Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    I have the soft sided 30 and ordered the 45... For $122 shipped it was a no brainer... I have already used it on a trip and after 4 days of use never had to reload with ice... It is one heavy mother F'er onve loaded with booze and ice...!
    Last edited by Undertow; 02-04-2017 at 05:40 AM.

Loving my little soft pack 20 but haven't had a chance to use my big 65q yet.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Yeti vs other super-heavily-insulated coolers

My wife just got a soft RTIC 40 I like it!
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 02-08-2017 at 04:57 PM.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    My wife just got a soft RTIC 45 I like it!
    Mickey b, I have the 30 and just make sure you keep the zipper lube... I love my 30, but after some use the zipper can be a major bitch to open... I remembered the lube and used it and problem solved...

Zipper lube?

It came with my RTIC 30... The zipper was fine when I got mine, but became really difficult to use after several uses...

I sprung for the Rtic soft sided 30. At 39% off, seemed like a deal. Probably it is, haven't actually tried it yet. But it sure isn't made like the Yeti, either. Zipper lube? Doubt the Yeti needs that.

And it seems rather, um, "plastic".

Bought a 45 hard and it looks pretty damn solid. Looks like they are sold out now of those. So gone and not coming back with lawsuit? Kind of want the 60 too for longer camping trips/Powell.
    Just ordered a soft 20 for smaller day trips. They ship fast and free which is a bonus.

I used my 45 this past weekend for our beverages and finally emptied it tonight... Loaded the cooler Friday morning and there was still ice left... I will say it again... Once you put your food/drinks along with ice it is one heavy sum a biatch...! My buddy was so impressed by it he went to order on on Sat and they were sold out...

Yeti is a nice cooler, but no way in hell is it worth the price they are charging...

I can buy a lot of ice for $400. But it's nice not having to now.

Is not just the cost of ice, it's also the 40 mile dirt road drive out of the desert to get more ice.
    Just gotta make sure to buy enough beer to last all week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Wife also bought a soft 30 cuz 40 is too big for every day.

I'm not convinced about soft coolers so I bought a hard 20.

So is RTIC no longer able to sell? Website is still accepting orders. I dont want to order anything until I know if it will be shipped, but I want to get a 65 before they are gone.

They're still selling them on the site. no longer sale prices tho. Buy with confidence, my stuff shipped very quickly.

Anyone know when the soft coolers may go on sale? Got my eye on the 20soft
    get paid

They had the 30 soft on sale 39% off a couple weeks ago. Not sure of current or future plans.

I picked one up for that price, but not really too thrilled with it. Quite a bit different construction compared to the Yeti equivalent.

But, I haven't actually used it yet, so maybe my opinion will change once I do.

It gets good side-by-side reviews compared to the yeti hopper. Rumor is yeti is going a flip top like the rtic in the future
    get paid

I dig the little soft 20 I got from them a couple of sales ago. I haven't fondled the equivalent yeti but this thing appears to be sturdy and very well insulated. I'd buy a 30q or 40q one of I felt like I'd get enough use out of it.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    It gets good side-by-side reviews compared to the yeti hopper. Rumor is yeti is going a flip top like the rtic in the future
    Yeti already has a flip top. It has been in stores for awhile. That is what I compared the rtic to. The zipper is a key difference, plus overall, the Yeti is just to me much more substantial.

Eh, I don't care that much. For $85, I think it is probably worth it. I think I am pretty well covered in the cooler department now.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Yeti already has a flip top. It has been in stores for awhile. That is what I compared the rtic to. The zipper is a key difference, plus overall, the Yeti is just to me much more substantial.

Eh, I don't care that much. For $85, I think it is probably worth it. I think I am pretty well covered in the cooler department now.
    Word. Looks like (currently) the yeti fliptop only comes in a 12? And for $279? That's retarded expensive!
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Word. Looks like (currently) the yeti fliptop only comes in a 12? And for $279? That's retarded expensive!
    12? Didn't look that small in the store, but I didn't actually check the size. I'll look next time I get the chance. Yes, Yetis are certainly expensive, as always.

Got lucky and got the soft 20 and the hard side 45 at great discounts. I needed neither, but the deal was too good to pass up. They were clearly sailing pretty close to the wind with what they were doing. Not surprised they lost their case. Pretty much thumbing their noses at Yeti. My guess is that the re-designed products will look pretty different. The 45 needs a Sherpa to haul it, but that is why I had kids. Certain it will outlast me. The 20 seems well built. Needing to lube zippers is new to me though.

Anybody here have the Walmart Ozark Trail soft side cooler? Saw them in the store last week. About $50, seem decently made - zipper is a little iffy, but the rest looks good.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Tra...ooler/52620406
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I fondled them in the store and felt like they had quite a bit less insulation than my soft rtic. Exterior material was a good bit thinner also and the construction didn't appear to be as durable. Good value at the price for day trips but I can't see it holding ice nearly as long as the comparable yeti.

Bought one off of Ebay for $42 including shipping. Good size for on the floor of the back seat but will leak if tipped over. Agree with Cruiser, good for a day trip but that's about it.

RTIC is having a spring sale. Most everything 33% off.

Stuff is selling out fast. (45, 65 are already gone,) but hardside 20 and soft coolers are still available.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...29049110484418
    Last edited by My Pet Powder Goat; 04-03-2017 at 10:58 PM.
    get paid