Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1224

Thread: East Coast Surf

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I was there. Good time. Won a hat, ski strap, and a t. Bob is a good dude.

Chest-Shoulder and clean! Too bad the temp has dropped. I hate wet suits.
    Hell ya , killer turnout for him.

Drummond is picking apart the whites, some impressive footage last night.

On a surfing note, I bet Salis was fun at first light. Didn't check the cam until just now.

Sent from my SM-G928V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by rdennhs View Post
    Hell ya , killer turnout for him.

Drummond is picking apart the whites, some impressive footage last night.

On a surfing note, I bet Salis was fun at first light. Didn't check the cam until just now.

I didn't see anything on the screen or hear what anybody was saying. Too much talking going on! When I won, Bob was just about to draw another number before I realized. I had a good time, but I kinda missed the whole point of being there.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I didn't see anything on the screen or hear what anybody was saying. Too much talking going on! When I won, Bob was just about to draw another number before I realized. I had a good time, but I kinda missed the whole point of being there.
    Yah its transformed into a social event. GBA gets up there and educates people on what they're up to, vendors bring their new shit, it began a number of years ago as a movie premiere I believe. People just wanted to drink and talk to vendors. It's a big fund-raiser for something too, none of the $$ goes to Bob.

Yeah, the raffle $$ goes to FOT. Not sure if BCA gets anything. I think you're right about the movie thing. The one thing I did catch was the "Facing the Headwall" on tv's behind the bar. Some good footage on that flick. Talked to the DPS guy for a while. He was the Palmer snowboard rep back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by alev View Post
    guy in water on weds said water temp was 50. my hands were rakes pretty quickly. can't get out today, so I'm bumming. hoping for a leftover bump first light (which isn't early )tomorrow am.
    These gloves are awesome for 42-50F water. Dexterous in general, but more importantly grips wet fiberglass. Thin, so not for those super cold days when y'all are wearing your 7mm lobster mitts. But a worthy transitional glove that you won't mind wearing too much.

http://www.pleasuresports.com/2mm-di...es-tropic.html

I'm sure there are even better dive gloves to find, but I think it is the amara palm and the 2mm thickness that makes these my favorite.

One from my bud this am in MA and one from the banned in ME.

Is that ME or NH? I would have assumed in was Grain Stones.

Regardless, looks terrible.

Top one is Mass just over the border and the bottom one is Maine.

East Coast Surf

Yeah. I got a txt about my ignorance.

So Salisbury steaks?

Figure the other is by the restaurant, but I've never seen it so crisp. Wave looks almost like ss, 'crept for the bit of inside reef.

Anyway, this is the offering to compare with PW7s treastles zones shots. But w no heads bobbing. A paraphrase.

I'm just enjoying stoking the fire a bit. Maybe this will become a NJ v ME thing. Or cobblestone beach off.

is that bottom pic from LS by the restaurant that always smells like bacon?

since i missed today, I'm hopeful that there's something left at first light tomorrow. Looks like another nice day either way!

Bacon? It was fish when I was a kid. And I received a dossier that says "no".

Waist. Man am I a kook out there but it's fun!

I'm sure I'll hear a complaint from la banned. There are too many heads bobbing about. Looks like a PW7 photo.

A bit jealous. Looks like fun. Been thinking about how my first days back I would really like a waste high New England swell.

only kooks who can't surf worry about a crowd

nice shots though, looks clean & lined up
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Well, technically, I fucking rip, and I fucking hate crowds. All you goobers get in the fucking way of my awesomeness.

Seriously tho. I don't want to surf alone at the spots I enjoy the most. While I did get up that cliff myself with a broken ankle, it was nice knowing there were two people in the water who would get out an help me if I whistled for them. Broken ankles, concussion, fall on the reef, shark attack, cliff fall... no, I don't like to be alone. But for some beach access, sand bottomed, short period slip, sure surfing alone is preferred.

But anymore than eight, and gtfo. That whole trestle zone is a complete shit show imo. Sure, I visit when I'm around. Some excellent waves. But damn. Especially lowers. Put your blinders down, make your waves and call off the drop in. It is fucking work acting like an asshole to get waves.

$.02.

agreed fuck Lowers but Middles & Cottons can be just as much fun and are not nearly as crowded...it's a give & take situation like everything in else in life, but it sure beats Paterson NJ
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Well, not to dis on the ec in their own thread, but duh.

Agreed. And I've actually surfed decent to good cottons with just a handful of guys with some of the maggots even. Middles is better than lowers for sure for crowds, but it still seems crowded to me most of the time. But then again, I rarely surf in town here.

If I lived anywhere down there, I'd likely be soon as you do. SD has some good spots, but fuck that traffic. And anywhere north of souther OC, fuck that traffic. Trestles offers a ton of options in a few miles of shore line. Except seclusion. But you won't eat that anywhere in SoCal.

To be fair, Maine does offer that up if you want it. There are a shit ton of awesome breaks that rarely if ever see people. Too bad a lot of those spots on break a few days a year and only when the tide is right with a 10' swing. So, give and take.

Personally I like SC. Some sort of surf on tap almost daily. In fall, it rarely drops below head high outside of town. Lots of good breaks. Decent variety. Not enough lefts. Crowded in town, but not so much at other spots in the county. Cold water is the only catch. But wetsuits are so fucking good these days it is not a big deal. Keeps the real kooks away.

Oh shit, thread drift. Back to the regular programming.

I predict a yawn or jajajajaja very soon

Ding ding ding. Followed about a fish boat and knowledge of where it's ripping right now. Oh, lord, bless us with his prescience, his shared wisdom, even tho we bore he.

Thumping locally.

how long you been on the couch? (I did 35 days last summer FML)

So far 38 days.

Cast comes off in 30 days.

That lip had some juice. That much I know.

Beauty of a morning yesterday in Maine. Easy to beat the crowds when you beat the sun by 30 minutes on a Saturday. Started off shoulder high and petered out to thigh by the end, but smooth long rides.

I liked it better when it was just me and an older guy, before the rest of the bros showed up.

LS? With Paddleboarder Bob? Ya know, the old dude.

Heard the cobbles at JLand were set up right with anything over 6' of water.

That tropical storm looks like it is gonna bring some surf and weather.

Wasn't him, this guy was logging. bald. jeep. first in water. nice guy to share some waves with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    LS? With Paddleboarder Bob? Ya know, the old dude.

Heard the cobbles at JLand were set up right with anything over 6' of water.

That tropical storm looks like it is gonna bring some surf and weather.

Remnants of this TS blew through the seacoast last night. Gusts to 60, took a lot of trees out. Sounds like most schools are cancelled today in this area, but we have school today (though a late start). Looking like the afternoon could be fun when the wind goes offshore ish...

The buoy offshore of Nantucket was reading 26ft at 14seconds earlier this morning. Should be somesurf somewhere sometime soon.