Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Don't be mad that you didn't laydown the proper law at the time.
    oh we did do that but selective hearing seems to have an epidemic when it came to our backyard
    better way of putting it was not enforcing the law
    big mistake
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Queue the Phoebe Cates pool scene from Fast Times.

"Hi Dhelihiker, You know how cute I always though you were..."

Link NSFW, obviously: http://www.metacafe.com/embed/115124/

Didn't embed to keep the thread SFW.

Quote Originally Posted by flyandski365 View Post

Saltwater systems can be nice but if it's older it would probably need some upgrades to run salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    We opted for a large heater (it's a big pool) so we can use it during the winter months - it's well worth it.

Get a pool guy
    Just go chlorine.

Solar covers get a reel system that rolls them up nice to store while you are in it.

I would get a legit heater installed if I wanted it heated.

Robot cleaners

^agreed. For an inground with kids/animals I would absolutely spring for a Loop-Loc cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Have you checked for leaks?

Be sure and verify every piece of liability insurance and your liability infrastructure (fence, gates, etc).

A solar cover will work well. No heater needed. You might need a chiller in the summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Get rid of the old pump- the new magnetic ones will save you a ton-

Look at Pentair- I got one of those for $1400 installed. I used to have to add chemicals all the time to fight algae blooms.

The pool had a salt converter on it when I got it. Loving that too. It tells you when to dump salt in the pool. The water is not salty- the technology converts the salt to chlorine.

If you are having to update everything anyway, I would just do the pump and the salt system at the same time. Get a good local pool guy to install it. Then, see if the maintenance is too much. We have cages over our pools here, to keep stuff and animals, and kids out of the pool. If I had a lot of trees and no cage, I would probably pay to have someone clean it. It is miserable work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Here is something you should be very aware of;
    family and friends that normally don't call you or invite you over their place will start calling when they find out you have a pool

what made it worse was they expected to be fed
    Good times ahead!
    Silent....but shredly.

baby ruth!

Quote Originally Posted by Moeghoul View Post
    Good times ahead!

well put, however its hard to get bitches to get naked and jump in the pool without a pool. I hope to make this thread NSFW before summers end.

Que the TGR synchronized swim team.

watch out for snakes

I'M A DUMB CUNT THAT IS SOOO FUCKIN' RICH I BOUGHT A HOUSE WITH A POOL, BUT CAN'T AFFORD TO HIRE A POOL GUY TO MAINTAIN IT. HELP!!!!!!! (FUCKING MORON)
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

If you have kids, it'll be one of the best investments you make. They'll love it, swim most days in the summer, and get away from the tv. Coffee and Baileys in the morning watching them and beers in the evening. Cheers.

If you don't, then enjoy the next year or two..before you get tired of it.

Say no every so often when people ask to come over.

Don't forget the Schmitts...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5dd_1347107772
    Last edited by TomCrac; 03-24-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JONG SLAUGHTER View Post
    I'M A DUMB CUNT THAT IS SOOO FUCKIN' RICH I BOUGHT A HOUSE WITH A POOL, BUT CAN'T AFFORD TO HIRE A POOL GUY TO MAINTAIN IT. HELP!!!!!!! (FUCKING MORON)
    Waaaaah I'm a 30yo who works for $15/hr, wear Carhartts, drink whatever is on sale, and I think everyone else who doesn't is a moron! Waaaah!

Believe it or not pools actually do NOT increase the value of a house anymore.

A pool might still be cheaper than owning a boat ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

buy a boat and the next thing you'll need is a waterfront property
    b

SO I am trying to figure out how a pool fits into that 3 F rule, if it flys, floats or fucks it will be cheaper for you to rent?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Waaaaah I'm a 30yo who works for $15/hr, wear Carhartts, drink whatever is on sale, and I think everyone else who doesn't is a moron! Waaaah!

Believe it or not pools actually do NOT increase the value of a house anymore.
    THAT EXPLAINS WHY YOUR TRAILER HOUSE HAS AN OLYMPIC SIZED POOL. TOOL.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

Don't run the heat and get a poolboy you spacefag
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

^^ I lul'd...

^^^
    For some reason I did too. Advice put bluntly sometimes around here can be worth a chuckle.
    I still call it The Jake.

RTFM?

Then go swimming.

spook Guest
    pools are a pain the ass unless you're paying somebody to keep it up or are disciplined.

I don't get all the "pool's are a PIA" comments. I spend very little time maintaining my pool. I'm a grown man, so ya, I do it myself. It was great when the kids were little. Now I just like to sit on my patio with a beer, watch a Giants game and enjoy the ambiance that being next to water creates. I hardly ever swim in it. I do enjoy the occasional stoned and drunk midnight skinny dip though. Is that TMI?

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Unfortunately, the lawyer in me says the same. And even if you're good legally, consider a fence if there isn't one. Because the fact that you're covered legally may not make you feel better if there's an accident.

yeah, and leaks that cause landslides! those are always fun pool escapades!

invite spook over to play Uboat

another unrelated Caddy shack ref jus becaus

watch out for snakes

Man, now pools?

Is there anything you fuckers don't hate?

It is water for christ sakes. What do you hate about water?

edit- oh, and boats are way more maintenance and $$.
    Plus:
    you don't need a dually diesel to pull a big pool.
    A small pool still fits your whole family.
    A small pool is still useable on a windy day.
    Every time you use your pool, you don't have to pay to fill it back up.
    Buying a pool doesn't make you wish you lived on the water so you could use you pool more often.
    You don't have to pay someone to store your pool.
    You don't need a 3rd garage to park your pool.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I don't get all the "pool's are a PIA" comments. I spend very little time maintaining my pool. I'm a grown man, so ya, I do it myself.
    It totally depends on your local water and land. During heavy summer time, you will probably need to add water to make up for evaporation. If your water sucks, it may screw up your balance. Trees, pollen, wind, dirt, etc. can also have a negative effect. I know people who barely need to touch their chemicals and others that have to battle to keep it clean all summer long. So yes, if you get in the groove after a season and have good luck, maintaining can be cake. But it can be a major PITA.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

spook Guest
    i love pools. i just haven't known a single person who took care of his without help. if you live around a lot of trees, it's more work. plus, they make me nervous with kids. not saying i wouldn't do it, but i wouldn't go out of my way to get one. la fitness serves my purposes and there's a fun pool for the kid not far away.