Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ozark Trail

I totally see the logic in not picking up a bottom-of-the-barrel Ozark Trail tent. It'd be nice to have a tent that lasts more than a season.

Coleman is still my favorite brand, but leaving aside preferences, there are other companies that are worth it with all-season tents, Big Agnes and Kodiak to name a few. You can compare a few options here https://popular.reviews/best-4-season-tent/

I camped with the fam last night in a Big Agnes Big House 6. The temp went down to 40 deg and holy crap was it an icebox in there. On the flip side, I'm sure it'd be awesome on a 65 degree night in the desert. Otherwise the tent worked great. The fly however wouldn't do much to stop rain from coming in the front door.

Just ordered this blackout tent

Not a fan of a partial rain fly though.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Ive used my 8 person Coleman tent the last 12 years and still works great.

Now with a family Im tired of the 4:30am wake up from the PNW summer sunrise so will give this a try.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Tent just arrived. Thing is nice. 12ft by 10ft and pretty dam dark inside which will be nice. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1230.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	221.4 KB 
ID:	332462

Pretty easy set up too.

Those blackout tents are nice. Slept in one that had an "aluminized" outer fabric on a volcano in Indonesia. Kept it like 10-15 cooler inside and damn near didn't wake up until 11am. Dark as shit and noticeably cooler than a regular tent.

I wanted one bad after that, but would almost be too dangerous on those drunk car camping trips. Would probably end up sleeping all day, ha.

Yea. In the PNW the fucking sun rises at like 4:30-5 and car camping with my 5 yr old she is up with the sun, hopefully this buys us another hour of sleep maybe. Id normally wear an eye mask with my other tent.

Now if i could find a way to shut the Blue Jays up. Usually they are pillaging some idiot car camping neighbor site that left trash out.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Those blackout tents are nice. Slept in one that had an "aluminized" outer fabric on a volcano in Indonesia. Kept it like 10-15 cooler inside and damn near didn't wake up until 11am. Dark as shit and noticeably cooler than a regular tent.

I wanted one bad after that, but would almost be too dangerous on those drunk car camping trips. Would probably end up sleeping all day, ha.
    Struggling to see a problem with sleeping off a bender.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Yea. In the PNW the fucking sun rises at like 4:30-5 and car camping with my 5 yr old she is up with the sun, hopefully this buys us another hour of sleep maybe. I’d normally wear an eye mask with my other tent.

Now if i could find a way to shut the Blue Jays up. Usually they are pillaging some idiot car camping neighbor site that left trash out.

My recent trip to ski Beartooth we brought the old Marmot 8 for just the two of us because my daughter likes to have her own room. Everyday like clockwork I was wide awake at 4:45 am. Go outside take a pee and walk around for a few minutes. Back inside and sleep till 730.

Blackout tents look cool if I didn't already have a pile of tents in the basement. Three car camping tents (REI4, marmot8, Eureka3), 3 backpacking tents (Rei4, Walrus2, North Face 2), one 4 seasons North Face I inherited from my sister.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200608-IMG_2577.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	2.88 MB 
ID:	332468