Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1224

Thread: East Coast Surf

Quote Originally Posted by alev View Post
    I like surfing south of there, mid beach, right in front of the restaurant. Not convinced it's the best spot on the beach, but I've been able to figure it out a bit and know where the peak is gonna be given the tide etc
    South of there isn't an option when winds are blowing NE like yesterday. Even N winds you want to be north of the bath house. Just because that noob with the Jeep always surfs between beacon and the restaurant, doesn't mean it's the place to surf.

n00b = le banned? I dig the rights as the area in front of the restaurant fills up with the tide with a big enough swell. s or e swell, nothing northern

Ok thanks for the update, I'm peacing out of work at 3:05 and hoping for a quick dip before dark. hope to bowl a strike to two

Quote Originally Posted by MrMan View Post

Meaning the only game between Gloucester Mass and Portland Maine pretty much.

Head high plus drops on the peak.
    Attachment 216337
    1. BS. The inside right bowl on Moody Point. Even JLand can make something of that. Not to mention two island breaks just outside of The dolphin headlands. Oh, and don't forget the ledge south of goosefare. And we are only talking a short portion of that mass to Portland claim. Clearly you have a lot to learn before losing that garbage man title. Maybe the only game along your collection route.

2. So, like chest high waves?

11 days to go in my cast, and I become a better, nicer human being. Until then it is beat up on the JONG. And yes, Alev, you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    1. BS. The inside right bowl on Moody Point. Even JLand can make something of that. Not to mention two island breaks just outside of The dolphin headlands. Oh, and don't forget the ledge south of goosefare. And we are only talking a short portion of that mass to Portland claim. Clearly you have a lot to learn before losing that garbage man title. Maybe the only game along your collection route.

2. So, like chest high waves?

11 days to go in my cast, and I become a better, nicer human being. Until then it is beat up on the JONG. And yes, Alev, you are correct.
    Key words=pretty much. With the seemingly endless breaks from Mass to Portland, there are only a handful that work well with SE winds that also benefit from almost a straight east swell angle.

NOOB tip: Anything north of Moody may as well be Portland. IMNOOBO.

Most waves today were above chest. Head plus on set drops with walls at chest to shoulder, some head.

made it out to SS for a quick piss n paddle. Shoulder, head high quick drops with more texture than I preferred. time change killing my surf schedule. I'm sure there was some surfing on cape ann, but not much between cape ann and SS. sure some of ott's secret spots were solid ass well.

made it out to SS for a quick piss n paddle. Shoulder, head high quick drops with more texture than I preferred. time change killing my surf schedule. I'm sure there was some surfing on cape ann, but not much between cape ann and SS. sure some of ott's secret spots were solid ass well.
    Tide was too low for SS to be good when you went. Gets really mixed/crossed up at lower tides. I should've recommended not going there when you got out of work. I was there from just after dead high to about 2 hours after high today. Wind had a bit more east in it as the day went on as well. A friend went to SS about 130 and said he missed the tide window so he drove north a bit and caught good size but not great conditions. Tomorrow looking fun with straight offshore winds. Will be at the beach between 845-1030am then again after 1pm if the wind hasn't knocked it down too much.

No I know that SS doesn't do well with low outgoing tides like that, but that was the only window I had to go, and its the closest place to me. I wanted to maximize the surfing time in the water and minimize the drive time. Hard when I can't get out of work till 3 most days.

I hear ya. I wasn't thinking you'd drive all the way from Mass (Mass right?) to hit SS with such limited window of daylite (dedication!) which is why I didn't speak up. I only went to SS today because it's just 1 mile from my driveway haha.

Wait how'd you know mass? No I'm living in So Berwick. so 25 mins. I'm from gloucester though, and I think some spots were working down there.

Wait how'd you know mass? No I'm living in So Berwick. so 25 mins. I'm from gloucester though, and I think some spots were working down there.
    Well in my lurking life I had seen you mentioning surfing in Mass quite a bit if I remember correctly. South Berwick, well hell we'll cross paths regularly I'm sure. Make some time tomorrow if you can.

Copy that. Well I've got an older black subaru outback, mass plates, alta sticker. If its mid week surf, I'm usually at LS or SS. I'm still only a couple months into a new job, so getting out first light and making it to work by 750 hasn't been too easy the last few weeks.

Tomorrow am could look like this. This is from a recent swell by the house. No one surfs anymore ha. Solo sessions fo dayz.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	419.7 KB 
ID:	216384

Copy that. Well I've got an older black subaru outback, mass plates, alta sticker. If its mid week surf, I'm usually at LS or SS. I'm still only a couple months into a new job, so getting out first light and making it to work by 750 hasn't been too easy the last few weeks.
    Ford wagon with Maine plates. Bike rack on back window and no stickers. My work schedule gives me 4+ hours off daily from 830/9am to 1pm off Monday thru Friday with weekends off unless I want to pick up a weekend shift. No dawn patrols or late day sessions till spring. We'll hook up.

must be nice to have that as backyard. i like that spot. I'll try to get out in the am, and ill be stressed if I do, and regret it if i don't.

It can be a gem as you know. Just don't tell anyone lol. Enjoy the morning. Working at 750 you should be able to surf from 6-7 and grab a coffee on your way to work. Free coffee at Anthony's on Fridays if you have a free Anthony's card. Plus free large pizza on your birthday and credits every time you buy anything that Anthony's makes. You heard it here first!

Here's a pic from the "backyard" break from my birthday last January. Air temp 4 degrees Fahrenheit water temp 39 degrees no one out and head and a half steep walled sets. Sea smoke. Was a great birthday present. Fuck hurricane season, bring on the nor'easters pleeze.

Views:	32 
Size:	347.2 KB 
ID:	216395

Into it. Green fish, in and out lickety split. will check out uncle anthony's coffee

Into it. Green fish, in and out lickety split. will check out uncle anthony's coffee
    Awesome report back after your sesh please. Buoy holding steady at around 5' @ 11 seconds at 105. If that holds it should be chest plus and squeaky clean by the restaurant. When you go into Anthony's just ask one of the register folk to sign you up for the card. It's quick. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
    It can be a gem as you know. Just don't tell anyone :
    Um, dude, your the only one telling.

Those 4 degree air temps are pretty much the only thing I really wanted to not experience again. Easier ways to surf solo. Pretty much not interested when the air gets much below 40. And about 46 water is my stopping point. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad I experienced some cold surf. Keeps the stuff around here feeling plenty comfortable. Just never warms up.

I think my coldest day also had off shore winds. Strong. Consistent 15mph. Air was 15F and the water 40F. Jumped off a Jetty to get to the outside. You really could not duck dive. This was in '92 or so and I likely was wearing my shorty underneath an old hooded 5mm. Barely could paddle that thing.

Wind looks to be knocking it down big time this morning. Glad someone got on it at 1st lite.

Lovely thing to pull up to in the hood this morning. Waves had perfect shape. Deserted town once again.

Views:	38 
Size:	418.9 KB 
ID:	216429

Mr man is this for real or are you just joking around? Serious question.

Don't you talk to Mr. Mr. Like that!

Welcome! it's been a Couple years since we had that kind of spirt here.

It reminds me of a former poster...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I figured since I live close to the beach I could provide some pics to help keep the EC stoke alive and well.

Here's another one from this morning. Crazy how clear and sunny it was at times and then the whole sky would change in minutes. This pic was taken just over an hour from the clear sunny pic I posted earlier. Way smaller than the last two days, but no less fun. These little buggers were running.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 249
Size:  97.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by whitekingsalmon View Post
    Mr man is this for real or are you just joking around? Serious question.
    I get it man. I hate when people are fucking stoked. Gets me all pissed off they can get stoked on stuff. It seems so easy to them. That's why we need people to bring on the anti stoke. Thanks for playing.

Oh. And he is for reals. Are you?