Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post
    Wasn't the purple or blue canondale m800 the beast of the east in like 94?
    I thought they were red. 18" bb height right, you felt like you where on a 29er except it wasn't...
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I like that orbea. I think my old cannondale (82 or 83?) had 18"chainstays and a 15" high bb. it did have riser bars though......suntour xc pro stem/bars/seatpost/pedals/derailleurs. after a couple broken r derailleurs I put on a xc sport r derailleur. had 3 pulleys for the added burl eh. brakes were suntour power cams stamped "Richard Cunningham design". Before intense owned him apparently suntour did

It looks like they're full sus bikes pull on the shock or something. Didn't Scott try that shit once?
    Gimmicky suspension and uninspiring/non-innovative geo on all their bikes. For serious.
    You can trust me, I changed a tire 1 time.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Finstah Guest
    It looks like they're full sus bikes pull on the shock or something. Didn't Scott try that shit once?
    Gimmicky suspension and uninspiring/non-innovative geo on all their bikes. For serious.
    No way. You mean, it's like a "pull" type shock? I mean didn't like K2 try that shit in like `98? Even though one of the fastest guys in the world has been winning on the design for like 2 or 3 years I've just never bothered to look at it because after all, Cannondale sucks!

And don't even get me started on that fork. I mean, they probably just want a way to charge people extra money for the other half of the thing. What a scam!

Quote Originally Posted by rludes025 View Post
    I thought they were red. 18" bb height right, you felt like you where on a 29er except it wasn't...
    It was a 14.25" BB, and came in a few colors. Mine was metallic fade grey. 92'.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Finstah View Post
    ...And don't even get me started on that fork. I mean, they probably just want a way to charge people extra money for the other half of the thing. What a scam!
    Exactly!
    No longer stuck.

I'm actually looking for a test ride on the newest lefty.

They don't suck.

Neither does last year's jekyl or claymore.
    Last edited by kidwoo; 04-01-2014 at 08:40 AM.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Can someone just explain that suspension to me then instead of being a dick about it?
    No longer stuck.

IIRC, the guy responsible for the pull shock design (Peter Denk) was the guy who designed them for Scott. He's worked for Cannondale for a while now.

And Lefty's are rad. Stiff as fuck, way lighter than anything else out there, and no stiction at all. My beef with them is they always would dive due to a lack of mid stroke damping (at least the ones I rode), but I never spent enough time on one to get it completely dialed so it may have just been me.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

the old lawill designed yetis and swinn straight 6's had pull shocks pretty early. that straight six would be a vry nice lol "enduro" bike by todays standards except for the slack seatube

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn
    Can someone just explain that suspension to me then instead of being a dick about it?
    I don't know man, seems like you got it all figured out.

Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp