Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaG View Post
    First, I'm not relgious at all but very spiritual. Before last night, I was indifferent to what happens and occurs when we die. Now, there's no question what I can expect.

Second, my first 6-7 trips were all sub level. I kept my eyes open the whole time. My buddy was able to blast off with open eyes... not me. The visuals are stunning. Lots of bright colors. Everything is so pure and perfect. For example, an eggshell wall will appear as smooth as ever. Wrinkles on people's faces non-existent. You are in control. You have movement and sensory capabilities, but I felt completely separated from my body.

We smoked in a bowl lined with cigarette ash as a filter. Most effective way is free base in a vape pen or water bong. You can eat DMt but need an MOIA inhibitor. After hitting the bowl for 30 seconds, you hold for another 30 then blast off. You know you're there when the only thing you feel is your lungs. You are floating around but still in control.

There were times when people flashed before my eyes, times when I could still see clearly even with my eyelids shut, and times when the entire room I was in morphed into a hundred different realms within seconds.

However, to truly experience a collision of worlds, you take 2 big rips right after each other then relax and close the eyes. Hardest thing of the trip is remembering to breathe. The world I saw was so magnificent. Again, not religious at all but my perspective and attitude about an afterlife is officially altered.

As production goes, you can make it yourself from mimosa bark in very simple steps.
    You're my hero, that sounds intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post

Psych drugs are a window into your brain and mind, not gateways to some other world.

The smug is heavy with this one.

How the fuck do we know of our mind IS or IS NOT another world? No proof either way.

When you physically die, these "mind altering" (inherent to our brain chemistry) substances DO transform our reality with no outside help.

We can certainly have the perception of another world.

I have had some email conversations with Rick Strassman, a professor who was featured prominently in the Netflix Spirit Molecule DMT movie.
    The questions I had were off topic from this particular thread, but still relevant to DMT.

here are some of my questions and his answers…:
    Subject; Machines and Shared Hallucinations
    My perspective seems to be; can anything that enters our bodies be considered a machine?

Rick's answer: I consider all of all biology as "mechanical" - the kidneys, heart, lungs, and so on. That's not to say that it runs on its own - there is a life force without which it's basically "dead" matter.

My question: Consuming DMT can be in effect, using a machine to obtain a different consciousness? Would a non-DMT consuming person experience the same without some other vehicle or damage to the brain? I wonder if their DMT levels and measurements have been taken in Mental hospital patients with documented episodes of visions?

Rick's Answer, To the extent that non-drug states resemble those brought on by DMT, it makes sense to assume a common underlying biology. There are some old data on endogenous DMT and mental illness, but it's not so strong. It's a ripe area for future research.

My question: Also, why is there no mention of "shared hallucinations" on DMT, , which has been mentioned by T. McKenna?

Ricks Answers: Studying two people on DMT at the same time would not be so hard and ought to done, too. That is, moment to moment shared hallucinations like Terence talked about and what the group ayahuasca seems to be like in some cases.
    thanks in advance,
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Forgot to mention that the high generally lasts for 15 minutes then you are completely back to normal. No come down. No dependancy. No crash. You could blast off and drive in your car 15 minutes later.

Forgot to mention that the high generally lasts for 15 minutes then you are completely back to normal. No come down. No dependancy. No crash. You could blast off and drive in your car 15 minutes later.
    I'm pretty sure I would do lots of things after tripping my nut sack off like that and the last one would be to drive a fucking car.....

I've eaten a god damn farmers market of shrooms in my time and enough sugar cubes to be an honorary horse and had some pretty "religious" experiences for someone who is more than sure that all organized religion is utter nonsense so I kinda get where you are coming from.

On a side note, does DMT release only right at the end of life or a while before? I ask because my grandfather the last day of he was alive was euphoric and totally lucid after years of a downward spiral of alzheimer's and esophageal cancer. Laughing, joking, total old self. Less than 6 hours later he was dead. That really stuck with me.

Been studying up on doing dmt. Maybe someday. Definitely open to it
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer28 View Post
    \
    On a side note, does DMT release only right at the end of life or a while before? I ask because my grandfather the last day of he was alive was euphoric and totally lucid after years of a downward spiral of alzheimer's and esophageal cancer. Laughing, joking, total old self. Less than 6 hours later he was dead. That really stuck with me.
    No one knows for sure exactly when and how much is released at any given time.

Every person is different as is every death happens in a different series of events.

I would love to try injected DMT which is what Dr. Strassman was doing in the late 80s. I want to avoid liver damage from ayahuasca. smoking it seems strange and I am not sure I would do it.
    Terje was right.

Needles don't seem strange?

Injecting would give you a 3-hour trip. And FWIW - my friend that hooked me in refuses to try shrooms and acid; doesn't smoke weed either.Rarely do you pay for DMT as it goes against everything DMT is about.

This is red or blue pill shit.

Ignorance is bliss, I already know too much.

Trip on, warriors.

Injecting would give you a 3-hour trip. And FWIW - my friend that hooked me in refuses to try shrooms and acid; doesn't smoke weed either.Rarely do you pay for DMT as it goes against everything DMT is about.
    PappaG - if you ask around, there are traveling shamans doing the ceremony up right in group settings here and there. I'm right with you on everything you've said. Prolly the trippiest thing about it is that you blast into other spaces so fucking fast you should go into it with the thought that everything is fine, just roll with it. Cause it's instant intensity. Been off the planet, in the planet and the red lizard was my spirit animal.

What if the DMT world is the real world and this evereryday world is just a drug you took in the DMT world and man like fuck my head is going to explode...

Can someone source this for me.

Must I travel to the mile high city???
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

First, I'm not religious at all but very spiritual. Before last night, I was indifferent to what happens and occurs when we die. Now, there's no question what I can expect.

Second, my first 6-7 trips were all sub level. I kept my eyes open the whole time. My buddy was able to blast off with open eyes... not me. The visuals are stunning. Lots of bright colors. Everything is so pure and perfect. For example, an eggshell wall will appear as smooth as ever. Wrinkles on people's faces non-existent. You are in control. You have movement and sensory capabilities, but I felt completely separated from my body.

There were times when people flashed before my eyes, times when I could still see clearly even with my eyelids shut, and times when the entire room I was in morphed into a hundred different realms within seconds.
    Thanks PappaG. One of my favorite subjects, the inner and outer limits of the mind and the intersection with realities if there is such a thing. And this thread elicited some responses from some posters here which I did not expect. Sounds like Blurred has smoked pot and realized it didn't immediately turn you into a liberal zombie

Growing up with a beatnik father and a hippie mother in the Mendo, CA, I have had a variety of exposure to psychedelic drugs, and pretty much did not have limits imposed upon me growing up. I took mushrooms at 14 and would host trips at my cabin with shrooms and other organic substances but stayed away from LSD until I found some really clean stuff in college (seems people usually puke before they fuck their brains up too bad on organics).

I found my mind could wander but I could always snap back to the standard reality with ease. I did not mind that as I was mostly trying to have some fun at the time. And I found that after a while I felt as if I was revisiting the same place, and the whole point was to go somewhere new. After undergrad, I didn't take anymore pure psychedelics, though I had a good friend with a hookup to absolutely clean MDMA which was fun in the Hollywood scene on special occasions. That drug is fun. Having breakfast with girls who can't find their clothes is alright in my book. But just fun.

Pretty much didn't have psychedelics again for the next 9 years until 2 years ago when I moved back to SoCal and my old friend and colleage invited me to an ayahuasca ceremony. I was at a place in my life where I was interested in opening new doors, had looked into the spirit molecule and he recommended it. They required me to fast on a diet, abstain from sex and other drugs before teh ceremony. Ok. Better be good. And I was asked to come with a prayer for what I was looking for.

I'll keep the prayer private, but the ceremony took place in my friends house at 8PM start as it was getting dark. We had yoga mats and cushions in his living room. It was guided by an american who seemed to know his shit and had learned about the shaman practices for the last 20 years. He had made the batch with ingredients shipped from SA. It was in (2) liter bottles. There were some rules. No leaving the room except for the bathroom, and no talking unless it was open talking time. As the house became dark, a candle was lit and we started the ceremony. 6 people including guy leading it. Everone except me was fairly experienced in this ceremony. We drank 8 ounce shots from a glass. And waited in darkness and silence for it to kick in.

I did a 15 min meditation, then got very relaxed on my cushion and nearly fell asleep. After what I guess was 30 min, I started to feel lighter on my cushion and outside sounds became more pronounced. At 40 minutes, THE DUDE STARTS CHANTING. His chanting is very pleasant at times, rough at others. Wide range of influences, some in what I can only guess is Tibetan, also songs from the Beatles (particularly good on the way down). Some we all chant together.

Over a period of 8 hrs from 10PM until 6AM I guess, we consume three more doses and go through periods of complete silence with colorful geometric lattices building stairways on which I ascend, into pure light, or webs of darkness with a sinister entity watching me, and periods in which the candle is lit and we talk and laugh and fall down laughing about sexual innuendos "boiing". One thing I found is that my 38 yr old mind kept trying to bring me back to reality. There was definitely a fight for my conscience between my ingrained mind who wanted to make sense of my sensory inputs and my other self who wanted to let go and go anywhere. If anything, my conscious will wanted to go anywhere and we were tired of the nanny bringing us back to the room.

In the deepest part of the pond, perhaps 3 hrs in, I ask for guidance from a spirit and I get nothing. In one of the quiet periods hrs later I feel a warmth come over me that I have only experienced a few times in my life, but I am familiar with. The message without words is that I don't need to pretend to be anyone else for any ego reasons. No more masks or pretension, just be and this entity will be with me. I GOT THE FEELING THIS WAS NOT NECESSARILY SOME OTHER ENTITY, BUT PERHAPS MYSELF IN SOME WEIRD ETERNAL WAY.

SO after that the trip wound down in typical fashion. As the light came in the windows, more visuals came to my open eyes. At 6am I puked black sludge up. and felt better. A few naps and songs and by 8 AM everyone was ready for breakfast.

I thanked my friends and headed home at 11AM because I had some things to do that day.

All in all a good experience though I am not sure I would repeat it right now. Not until I feel the need.

I think that experience with DMT sounds a lot different than your 30 min blast. I would like to try blasting off.
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Can someone source this for me.

Must I travel to the mile high city???
    YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

just kidding, I have no idea where to get the drugs but use them to gain perspective and use your words for truth and light my brother
    Last edited by Rip'nStick; 04-01-2014 at 01:47 AM.

BTW I have no preconception of what an eternal me would be. It actually makes no sense to me from what I have observed in my years on this planet.

The only relevant observations I have made is that the universe is fantastically beautiful and interconnected and that life on this planet is rad, even after a 95% extinction event just 65 Myrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMessenger View Post
    What if the DMT world is the real world and this evereryday world is just a drug you took in the DMT world and man like fuck my head is going to explode...
    The funny part is that is entirely possible, but not at all probable.

I think it's pretty clear that DMT and all other drugs are chemicals and that their effects are a chemical reaction between the drug and your brain and psyche, not a portal to some other dimension/reality/plane. A chemical reaction is all it is, utterly convincing first-hand experiences from my own experience and many others notwithstanding.

It is interesting, however, that DMT is dropped into your system from the pineal gland as you die, essentially as a buffer against the trauma of death (or so it would seem), because if you believe the Dawkins crowd everything is descended from the primal command of DNA, i.e. "Copy Me" and since this event is happening at death and reproduction is probably out of the question at the point (barring a "miraculous" recovery of some sort, and continued life), then this buffering can have no evolutionary justification. There's no reason for it to have appeared, because it can have no effect on future reproduction and thus makes no impact on the continued existence/progression/spread of the DNA that supposedly drives all.

So why does it happen? I dunno.

DMT is an experience quite unlike LSD, or at least the way most people choose to ingest LSD.

I would never want to do DMT at a show. It just wouldn't be as enjoyable. The only time that I ever did it was late at night during High Sierra Music Fest. It was back at our campsite, calm, and with a group of trusted friends.

I didn't find the "trip" to be at all like the million LSD and mushroom trips I have taken. As PappaG shared, the visuals were far more intense and the experience was much more psychologically eye and mind-opening. This is not to say that I haven't had intense experiences on other hallucinogenics, but DMT is in a league of its own.
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    PappaG - if you ask around, there are traveling shamans doing the ceremony up right in group settings here and there. I'm right with you on everything you've said. Prolly the trippiest thing about it is that you blast into other spaces so fucking fast you should go into it with the thought that everything is fine, just roll with it. Cause it's instant intensity. Been off the planet, in the planet and the red lizard was my spirit animal.
    This has been on going for some time, have friends who participate and "facilitate" people in ceremonies. I have never tried it.

Definitely brave for PG to post this in a forum such as this. (Applause)

And wow Blurred is still with it.

You really do not need DMT to see the afterlife but it certainly helps some people.
    watch out for snakes

The consistency among DMT trips is far too great to ignore and immediately write off as you could with any other mind-altering substance. There has to be a logical reason why the healthy majority of DMT experiences are all in the same ballpark where each trip is not as unique as other substances. Can the same be said for LSD, mushrooms, etc.?

Studies go to great lengths to suggest that a ride on the DMT train is on par with near-death experiences. Scientifically, there is no current backing the DMT is in fact released on the onslaught of death; at this moment, it's more of a theory depending on who you talk to. But how can someone ignore the connection?

Going further, I've heard a little about ibogaine in that makes DMT seem like kool-aid and ibogaine is like four loko but while showing you your dark areas of your life that offers more introspection. It's a chemical that has been proven to remove people from even the highest of opioid adictions. Curious if any Canadians on this board have experience with it since it's unregulated there.

Going further, I've heard a little about ibogaine in that makes DMT seem like kool-aid and ibogaine is like four loko but while showing you your dark areas of your life that offers more introspection. It's a chemical that has been proven to remove people from even the highest of opioid adictions. Curious if any Canadians on this board have experience with it since it's unregulated there.
    Don't know if you have HBO, but the show on there called "Vice" has a segment about ibogaine & some heroin addicts. Here is an excerpt. http://www.vice.com/vice-on-hbo-outt...gaine-ceremony

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that DMT and all other drugs are chemicals and that their effects are a chemical reaction between the drug and your brain and psyche, not a portal to some other dimension/reality/plane. A chemical reaction is all it is, utterly convincing first-hand experiences from my own experience and many others notwithstanding.

It is interesting, however, that DMT is dropped into your system from the pineal gland as you die, essentially as a buffer against the trauma of death (or so it would seem), because if you believe the Dawkins crowd everything is descended from the primal command of DNA, i.e. "Copy Me" and since this event is happening at death and reproduction is probably out of the question at the point (barring a "miraculous" recovery of some sort, and continued life), then this buffering can have no evolutionary justification. There's no reason for it to have appeared, because it can have no effect on future reproduction and thus makes no impact on the continued existence/progression/spread of the DNA that supposedly drives all.

Aha, but what if (over a million years) an appreciable number of people with this dmt-producing genetic variation lived to tell of a reassuring afterlife...if their tribes and families were then strengthened in some intangible way by these experiences and were slightly more successful...perhaps a deeply reassuring concept of the afterlife would add courage to warriors in battle or explorers looking for a more prosperous land....etc etc.

Or perhaps the physiological process of dreaming, a metabolic slowdown, is similar to the metabolic shutdown taking place prior to death...so the evolutionary advantage is to those who dream....which seems entirely possible for much the same reason as the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    DMT is an experience quite unlike LSD, or at least the way most people choose to ingest LSD.

I would never want to do DMT at a show. It just wouldn't be as enjoyable. The only time that I ever did it was late at night during High Sierra Music Fest. It was back at our campsite, calm, and with a group of trusted friends.

I didn't find the "trip" to be at all like the million LSD and mushroom trips I have taken. As PappaG shared, the visuals were far more intense and the experience was much more psychologically eye and mind-opening. This is not to say that I haven't had intense experiences on other hallucinogenics, but DMT is in a league of its own.
    Ditto. They say the molecule is responsible for communication between plants and plants, that it is somewhat ever present in nature.

+1 for the High Sierra Music Festival.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

Typical bullshit while trying to appear "cool"
    Terje was right.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Typical bullshit while trying to appear "cool"
    I think iceman's over trying to look cool. He just is. On the other hand, no one cares that you bored some poor dude with esoteric email questions.