Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    My issue is grocery stores are the worst. Too many options/sizes/prices to analyze.
    Avoid the isles... everything you need is on the outside rows and is mostly unprocessed. Meat/veg/dairy/booze. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    My issue is grocery stores are the worst. Too many options/sizes/prices to analyze.
    Co ops are cool but I can't shop them exclusively.
    If only I had metta world peace's chef. That fool eats clean!
    What's the key to healthy Splat? How many hours per week does it take?
    I need to spend Sundays cooking?
    Fortunately diet isn't something you have to get 100% perfect or you die! If you can be 80% clean that's way more healthy than 0% clean. My general guide:
    http://www.gnolls.org/1141/eat-like-...ational-guide/

Yes, you'll need to learn to cook more. Here's what you'll need in the kitchen:
    http://www.gnolls.org/1517/the-paleo...paleo-kitchen/

But since it's easy to skip meals, you won't have to cook as much. I rarely eat breakfast unless I'm trying to gain weight or I feel like it. And don't stress about trying to buy everything organic: it's much better to eat clean non-organic than to blow your budget on a few expensive organic veggies and be stuck eating bread and cheap fast food. If you've got the budget and can get them, farm eggs (not BS "organic" or "free range", eggs that come from a local farm) should be your first splurge.

My quick go-to recipe:
    http://www.gnolls.org/1525/the-paleo...world-cooking/
    Actually it's a set of recipes for skillet cooking. Make sure you have the ingredients to make it at all times: meat, eggs, potatoes, veggies of choice (can be frozen), butter and coconut oil, spices.

Cook roasts, not individual steaks. You can carve slices off a roast for several days. Add a salad and some home fries or rice and you're good to go with very little prep time. This is a prime rib recipe, but you can cook pretty much any big roast with the same technique:
    http://www.gnolls.org/2865/foolproof...-the-internet/

Basically a meal means meat and/or eggs, veggies, starch, in that order. If you've got meat ready to heat and eat, the rest isn't too hard.

Underrated strategy: get yourself a woman who can cook Like they say, good looks fade with the years, but her cooking skills will only improve. Sure, I still end up in the kitchen sometimes...but that delicious Moroccan chicken takes quite a while, and I'd never get around to doing it myself!

Got the itch to eat out? You can do OK at the following (except for the shitty cooking oil most places use
    * Mongolian BBQ
    * Korean BBQ
    * Sushi (white rice is a minor cheat and usually OK so long as you don't go crazy with it)
    * In-n-Out: protein style (lettuce wrap) Other burger joints may also do lettuce wraps, but you'll have to ask
    * I've heard there are off-menu bowl options at Chipotle but haven't tried it
    * Diner breakfasts: sausage and/or bacon, eggs, taters, and usually they'll let you take more taters instead of toast

Hope this helps! Again, don't stress about "perfect"...just concentrate on "better".

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    * Diner breakfasts: sausage and/or bacon, eggs, taters, and usually they'll let you take more taters instead of toast
    brilliant! whydidntithinkathat? diner toast being dry shit anyway.

Spats. What is your response to this article claiming 'our species was not designed to subsist on one optimal diet'

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...rcDj7mBE_8usKg
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Fortunately diet isn't something you have to get 100% perfect or you die! If you can be 80% clean that's way more healthy than 0% clean. My general guide:
    Love it.

This is the new thing? My food is "clean", yours isn't. WTF.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Quote Originally Posted by char View Post
    Love it.

This is the new thing? My food is "clean", yours isn't. WTF.
    Clean is a general description of the quality of the food you eat. Typically a diet of unprocessed food is considered clean, vegetables, meat, fruit etc is clean and a diet of ice cream, potato chips, soda and other junk is not clean. Junk food diet on one end, clean diet on the other. Both may give one 2,000 calories, but that doesn't mean that they both have the same effects on the body. I believe the term first came into use by body builders, when you may have a guy eating 8000 calories a day but a typical meal would be 1 head of steamed broccoli, 1 head of steamed cauliflower, 1 whole chicken, and 2 cups plain rice and they would eat 6 of those a day.
    Last edited by neufox47; 05-12-2014 at 10:07 AM.

'Clean' just sounds so anal retentive. Figures.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Eating all those vegetables does not make your anus retentive.

Anal compulsion seems more appropriate.

Bunch of asshole experts.

http://www.gnolls.org/1141/eat-like-...ational-guide/

Yes, you'll need to learn to cook more. Here's what you'll need in the kitchen:
    http://www.gnolls.org/1517/the-paleo...paleo-kitchen/

But since it's easy to skip meals, you won't have to cook as much. I rarely eat breakfast unless I'm trying to gain weight or I feel like it. And don't stress about trying to buy everything organic: it's much better to eat clean non-organic than to blow your budget on a few expensive organic veggies and be stuck eating bread and cheap fast food. If you've got the budget and can get them, farm eggs (not BS "organic" or "free range", eggs that come from a local farm) should be your first splurge.

My quick go-to recipe:
    http://www.gnolls.org/1525/the-paleo...world-cooking/
    Actually it's a set of recipes for skillet cooking. Make sure you have the ingredients to make it at all times: meat, eggs, potatoes, veggies of choice (can be frozen), butter and coconut oil, spices.

Cook roasts, not individual steaks. You can carve slices off a roast for several days. Add a salad and some home fries or rice and you're good to go with very little prep time. This is a prime rib recipe, but you can cook pretty much any big roast with the same technique:
    http://www.gnolls.org/2865/foolproof...-the-internet/

Basically a meal means meat and/or eggs, veggies, starch, in that order. If you've got meat ready to heat and eat, the rest isn't too hard.

Underrated strategy: get yourself a woman who can cook Like they say, good looks fade with the years, but her cooking skills will only improve. Sure, I still end up in the kitchen sometimes...but that delicious Moroccan chicken takes quite a while, and I'd never get around to doing it myself!

Got the itch to eat out? You can do OK at the following (except for the shitty cooking oil most places use
    * Mongolian BBQ
    * Korean BBQ
    * Sushi (white rice is a minor cheat and usually OK so long as you don't go crazy with it)
    * In-n-Out: protein style (lettuce wrap) Other burger joints may also do lettuce wraps, but you'll have to ask
    * I've heard there are off-menu bowl options at Chipotle but haven't tried it

Hope this helps! Again, don't stress about "perfect"...just concentrate on "better".

excellent

ya i do farm fresh eggs...

i endorse your stratagem
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

This "clean' thing is taking off. Wife brought an issue of Clean Eating Magazine home the other day. She's turning into a nutjob about food, but so are a ton of other people.

Bunuel was way ahead of his time: