Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by melzor View Post
    I just noticed my binding heel piece snapped and broke! I'm trying to figure out what to do and what piece could be replaced, and if I just need that actual heel cup part, and thus could get it off any other Griffon 13 binding, and just use my own brake and sole piece that fits my ski (116m underfoot).

Pretty annoyed as these have barely been skied on and I'm 125 lbs - and no warranty after 1 year?! No idea how this could have happened - defect for sure, some sort of weak point, anyone else this happen to would love to hear about.
    depending where you are i'd bet most shops have a spare heel lying around
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

This thread is weird - revived after 5+ years and people AREN'T hating on Marker?

I stopped skiing marker when I broke my Dukes in like 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    This thread is weird - revived after 5+ years and people AREN'T hating on Marker?

You might change your mind next year. The 2021 Royal Series and Duke PT are excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by melzor View Post
    I just noticed my binding heel piece snapped and broke! I'm trying to figure out what to do and what piece could be replaced, and if I just need that actual heel cup part, and thus could get it off any other Griffon 13 binding, and just use my own brake and sole piece that fits my ski (116m underfoot).

Pretty annoyed as these have barely been skied on and I'm 125 lbs - and no warranty after 1 year?! No idea how this could have happened - defect for sure, some sort of weak point, anyone else this happen to would love to hear about.
    Marker bindings have a three years warranty in the USA:

"MARKER´s warranty is extended to the customer through the
    MARKER authorized retailer. MARKER requests that warranty claims
    or inquiries be processed by MARKER authorized retailers
    on behalf of their customers. In some instances, if a retail customer should
    contact MARKER directly, MARKER will process the claim or inquiry.
    Defective product is defined as that product, component or part
    thereof which, due to material failure or defect in workmanship, no
    longer functions properly for its intended use. Final decisions regarding
    any claimed product defect will be made solely by a representative
    of MARKER. MARKER will, at its sole discretion, repair, replace or
    refund the purchase price of a defective retail binding for a period of
    two years (USA 3 years), rental and demo bindings one year.
    Damage caused by improper handling, non - observance of the instructions
    for use, non - qualified installation, improper adjustment,
    insufficient maintenance and servicing, skiing accidents, abuse of
    product or normal wear is not covered under warranty. All wearing
    parts and cosmetics are exempt from warranty. MARKER will not be
    liable for incidental or consequential damages of any nature unless
    such limitation is expressly prohibited by law in the applicable jurisdiction.
    All implied warranties are expressly disclaimed unless such
    disclaimer is prohibited by law. In that event, the duration of any
    implied warranties shall be concurrent with the period of express
    warranties stated herein."

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    You might change your mind next year. The 2021 Royal Series and Duke PT are excellent.
    "excellent" same basic heel that is still a PITA to mount and step into, the PT could be the answer to the shift if it doesn't have the usual Marker first season teething troubles we've come to expect
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    . . . "excellent" same basic heel that is still a PITA to mount and step into . . .
    They've shaved down/reshaped the rounded section that your heel comes down on in the current binding, making stepping in only slightly more effort than a Tyrolia or Salomon heel. I've stepped into a bunch of them lately, and they've eliminated the thing I disliked most about the previous design. They should have made this adjustment years ago, as the TCX and race bindings have always been super easy to get into.

I don't expect AFD adjustment or brake release problems with the Duke PT, and the heel is basically a Jester unit which has been as durable as anything. I do expect people to lose the cowling when they take it off to skin, but that won't exactly be Marker's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post

All bindings break, not just Marker.

Pivot 15s are coming out...

And they are sweet, especially like the "raw" colorway . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    And they are sweet, especially like the "raw" colorway . . .
    we got a pre season shipment of 15s in Forza and Raw (some staff got the gold) sold out in less than 10 days, not a small number either
    funny i sat in sales meetings for 10 years asking/begging for it to come back "there's no market for it, we have the 14 and 18"
    BOOM.
    fire

rails are for trains

www.theguideshut.ca

If you're at all sensitive to stance, you will notice a difference between STH2 and Look. STH2 have significantly more ramp than the old STH and Look SPX/Pivot. I think Marker is on the flatter side as well. The longer your boot sole, the less this matters since the delta occurs over a longer distance.

Boot ramp/forward lean also play into the equation, as does where your bindings are mounted on the ski. For my setup I prefer the flatter ramp of Look over STH2. The only thing I like better about Solly is the worm gear forward pressure adjustment, which is just stupid easy and seems more precise than the SPX notched adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada29er View Post
    If you're at all sensitive to stance, you will notice a difference between STH2 and Look. STH2 have significantly more ramp than the old STH
    STH2 has 1mm more ramp than old STH, to be exact. Warden has 1mm less ramp than STH.

Wardens feel similar to Pivot 14's in terms of ramp. Someone will be along with the exact numbers shortly. However, I do think they ski more harshly than the Pivots.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    STH2 has 1mm more ramp than old STH, to be exact. Warden has 1mm less ramp than STH.
    That's not what I measured. IIRC there was 3-4mm difference.