Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    They are supposedly coming out with a 110 and 145. Might have to look at the big boy for next years elk season.

I agree that a decent Igloo-level marine cooler is close enough to a Yeti-level that the price isn't worth it. Freeze your ice blocks very cold (-20) for good results- if you just pull ice blocks out of a store freezer who knows what temperature it's at. I have ice on day 7 with mid-level cooler doing that and with the other tips provided. Longer than that you need dry ice regardless. Two coolers is good- one deep freeze that almost never gets opened (couple times a trip) and one for drinks & lunch, snacks etc. Consolidate into one cooler near the end of your trip and use the other for trash. Also, if you freeze water jugs you will have solid ice instead of compressed cubes, and it won't leak water into your cooler. Having a chest freezer helps!

The hinges and closures are certainly better on Yeti-level though- I've had to replace those on my Igloos and Rubbermaids.

If it ain't a Yeti, it's a Shiti

To me, including that lube just indicates that they know there's a problem with the zipper and don't want to fix it. A zipper shouldn't fall apart after its' first use. They even have a comment about it on their official website.

I have an RTIC 65 and its been really good! i bought it last year and i think it was around $170 or so with free shipping so thats hard to beat! Also bought a couple of mugs from them that i like as well. I wanted to buy them before Yeti shut them down....

Heads up, on Amazon Prime just now got a Igloo Sportsman 55 for $64 dollars off if I selected "relaxed" shipping. Estd arrival of a week. $106 total

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

But how? I'm seeing the tan at at price that would go down to 106, but no "relaxed" shipping available. White is $171 pre-tax and has no-rush available.

Ya it must've been a one off. Told some co workers and they found the same thing as you. I must've just got lucky. And I meant no rush shipping.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Yeti vs other super-heavily-insulated coolers

Can anyone comment on the Igloo sportsman vs yeti or RTIC? Been wanting a 65qt RTIC for my trip in a few weeks but not available til end of Sept.... 65qt yeti is 380 at the cheapest I can find. Ozark trail gets awful reviews. I have an igloo marine, but I won't be near a store/ice for at least 7 days at a time, and I can't seem to get more than 2-3, maybe 4 days out of it

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Can anyone comment on the Igloo sportsman vs yeti or RTIC? Been wanting a 65qt RTIC for my trip in a few weeks but not available til end of Sept.... 65qt yeti is 380 at the cheapest I can find. Ozark trail gets awful reviews. I have an igloo marine, but I won't be near a store/ice for at least 7 days at a time, and I can't seem to get more than 2-3, maybe 4 days out of it
    Check out the ORCA 58. $299 on Amazon with free ship. Made in the USA and they generally do very well in tests and reviews. I bought an Orca 40 early this summer when the price dropped and it has worked well and recently the IGBC gave the ORCA's full bear proof certification.

ORCA TP0580RCORCA Cooler, Tan, 58-Quart https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DMAWSHI..._lTPBzbFR00JEW

review here

Grizzly Coolers is another option. $249 with free shipping on the 60. Made in the USA. Lifetime warranty. In stock.

http://www.grizzlycoolers.com/grizzly-60

Anyone checked out the Camp Chef coolers? Look nice online haven't seen them in person. I don't need Yeti prices but I could get one of these for kinda cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone used Pelican's new coolers? Can get them for a comparable price to Grizzly, and they look legit.

don't do the ozark trail soft sides....they look like they should work, but i had two for two bad performance days. Today i had to road trip to denver and lost most ice within 6 hours, also had the artificial ice sheet (18") in there and it melted as well. it was 95 F + but i was not out of the car for more than 3 or 4 visits that might have totaled an hour all together. not worth the $55 imo Seriously, I had the same performance from an insulated grocery bag which was about $5
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

I have a Grizzly. It's a nicely constructed pice of gear. But it's fucking heavy and unwieldy. I'm gonna chuck it and find a higher-end Igloo or Coleman to replace it.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

My griz doesn't seem to keep ice that long, like a day… I would definitely go a different route second time around.

Just pulled the trigger on an RTIC.... they were back in stock and the price was right. I'll let you guys now how she handles

I am liking the Canyon Prospector cooler. Not cheap, but 100 dollars cheaper than Yetis. Good reviews. Has a drain hole on the side AND the front. Multiple cam strap attachments that secure the cooler and still give you access to the lid. Specially designed to sit on the rails of your boat frame. Fits my 14' and 16' perfectly. Thinking of pulling the trigger tomorrow. (wife is, I am broke). So we will have a Gott 120 cooler for sale cheap in Sandpoint. http://www.canyoncoolers.com/prospector-103.html

decided to take a chance after the ozark soft side failure.....got a yeti roadie....iced it up last friday for work from field in truck....left everything in it in truck over weekend, this morning (monday) everything cold as hell , drained some cold ass water but still ice in cooler

so enough $30 for latest POS igloo followed by $55 ozark knock off yeti bag, none of which work well for extended cold keeping

I was tempted to try the ozark hard side roadie knock off , but naw, i don't care what the label says it will do, the soft side label was a lie

i'm sold on the yets
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

no clue how these stack up to the Yeti's, but rotomold and i've had good luck with other purchases from Monoprice.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_...170803_coolers

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    no clue how these stack up to the Yeti's, but rotomold and i've had good luck with other purchases from Monoprice.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_...170803_coolers
    No experience with this cooler either but I have nothing but good experiences with monoprice.com for other products that I have purchased over the years.

Reviews on the cooler appear to be on the positive end of the spectrum though.

Just got two RTIC coolers. A 20L and a 45L. Quality seems good so far, although one of the feet keeps falling out.

Ran my 65q RTIC for 3 nights last weekend and was impressed with how well it held temp. Son of a bitch is heavy when it's all loaded up though.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Ran my 65q RTIC for 3 nights last weekend and was impressed with how well it held temp. Son of a bitch is heavy when it's all loaded up though.
    Yeah, that's why we got two instead of one big one. About the Same price as one big Yeti if you think about it that way. We have gotten really good at justifying purchases lately.