Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    I've got a fucking huge pelican that is nice if you dont have to move it anywhere, a smaller one from some Bozeman company, and a soft sided yeti that was a wedding gift. I've replaced the zipper on the yeti I think 3 times and just gave up. The only way to really keep ice even in the nice rotomolded ones is to pre chill and use block ice or dry ice AFAIC but I do love listening to river rats get super worked up on ice retention theory...

Also a big fan of cocktail ice though I ain't too good for warm whiskey!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

My yeti 110 keeps 200 lbs of tuna fresh as long as I change out the yeti ice every 3-4 days. It’s expensive but wouldn’t trade it - tuna is worth a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I have the 55, it is $107 and is a super nice cooler. I prefer the latches over any other rotomold cooler. Looking at adding the 77 as well. They are $168. The Lifetime compared to Yeti and Rtic is a much better cooler due to the latches alone, American made and retains ice just as well. The only downfall is not being able to throw out the name Yeti every chance you can during a conversation like all Yeti owners.
    Agree to a point. I’m a Yeti guy but have never paid Yeti prices. If I had to, certainly would look at other brands. Actually have a couple that were free.99. In the weird world we live in cooler politics and regular politics are very similar. One side or the other. I personally think all the rotos will hold ice a long time but the Yeti hate is almost as strong as the worship.

Really, just throw me an ice cold beer out of whatever is holding them. If you don’t have ice cold beers, probably haven’t read this thread.

Plus, some of my Yetis are getting close to 20 years older than Lifetime has been around. Not sad I’ve got 20 years out of a cooler especially when that and Iceytek were the only game in town back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post

Really, just throw me an ice cold beer out of whatever is holding them. If you don’t have ice cold beers, probably haven’t read this thread.
    This! I use my cheap 25qt igloo more than anything. Keeps the beer cold.

For soft sided coolers I really dig the roll top style vs the zippered ones. The zippers are potentially just as leaky as the roll top and they can fail. I have an Ice Mule from Costco that was a gift from my parents a few years back and I still use it all the time. It's great for a day trip on a paddle raft/SUP/going to a concert.

On my fire engine we use RTIC cooler. I have no complaints, keeps water & Gatorade cold in the desert. Also, it doesn’t look real good to be driving around with a $700 Yeti on your engine, compliments of the tax payer when one that costs half as much will do.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just paid $120 + tax for the 77 quart scrath and dent one at the lifetime store in clearfield for the utah mags. pretty smoking deal

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Agree to a point. I’m a Yeti guy but have never paid Yeti prices. If I had to, certainly would look at other brands. Actually have a couple that were free.99. In the weird world we live in cooler politics and regular politics are very similar. One side or the other. I personally think all the rotos will hold ice a long time but the Yeti hate is almost as strong as the worship.

Plus, some of my Yetis are getting close to 20 years older than Lifetime has been around. Not sad I’ve got 20 years out of a cooler especially when that and Iceytek were the only game in town back in the day.
    its an odd hate
    im with you im gonna git the best rotomolded cooler for the best deal and a yeti hookup appeared
    keepin shit cold aint rocket science i can do it with styrofoam
    but i need shit thats gonna hold up day after day trip after trip
    right side up upside down
    and when the only thing that i need to fix on it in goin on a decade and 1/2 is the rubber latches
    shits well made and made to last
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

We bought an Engle dc cooler on sale a few years back. Draws an an amp or less keeps ice cream frozen in the utah desert in July. Amazing

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear