Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The hookah recommendation was the coolest thing I've ever read from you. Too bad you said it would be dumb to do the frame in question. And my buddy didn't smoke. Had it been my frame...

Jesus, Creaky, just listen to everyone and shut the fuck up for once. Posters like you are the reason I rarely bother with TGR anymore.

As far as the bike goes, blender sounds like a great idea if you could make it work without having it look cobbled together. Another option is rebuilding the bike as-new - get the frame refinished and put new stickers on it, get the hub bodies anodized and re-lace them to new hoops, etc.

As long as you're talking frame modifications, how hard would it be to make a fat bike out of it? Everyone could have some fun with that. Or make a helicopter.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    The hookah recommendation was the coolest thing I've ever read from you. Too bad you said it would be dumb to do the frame in question. And my buddy didn't smoke. Had it been my frame...
    I said cutting and messing with a Ti frame was dumb, I didn't say creative conversion (temporary) to a hookah was dumb. Read more, read often, read accurately!

Quote Originally Posted by chmnyboy View Post
    Jesus, Creaky, just listen to everyone and shut the fuck up for once. Posters like you are the reason I rarely bother with TGR anymore.
    He asked for input. You can skip over my comments if you don't like them. Pussies and spineless fucks like you are why TGR rankles me, but I still read here.

I would assume Idaho doesn't give a fuck about this sort of thing, but the only time I've used a mobile bike operated blender, we got shut down by the cops fairly quickly.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I would assume Idaho doesn't give a fuck about this sort of thing, but the only time I've used a mobile bike operated blender, we got shut down by the cops fairly quickly.
    It's because you are a cunt.

Bike frames don't repurpose well, imo/ime. human powered generator for a cabin?

I wouldn't cut the frame, that seems counter-intuitive to honor your friend.

Maybe make something like this:

The suggestion to go to Burningman is a good one. What better place to use a new human powered party palace. You could have a mobile party, an ongoing mobile wake. Paper the walls with pics of him and leave a memento at the Temple.

Sorry, I know this is more of a suggestion on how to honor his passing than what to do with the frame. It's all I got.

To be clear, this project isn't about honoring. It's about remembering.

If not something non-destructive like the belt drive blender, I'm sticking with a yearly cycle of switching people's parts over on their bikes

If he was as much of a smartass as you apparently are to do something like that, I think that's good rememberin'

In fact that story makes me want to put that in my will.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    If not something non-destructive like the belt drive blender, I'm sticking with a yearly cycle of switching people's parts over on their bikes

If he was as much of a smartass as you apparently are to do something like that, I think that's good rememberin'

In fact that story makes me want to put that in my will.
    You want to write into your will that some other dude gets stuck with your shitty taste in bikes?

ownedabrodie says what?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

ownedabrodie says what?
    Just a hardtail, none of the wacky fs rigs they put out.

Not all Brodie bikes are or were a disaster. This one ain't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Just a hardtail, none of the wacky fs rigs they put out.
    Damn!

I was gambling on that one

Damn!

I was gambling on that one
    You Merican's have the Constitution, we Canadian's have the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. It's written in the Charter of Rights that every Canadian needs to own either a Brodie, Rocky, Norco, of Devinci to be compliant. We currently have a Brodie, Norco, and Devinci in the garage.