Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

DMT ... I have seen the afterlife

Anyone else dabble with the spirit molecule? Tried it quite a few times over the last couple of months and only experienced the sub level territory. Fantastic visuals beyond comprehension and beyond explanation, but I wanted to breakthrough and reach that next level. Don't get me wrong, sub level is a great place to be for a recreational user but I wanted a deeper spiritual release with DMT.

Then last night, finally had my breakthrough as its called and experienced what I perceive to be the afterlife. It was the most glorious place I could ever envision. Again, beyond words. In real time, I was gone for 15-minute spurts (over the course of 90 minutes) but it felt like I was gone for hours. As a result of all this, my relationship with death is far more positive and to the extent that I now have no fear for death. Not sure if this is good or bad. I now have complete assurance and confidence that all those close to me who passed away are indeed in a MUCH, MUCH better place than this world. And I have no doubt that everyone else not close to me is in the same realm especially since I saw some prominent figures from various points in history going back 300 years.

When I woke up this morning, the world looked and felt a lot different.

For those curious about it, watch the documentary on Netflix: DMT: The Spirit Molecule. Effectively, this compound is released from the brain during the final living moments. The reason it's so hard to fight to remain alive is because that next world is perfect. And it's the chemical the elicits dreams.

Or, you took a mind altering drug and thought you saw the afterlife giving you a false sense of what death is.

Is this guy for realz?

in what ways, good or bad? Did you have any introspective revelations?

I've watched a good few videos on iowaska (sp?) It looks stout.

Pappa G, DMT on a Sunday night? Dood you are living a relaxed life style. Party on
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Or, you took a mind altering drug and thought you saw the afterlife giving you a false sense of what death is.

Is this guy for realz?
    DMT releases the same shit your brain releases during REM or it dumps it while your are dying. Saying you've been to the other side is common.

Is a Tuesday night better?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Awesome. And you thought, hey I'm going to write this out and post it. Good on ya man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    in what ways, good or bad? Did you have any introspective revelations?

I've watched a good few videos on iowaska (sp?) It looks stout.
    It was all good. Definitely more comfortable with death now as I said. My friend that makes it thinks there has been a disconnect somewhere in my brain involving these emotions that has since been patched up. I'm more at ease and without taking things so seriously now. Hard to explain right now as I'm still trying to come to grips.

DMT shows you what you NEED to see and experience, not what you want to see and experience. Perhaps there was a void in my life that needed greater awareness. A void that inhibited me from truly taking full advantage of this life. And as I type this, the title of the movie "Enter the Void" makes far more sense now.

Hugh Conway Guest
    now do we get trance or patchouli hippie music as a soundtrack?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    now do we get trance or patchouli hippie music as a soundtrack?
    Had this on repeat:

Can I have some?

My buddy got some back when silk road was running. He was adamant about me needing to try it. I never got around to it. But we were always tripping buddies so he knows what I like. I will try some soon.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Ahhhh the deemsters

TA-props for having the balls to post this. Joe Rogan explains DMT really well.

DMT is released in your brain when you die. The experience of taking it is probably pretty incredible, you're exploring feelings and parts of your brain you've never been in touch with before.

However, not unlike an animal being fatally injured, evolution has created a happy place for your brain to go to when death is imminent. As much as I'd love to buy into the spirituality and afterlife aspects and effects, it simply is an illogical jump. Not unlike being drunk and thinking you're better at everything, the logical part of the brain is being tricked and backdoored.

As with any intense mind altering drugs, i think there are ptsd type issues shortly thereafter since the reality your brain is accustomed to has been crushed, clearly making your brain question it's foundation of reasoning.

This could turn into an interesting subject if the right players chime in.
    Like I said, props for being courageous enough to post such controversial material.

getting wasted on hallucinogens is courageous, well then I'm a hero from way back - LOL

Learn to read moron. I said posting about it here is courageous.

You should read Graham Hancock's book "Supernatural".

spook Guest
    controversial?

Quote Originally Posted by PappaG View Post
    Then last night, finally had my breakthrough as its called and experienced what I perceive to be the afterlife. It was the most glorious place I could ever envision. Again, beyond words. In real time, I was gone for 15-minute spurts (over the course of 90 minutes) but it felt like I was gone for hours. As a result of all this, my relationship with death is far more positive and to the extent that I now have no fear for death. Not sure if this is good or bad. I now have complete assurance and confidence that all those close to me who passed away are indeed in a MUCH, MUCH better place than this world. And I have no doubt that everyone else not close to me is in the same realm especially since I saw some prominent figures from various points in history going back 300 years.
    Or you took a drug that will be released upon your death and give you a feeling of peace for a brief moment, then your brain will shut down, unlike when you take it recreationally.

Once you meet it, death is all you know.

TGR is like 90% atheist, so posting that you've experienced the afterlife is the exact definition of "controversial".

Glad to see the same ionospheric posters blocking the signal here.

spook Guest
    90% atheist, huh. even if that were true i'd call it barely remotely interesting discussion about drugs.

And it's the chemical the elicits dreams.
    I was following you up until your last sentence. What?
    I still call it The Jake.

Wait, so Papa G died and Blurred returned from the dead? Cool...

Sent from my SGH-I747 using TGR Forums
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

OP

please send some up to MINNESOTA - we need mind expansion
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

DMT shows you what you NEED to see and experience, not what you want to see and experience.
    A few things in my life that I need:

I need to see money in my bank account this month so I don't experience what it feels like to be on the street when I don't pay my rent.
    I need to Mountain bike a few times a week.
    Definitely need to eat.
    Need to drink beer.

FWIW, I watched the netflix doc and still came away convinced that I don't need to try DMT. I am not knocking anyone who does. Drugs don't do it for me. Sorry I mean "molecules". Sounds like you had a good time though.
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?