Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I just saw this on supertopo...

http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Cooler-Reviews

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I just saw this on supertopo...

http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Cooler-Reviews
    Hot damn that is an awesome review. Just heading out to Blue Ox for a weekend of camping in 90 degrees with my best buy Coleman.

As I mentioned in another Yeti knockoff thread, Costco has a 70 qt Igloo sportsman rotomolded cooler for $200. Note that it is NOT the same model as the Igloo cooler in the above outdoorgearlab review. The Sportsman faired well in the Field and Stream review (Google to find; apologies that I am not adept at inserting links using my phone and the mobile app).

Just curious, but does anybody know where these various new and cheaper coolers are made vs Yeti?

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that the Chinese are now in the cooler market. If so, this is typical American consumerism. Some American comes up with a great idea, and the Chinese are soon making a knock off. Anybody know if this is happening?

Happens all the time to my brother who is in the clock design business. They have given up, and just design the clocks and have the Chinese make them. High end to Target, it is all the same.
    I was told straight from a Yeti Employee 3-4 years ago they didn't own any of their own manufacturing and they were all coming from Asia.

Not the least bit surprised.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1470684037607.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	186013Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1470684043997.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	186014

Once again I owe this board... After checking out this thread I ended up purchasing an RTIC 30 and got to use this past weekend at a friend's lake house... The short of it is the cooler exceeded my expectations and held ice extremely well... Loaded it with 18 cans of beer and a couple of bottles of water and in 91 degree heat kept our drinks cold the entire day... Highly recommend and am getting ready to order the Tumblrs...

I should add the pic of the cooler open was the following day after filling it with ice the previous morning...

Just buy the ozark trail tumbler at wallyworld. Exact same thing but only 8$. Mine keeps ice all fucking day in 90deg+ heat. I did a test and put ice water in it and left it in the sun in my back yard all day while at work. Came home after 12hrs and still had damn near the same amount of ice in it. Left it out there until the next morning and it had lost very little ice.

Just curious, but does anybody know where these various new and cheaper coolers are made vs Yeti?
    From the Yeti website:

"WHERE ARE YETI PRODUCTS MANUFACTURED?
    Our Tundra coolers are manufactured in the USA at facilities located in Iowa and Wisconsin as well as at a facility located in the Philippines. Our Hopper coolers and Rambler drinkware are manufactured in China. Want a YETI Tundra made in the USA? Call us at 512.394.9384 and we’ll make it happen."

No clue on any others.

Bump. Walmart has the 52-qt Ozark Trail cooler available again. $147.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Tra...-Grey/49229404

I ordered one; supposedly will be available for pickup at my local store next week. The larger 73-qt cooler is not available still.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Shoot, looks like it's already oos again. That was quick...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Shoot, looks like it's already oos again. That was quick...
    Cruiser, you should check out RTIC... I bought one of their soft sided coolers and liked it so much I bought one of these...:

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coo.../RTIC-45-White

There are a ton of reviews on YouTube and can get parts if something should break...

Yeah, that's likely what I'll end up with. It shouldn't but it does kind of bother me that you have to preorder and then wait for their next container to land from China. That's really the only thing that has stopped me from pulling the trigger on their 65q model.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Just buy the ozark trail tumbler at wallyworld. Exact same thing but only 8$. Mine keeps ice all fucking day in 90deg+ heat. I did a test and put ice water in it and left it in the sun in my back yard all day while at work. Came home after 12hrs and still had damn near the same amount of ice in it. Left it out there until the next morning and it had lost very little ice.
    +1. $8 for the SAME exact thing as the Yeti ones.
    If you can live with the horror of not flying the YETI flag it is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Bump. Walmart has the 52-qt Ozark Trail cooler available again. $147.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Tra...-Grey/49229404

I ordered one; supposedly will be available for pickup at my local store next week. The larger 73-qt cooler is not available still.
    Got my Ozark Trail cooler. Comes shipped in a big cardboard box; my cooler had some sloppy plastic mold lines around the lip (where you can lock it shut), but otherwise looks pretty well made. I think it's a keeper. Heading out for a week-long camp trip later this month; will update on its performance afterward.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I used a friends "Yeti Colster" (koozie) over the weekend in 100deg heat. It worked incredibly well. http://yeti.com/colster/

Looks like RTIC has a knockoff for $10. https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/dri...blers/RTIC-Can
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Pulled the trigger on a 65q RTIC cooler yesterday for $159 shipped. Will report back once ups drops it off. The 20% discount and immediate shipping were just too enticing to pass up...

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Pulled the trigger on a 65q RTIC cooler yesterday for $159 shipped. Will report back once ups drops it off. The 20% discount and immediate shipping were just too enticing to pass up...
    I ordered a 45q RTIC a month or two ago. It's been running well for me. I can't imagine why you would spend double the rate for the Yeti at this point. Maybe it keeps ice at 9 days instead of 10, but seriously, for most anyone, it's a great cooler for the price and I hope lasts a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Got my Ozark Trail cooler. Comes shipped in a big cardboard box; my cooler had some sloppy plastic mold lines around the lip (where you can lock it shut), but otherwise looks pretty well made. I think it's a keeper. Heading out for a week-long camp trip later this month; will update on its performance afterward.
    Forgot to update this --

Cooler worked well, with frequent opening/closing. Daytime temps up to mid/upper 70s, maybe low 80s, so not terribly hot. Used a frozen gallon milk jug + blue ice bricks for the first couple days, then added some crushed ice midway through.

No complaints. It's a keeper.

If anyone is looking for a good deal on rotomolded coolers Rtic has these on sale right now (12/19/16):

20 quart, $106.24 https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coo.../RTIC-20-White
    45 quart, $148.74 https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coo.../RTIC-45-White
    65 quart, $169.99 https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coo.../RTIC-65-White

Rtic is having a 30% off sale right now. I believe they lost the lawsuit from Yeti and are having to redesign their coolers.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Rtic is having a 30% off sale right now. I believe they lost the lawsuit from Yeti and are having to redesign their coolers.
    Great heads up. Thanks!
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Where are you seeing this pricing?

You may have to navigate to the specific cooler you want. The cheaper prices were not showing up when I looked at the summary list of all coolers.

For example the home page for the hard coolers shows the RTIC 45 as 174.99 , but once you click on it and select the white 45 it shows 122.49.

Well, Yeti proved to be better in court:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/yeti-r...233800748.html
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Grabbed a 45 and a can tumbler. Figured is best to buy now with the lawsuit passed. Can't wait to put it to use this spring for some desert camping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid