How much to ship a bike frame? Who's cheapest?

I'm sure this has been covered many times before, but this stuff is always changing. Has anyone shipped a bike frame within the US recently -let's say across the country -and how much did it cost?

Right now, I'm really curious about the frame only, but I would be curious to know if a complete bike is much more expensive as well.

I think I spent $110 to ship my frame to a guy in AZ from MA through UPS with insurance and signature.

Just get the dimensions of the box you're using and go on UPS/FedEx/DHL/Wherever's website and you can plug it in and get a fairly accurate cost.

That seems steep for a frame? Usually, I can ship a frame for $50-$60 (in a frame box) and a complete for $100, $130 if it's going to the east coast. Check Fedex though, they seems to usually have the best rates.

I might be way off then. I sold a complete bike and a frame in the past few months, so I can't remember what was what price.

Cost me like $80 from CA to CO using fedex.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Greyhound?
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

cost depends on distance. IIRC, coast to coast could be $50-80? I shipped from new england to the southeast for around $40, I believe. But when I was checking to the west coast it was a lot more.

UPS had the best rates, USPS the worst...

Bump... how about shipping a frame from the U.S. to Canada? USPS seems to be what I'm finding online as the way to go. Duties, taxes?