On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

WTB: 27.5 wheelset

Looking to do the faux Bronson and convert my Santa Cruz Blur LTc to 650b wheels. Would like to try and compete somewhat on weight with my current DT Swiss XR400 rims with 350 hubs, but don't want to lose too much strength. Just throwing this out there in case there are some not-beat-to-shit wheelsets someone needs to unload.

15mm front and 10x135 rear preferred, but convertibles are welcome.

(side note: Assuming I pick up something with a DT rear hub in 12x142 could I use parts off my old 10/135 DT 350 hubs to make it work?)

you are such a tease
    watch out for snakes

Was couloir man 's set not workable?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Was couloir man 's set not workable?
    I sort of low-balled him a bit and he had another local offer for more. No worries.

Have some ENVEs to unload shortly.

Stan's Flow EX on Stan's 330HD hubs. Never seen dirt. Prolly not what you're looking for but hit me up if you're interested.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

I've got a pair I bought locally as a backup thinking my girl was picking up a 27.5 bike. She didn't, now I've got a set of wheels I have no need for.

Sun Inferno rims/Wheeltech hubs, wheels from last year's RM Altitude. 15mm front, 12x142 rear. Not mine but these are the same wheels http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1515177. $200 shipped? Make an offer.
    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

Buddy has a brand new never seen dirt set off his stock Bronson build. DT 350's on WTB rims. Also has the stock brand new rubber (highrollers). PM me and I can connect you if need be.

I'll also be selling a lightly used 27.5 Kashima 34 Talas 160/140 in about 7-10 days if you need a fork.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Stan's Flow EX on Stan's 330HD hubs. Never seen dirt. Prolly not what you're looking for but hit me up if you're interested.
    Any idea on weight? Convertible hub?

Quote Originally Posted by ridevt View Post
    Buddy has a brand new never seen dirt set off his stock Bronson build. DT 350's on WTB rims. Also has the stock brand new rubber (highrollers). PM me and I can connect you if need be.

I'll also be selling a lightly used 27.5 Kashima 34 Talas 160/140 in about 7-10 days if you need a fork.
    I would like to stick in DT Swiss assuming I can convert them to 10x135 without having to buy a $90 kit to do so. I assume I can take the endcaps and spacer from my old DT 350 hub to convert from 12x142 to 10x135...no?

If either of you guys are in the $350-450 range let me know.

These are the wheels, they list at 1850 grams, not really "XC" wheels. Mine are 12X142/15mm with XD driver (11 speed only) currently. Stan's has all the stuffs to convert them to whatever you want, you'd need a $74 freehub body to go 10 speed, plus the axle (I think) at $15. Retail is $690 as configured, honestly $450 would be a stretch for me.

Got 28 hole hubs?

http://www.bikelugs.com/store/index....&intItemID=435

The Pacenti TL28 sits nicely between a Flow EX and Arch EX in width but same weight as the Arch Ex's. On sale at $49 is a great price.

I bought a set of hubs from BikeHubStore.com, pretty good deal at $135.

http://www.bikehubstore.com/

^^^
    Looks like a pretty decent option.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    ^^^
    Looks like a pretty decent option.
    Only problem is not I've outed myself to creeky as a non trustafarian. What self respecting trust funder would scour the internet for a deal on no name hubs and rims on sale?

Think I am picking up a set of Stan's Crests on PB. 1520g/set. Its nice to be a skinny short dude sometimes.

Wheel building is the only bike building craft I have yet to get into. Once I have a truing stand I would like to build up a really nice set.