Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tenkara

Haha. I was wondering when you would creep into the fishing forum. Your first post being one defending tenkara was unexpected icing on the cake.
    Been fishing, Pio? Let's see some grip and grins.

^classic

and I still don't get the appeal

I don't do grip and grins, unless I've got a really picworthy fish. But my last fishing was in September on Kelly Creek in Idaho.

It's a small, small man that makes fun of someone else's fishing.
    "Judge me by the enemies I have made." -FDR

Quote Originally Posted by that dude who did that thing View Post
    It's a small, small man that makes fun of someone else's fishing.
    Don't worry, we all know how big you are.

Okay, I tried to come and respect the fishing board. But you guys would rather shit on it, treat it like the PR.

It's fishing. Shit talking is required.

And quit hotspotting.

JHC, dude is lost.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    It's fishing. Shit talking is required.

And quit hotspotting.
    Yeah, nobody ever heard of Kelly Creek till I mentioned it (what a maroon).

I fish some places that are protected by their remoteness (Kelly is one good example of that), some that are protected by anonymity, and some that can offer up great fishing despite their crowds (I'm sure nobody's heard of Henry's Fork). The accusation of "hotspotting" is the last refuge of assholes who either can't fish, can't read a map, or both.

I don't think you really fish at all. Post up some pics. This is a dick waving competition, after all.

I award you 2 points for proper use of "maroon."

I heard a interview with the guy in boulder that brought this garbage to the US. His main reason for using tenkara was; you do not have to stress out about all the equipment and can focus on things like; reading the water, where the fishing are living/feeding, they use the same flys no matter what so that is "easier", etc.

that is so stupid, it is like saying I ride a bike so I don't have to worry about buying gas.

I have gone from being passive about tenkara to fully hating it. I give it points for bushwhacking to small streams, that is it.
    believe me its real.

Tenkara

JHC, WTF? You won’t stress about reading the water? Or what the fish are doing? My equipment is all a part of it. It makes it better. I like the fact when a huge fish runs I have to think where is all the line, and what’s going on with the reel. What the fuck you gonna do with the big fish w/ a cane pole anyway? Like poopster said maybe bushwhacking a small stream, but even then I’d rather have one of my tiny 5 foot rods because it’s fun to throw that little perfect cast with a pile of slack etc.

Tiny, tiny people who think their way is the only way. Or even the best way.

Several of you sound like those assholes that ride his 120-underfoot powder boards on east coast ice 3 weeks after the last storm, and claim that only pussies sharpen their edges (in other words like Vt.Freeheel).

Y'all fish however you want, buy whatever you want. I'll do the same. I have a pretty ridiculous collection of small stream rods, and the tenkara is just another part of that quiver.

underoos, your handle makes more sense now that we know you think dick measuring is fun. Posting up pics of 4" fish, BTW, is not measuring anything, except, in plugboots case, that he takes some good underwater pics.

So, here's a pic, but it's not about the fish which, despite appearances, was just fine and swam away strong. The pic is about the rod. Built on a Garrison taper in my shop, assembled with nickel-silver hardware, and wrapped in light olive silk. I know small stream rods.
    Name:  Bull.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  76.6 KB

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    jimbo
    the fishin forums here and the drakes fkna great without you
    and your sloppyleftovers dinks in the grass attempt at stoke
    stfu and go fishing
    and the roos
    we hang
    well hung
    just not witch u

#fuckyoreellessnonsense
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

The drake: where assholes go to stroke each other's cocks.

Hey, SFB do you often wish you had longer arms so you could make your fish look even bigger in pics like that?

Seriously, if your ego is tied to the fish shots you can post, then it's based on lies.

james i gots
    #friendsnotfollowers
    and my ego would be crushed
    only if my friends didn't show up irl to share the pursuits of piscatorial prey
    not just the heros sammies catchin parts
    why dont you come on over to the green this weekend
    show us how the dude does dis thing

bring sum backing bro
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

oh and as to the suk
    aint yet met one of em cock strokin assholes i aint enjoyed time with yet and stoked that number increased again last weekend
    much like this community
    james ever think maybe you aint quite doing the internet community thing right?
    maybe your #tenkaringtarpoon
    leftylaughs

If I want to fish the Green, it won't be with assholes who think they are internet heroes, it will be with friends I made IRL, a lot of whom I may have first met via internet communities, where 20 years ago I discovered the fishing boards were just like real life, half the guys there were assholes, half were not. And the ones who post fish pics without all the "I'm so cool" bluster, the ones who don't make fun of how other people choose to fish, the ones who realize fishing is just another way of finding your dao, and that as a result it is not about the fish at all much less the size of the fish, are the ones who are not assholes. If I want to fish the
    Green this weekend, or any of a dozen other streams in the Northern Rockies, I will. But it will be solo, as that remains the best way to find the things most importnat in life, or with friends who don't base their worth on fish pics or internet hero status.

And, yeah, if the stream is small enough, and the conditions are right, I might just pull out that tenkara as a way of reminding myself that life flows through tiny fish just as much as it does a 27" brown trout, and that joy of connecting to that life does not depend on the size of the fish, and that only a fool lets a fish determine his worth.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Is this like the tele skiing of fishing?
    Nobody Cares That You Tenkara

Free the reel, free the mind.

When I saw Jimmy P was back, I was honestly looking forward to him maybe participating in the fishing forum, since he claims to have fished once.

Now I am disappointed that he is back.

James, you don't get it, and you're too easily trolled.

I didn’t know they had alligators in the green.

When I saw Jimmy P was back, I was honestly looking forward to him maybe participating in the fishing forum, since he claims to have fished once.

But he’s definitely a huge fly fisherman.

Whatever.

I will gladly crap all over the PR for pure entertainment value. But on subject matter boards, I want to discuss the subject matter.

I suppose I could say I'm sorry that me posting about fishing on a fishing BB was disappointing to you. But I'm not, so I won't. But I also won't crap all over this board if that's what you want me to do.

Anyone wanting to actually discuss fishing here, I'm in, sometimes, when I'm in the mood.

Quote Originally Posted by that dude who did that thing View Post
    If I want to fish the Green, it won't be with assholes who think they are internet heroes, it will be with friends I made IRL, a lot of whom I may have first met via internet communities, where 20 years ago I discovered the fishing boards were just like real life, half the guys there were assholes, half were not. And the ones who post fish pics without all the "I'm so cool" bluster, the ones who don't make fun of how other people choose to fish, the ones who realize fishing is just another way of finding your dao, and that as a result it is not about the fish at all much less the size of the fish, are the ones who are not assholes. If I want to fish the
    Green this weekend, or any of a dozen other streams in the Northern Rockies, I will. But it will be solo, as that remains the best way to find the things most importnat in life, or with friends who don't base their worth on fish pics or internet hero status.
    tight dao lines dude