Scarpa Blink: What size hex key to repair the ski/walk mechanism?

The ski/walk mechanism on my wife's Scarpa Blink boots doesn't work. Google shows that this is a common problem. I'm surprised they let it slip and haven't done a voluntary recall.

Anyway, I want to fix the boots quickly (no time for warranty work, no desire to break in a new pair of boots since these fit her very well.)

Does anyone know what size hex keys to use to take apart the mechanism and also to remove the bar? None of the common sizes (imperial and metric) work. They must be using something very odd and I haven't figured out what size it is.

2.5mm hex

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    2.5mm hex
    Thanks. Tried that. No luck. Model year is 2012 I believe and purchased in Canada.

Let a shop do it. The hex hardware is soft and strips easily. It's a pain in the ass

Hi Lee, yeah it did look pretty soft. And some of the hex hardware on that boot is very shallow as well.
    If I need a shop to fix it, we might just get new boots since that is obviously not an option on a multi-day trip.

A new pair of Scarpa Gea's fixed the problem. The mechanism on these looks eerily similar but we were told they made some improvements so here is hoping..

Quote Originally Posted by steventy View Post
    Thanks. Tried that. No luck. Model year is 2012 I believe and purchased in Canada.
    Did you try a canadian 2.5mm hex?