Shyp - It's like Uber for your shit

Currently only operating in San Fran, but this could be awesome if it expands!

http://www.shyp.com/

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

I was expecting more toilet.

I was expecting to be able to rent a boat for cheap.

Sent from my VS980 4G using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I was expecting to be able to rent a boat for cheap.

Sent from my VS980 4G using TGR Forums
    What's cheap? Because there are plenty of places you can become a member and use their boats. I can point you in some directions if you are interested.

I think he was making a pun on "shyp" but what do I know.

I think you know puns

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think he was making a pun on "shyp" but what do I know.
    I got that, but since he is close by, I figured I would explain if it was something he was interested in.

This is going to be a massive fail.

FedEx and UPS already have this shit on lock. There's no way this will be quicker or more affordable than either, which is all people really care about with shipping when it comes down to brass tacks.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    This is going to be a massive fail.

FedEx and UPS already have this shit on lock. There's no way this will be quicker or more affordable than either, which is all people really care about with shipping when it comes down to brass tacks.
    They never claimed cheaper. And they don't have their own delivery service, they use what you want based on cost/time.

The plus of this is time saved, not money. If I'm slammed for work and I have to make it to FedEx I will need to take at least 30 minutes out of my day to package, walk to the drop off, wait in line, ship and then walk back to work. The site says each pickup is $5. And that's to come grab unpackaged items, pack them, ship them and track them. All it is for is convenience and time saving. If I'm on a deadline, $5 extra means jack-fuckall.

And what about people that do a ton of business on eBay. The biggest hassle if sending a bunch of stuff at a time is the packaging, the organizing, tracking, etc. I'm sure people like that with small home businesses would love the convenience for the small price tag.

Glad you took the time to read.

You realize outside of putting something in a box, FedEx, UPS, and the USPS (well everywhere but Jackson Wy apparently) will already do that for you.

We are talking about a time savings of approximately 30 seconds, at best.

This is a company that will put something in a box for you. Innovation!

I am that small business owner, small business owners do care immensely about 5 bucks a pop. FedEx.com does everything but wrap and place in a box. Pickups are free.

Apparently this whole company is based on folks like you who still think you have to go to a physical location and box something up. It hasn't been that way for at least ten years now.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    I got that, but since he is close by, I figured I would explain if it was something he was interested in.
    Well I'm sure he appreciates the somewhat random boat-rental advice then.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    You realize outside of putting something in a box, FedEx, UPS, and the USPS (well everywhere but Jackson Wy apparently) will already do that for you.

We are talking about a time savings of approximately 30 seconds, at best.

This is a company that will put something in a box for you. Innovation!

I am that small business owner, small business owners do care immensely about 5 bucks a pop. FedEx.com does everything but wrap and place in a box. Pickups are free.

Apparently this whole company is based on folks like you who still think you have to go to a physical location and box something up. It hasn't been that way for at least ten years now.
    Don't you get it? There's an app for this. An App. That's like totally better than the Apps for the other services. That's why it's totally better than all of those existing services that do this more reliably for less money.

I can't wait for this dot.turd boom to be over.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    They never claimed cheaper. And they don't have their own delivery service, they use what you want based on cost/time.

The plus of this is time saved, not money. If I'm slammed for work and I have to make it to FedEx I will need to take at least 30 minutes out of my day to package, walk to the drop off, wait in line, ship and then walk back to work. The site says each pickup is $5. And that's to come grab unpackaged items, pack them, ship them and track them. All it is for is convenience and time saving. If I'm on a deadline, $5 extra means jack-fuckall.

And what about people that do a ton of business on eBay. The biggest hassle if sending a bunch of stuff at a time is the packaging, the organizing, tracking, etc. I'm sure people like that with small home businesses would love the convenience for the small price tag.

Glad you took the time to read.
    You clearly have the internet so I'll refrain from explaining to you that all those companies have a presence on the web. You can even preprint the shipping label and just drop it off or even arrange a pickup. If you're too retarded to find cardboard for free and tape we've yet another problem.

People who have home businesses should have shipping figured out unless they've no chance at success. I was a box monkey for years and it's not rocket surgery to get something shipped.
    Last edited by concretejungle; 03-26-2014 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Fuck it just let Hugh handle it

If you have big shit that needs to be moved uShip is actually good most of the time from what I've heard. <-PSA

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    "Rest in peace... one of the best yet..."

Now that's in my head.
    I still call it The Jake.