Vibes for Boston's Bravest

Soooooo, longtime lurker, but the after the Houston Vid, and me being a FF in Albuquerque.... ( I know, I know, flame away)

Looks like 2 confirmed FF fatalities in massive 9 alarm fire in Boston today.... Multiple Maydays, partial floor collapse, bad shit... I've been live streaming the local news feed all afternoon, absolutely brutal.. Maybe some of the Boston brethren have more info... Vibes to the fallen and their families, I partied with some Boston guys at the memorial in the Springs last year, solid fucking guys.... Peace.

Hadn't heard. That sucks, RIP.

edit: Being investigated as a crime scene which I guess means suspected arson.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...UrI/story.html

Wind-driven fires are nasty fuckers.

Ya Natty, local news said gusts of 45+...... From what I've read, they had initial reports of people trapped inside.... Vibes.

Very windy today especially over there coming off the Charles. looks like the fire spread ridiculously quickly. 2 ff, one had 3 kids under age 10. Smoke filled back bay and into south end and we could see a lot of smoke from the financial district. Real lucky it didn't take out a whole block. Still putting it out now. Fire engines and ambulances racing around all afternoon. Hadn't heard anything like it for...well...a year. Ff were based at the boylston and Hereford st ladder, 300 feet from the marathon site. Probably first responders that day too.
    Decisions Decisions

Fuck man. Prayers and good vibes to Boston.

My in-laws were/are SFFD guys. Wife's grandfather was a battalion chief. Father-in-law was chief at Station 1. Brother-in-law is a newly-minted lieutenant. Old school Irish-Catholic. Definitely brings it closer to home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.