Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CO Longboard Day - New Time, New Place - Bigger and Badder

Hola reckless children.

New Time: April 12th
    New Place: A-Motherfucking-BASIN
    Charity: Same (CAIC)

So I'm not gonna be sorry about it; Loveland blows. And it really blows for longboarding.
    AB on the other hand kind of fucking rocks and most of it is probably as fun on big dogs as on modern skis.

All the rest applies as usual -
    Men = 210cm or more
    Women = Any traditional (straight) ski
    Snowboarders = Any skis or >199.99999cm board
    Dress to impress

There will be hamms, there will be Carlo Rossi Blush. We will ski the finger and the fifth. There will be hiking and bump skiing all manner of radness. I'll be there punishingly early to secure a beach spot.

I of course have some select loaners available, post here if you'd like to borrow or PM but know that I am not on the intertubes much but will check in several times.

GUILT TRIP: This is still a benefit for CAIC so if you come out to play I ask that you make an online donation and you sure as shit better make a donation if you want a loner whip.

"It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

I might be in of someone has a free or cheap A-Basin ticket for me? Not the best weekend for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I might be in of someone has a free or cheap A-Basin ticket for me? Not the best weekend for me though.
    My 223 Hart DH boards (with the full Derbyflex plates) are dying to come out for this one. Too bad we're stuck in MN. Damn, damn, damn!

Lemon boy, do you loaner balls too?
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

There are all kinds of discount A-basin tickets on Denver Craiglist. I'm good for one if someone in the city could co-ordinate.

holy shit, lemon boy's alive!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    holy shit, lemon boy's alive!
    and ready to kick some whippersnapper asses on longboards.

FnS - No need, anything that long and straight is like a low T patch.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

I've been in lemonboy's garage and seen his collection of longboards. It is absurd. Go git some, you whippersnappers!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TGR Forums
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

fkna lemonboy!

outta the woodwork again

haz teh funz!

A-basin Long Board Day FTW!
    Would love to be able to make it for that.

Bump it up!

It'll probably be Lemon and I drinking Hams on the lift and skiing by ourselves. The weather will suck and I'll pay too much for my lift ticket. Oh well.

https://denver.craigslist.org/tix/4409017943.html

4 pack for $40 on CL in Denver. The ad is a little vague it might be $40/ticket. Even so, pretty decent deal.

Not sure if I'll be able to make it and would need a loaner steed. I've never ridden a longboard before, but would love to try. 285 bsl so that might be an issue.

^^^my problem is that I don't live in the city. I just emailed that guy to see where he lives.

I'm in for the $20 winner take all Chinese Downhill. Last time I donated the winnings to CAIC, just saying.

I'm in Denver so if he's in or around the city and I can make it to LBD (will know tomorrow) I can pick up the tickets.

Hopefully lemonboy's got some boards with clamps that will fit my baby feet he's willing to loan me. Will send PM when I know for sure I can make it.

Definitely down for some Chinese downhill action.

Time to represent...
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

YES!. I will be there coordinating family time with LBD, drinking beer on the lift with my kids.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Same day as a buddys bday in Vail. Hope this happens next year, sounds fun.

Ahhh yeah, we are now on the glide path to raddom. I know a lot of you don't know who I am and are afraid of this event, that's fine and you should be. But you should still come out. Things are about to get long. Reel long.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Just seeing lemonboy here brings tears of joy to my heart

FZ?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

WW - 285 is no problem at all. Looks like 213 kastles for you, FG gets some 215 Olins which puts me on the sweet sweet G9s and krunkle on the 210 satanics and...... we'll see.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    FZ?
    negative ghostrider, he said something about a ditch taking all his time

Fam doin good?
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

We is good
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I got my tix and will be bringing the 217 K2s

Quote Originally Posted by lemon boy View Post
    WW - 285 is no problem at all. Looks like 213 kastles for you, FG gets some 215 Olins which puts me on the sweet sweet G9s and krunkle on the 210 satanics and...... we'll see.
    Awesome, thanks man. You've got quite the stable of longboards. I will be there ready to drink beer, get long and go fast.

I rolled the shit out of my ankle at the skatepark today. No way in hell it's going into a ski boot In the near future, too swollen. Don't think I'll be making it tomorrow unfortunately. Thanks for the ski offer lemonboy.