FS/FT Moment Donner Party Pow Skis

SOLD

Current add edited 1/3/2021
    These have been sitting for a while, I rarely ski inbounds anymore so I would like to move these on to someone who can use them. Top sheets are in great condition. No remarkable issues. Basses have 2 light P-Tex repairs on one ski and nothing on the other. one long scratch I filled and a little bigger nic near the edge that was also repaired. Edge is good. Light edge rust, for some reason the brakes rusted a little would probably come right off. Healthy dose of storage wax on there. Not looking to get rich off these. Just want to move them out of the garage. $250 with Jesters $200 flat plus 1/2 shipping. If you are in Tahoe, Reno, Sac or the Bay area we can work something out. These skis are a blast when it's deep. If they sell flat the Jesters will be up. I also have a new skinny brake for them.
    Pics below were taken in 2021

\/ From Moment:
    Fat, big-boned, and obese; whatever you want to call it, the gluttonous Moment Donner Party Alpine Ski has some girth issues to match it's reverse sidecut and reverse camber shape. A variable density wood core uses the beefiest wood underfoot and leaner cuts of wood towards the tip and tail, resulting in a centered swing weight for delicious maneuverability. Despite this fat-boy's wide stature, it still slides, pivots, and smears with the reflexes of a cat, so launch it into deep stashes and watch this McConkey-inspired ride devour everything in its path.
    Burly sidewall construction helps drive power from binding to ski while also offering rock-solid durability
    Density-Tuned wood core uses ash stringers underfoot for binding retention and lightweight aspen towards the tip and tail for maneuverability
    Full reverse camber raises the nose and tail to create the most float possible for those record-breaking snow days
    Flat camber directly underfoot offers the best balance of control on groomers and flotation in the soft stuff
    DuraSurf Base takes hard hits like a champion, protecting your core from rocks and undetected shark fins just below the surface of the snow
    Moment skis are handmade in Reno, Nevada so you know that they're fresh

Last edited by bearcrawl; 01-06-2021 at 03:47 PM.

Still have these fatties around?

What length?

Right my bad, 196

How's it taste?
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Guys these skis are so much fun. I have the previous year's model(thought they only ever came in 186??) but they are really fun to ski on. Just like the guy above said, "These could actually be used now." Somebody spoil themselves!

These are my only ski in my quiver, they're more capable skis than you'd think

Moment Donner Party (Tahoe)

Quote Originally Posted by GrantN View Post

These are my only ski in my quiver, they're more capable skis than you'd think
    You mean only ski in your quiver for powder days right? Something about ice and reverse/reverse just doesn't add up to me...

Quote Originally Posted by 2clue View Post
    You mean only ski in your quiver for powder days right? Something about ice and reverse/reverse just doesn't add up to me...
    No, I only have these skis. I don't have a ton of extra$$$ for another pair. I don't get too many days in, so I just use these. I ski'd whistler last year during the horrible conditions, and they weren't too bad....definitely some leg burning in unfavourable conditions but really not too bad...Although I realize many skiers here are far more picky/sensitive as they have ski'd many more days&many more pairs of skis. If you're a decent skier(you must be, if you're on teton but not drowning in cash(or too picky), these will be manageable skis.

Reviving an OLLLLLLLLD thread. Skis are still sitting there. Mostly touring now a days.
    Will let them go with the clamps for $250
    Last edited by bearcrawl; 01-04-2021 at 05:46 PM.

Consider trade for Flylow gear in mens or womans medium.
    Last edited by bearcrawl; 01-04-2021 at 04:18 PM.

Interested, PM'd with some additional questions

Bump for a completely new add.
    Also consider trade or partial trade for some skins.

$100 flat, no clamps. Will drop off on Tahoe, Sac or North Bay. One mount, caked with storage wax...

Moment Donner Party (Tahoe)

Pm inbound

intrigued, pm to you.

I have a line on a pair of 186 locally to me (calgary) if one of you pass on the OP (which is a better deal).

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season