Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    this year i went with the very easy to set up option like splat. packable, not very, but i’m happy

https://gazelletents.com

turns out I'm now in the market for a huge car camping tent.. the three room type I suppose. Those gazelles look nice, but are also all sold out. Hoping to keep it under $400 if possible without buying shit that will fall apart or let water in after a couple nights. Lots of good recommendations earlier in this thread, but most posts are 5+ years old.

Where should I be looking??

Easy to set up tent: get one where the inner and rain fly are connected, do they set up together. This is also have in the rain, as the inner tent never gets wet

I use a tarptent, light and very roomy

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    this year i went with the very easy to set up option like splat. packable, not very, but i’m happy

https://gazelletents.com
    that looks pretty functional. You been in a rainstorm in it yet? That fly looks a little skimpy over the windows, but hard to tell how far it extends horizontally over the windows on the video. Of course, like everything else in any way related to the outdoors, it's sold out now, but maybe for later.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    that looks pretty functional. You been in a rainstorm in it yet? That fly looks a little skimpy over the windows, but hard to tell how far it extends horizontally over the windows on the video. Of course, like everything else in any way related to the outdoors, it's sold out now, but maybe for later.
    i missed this. first 4 nights were rain filled in the Ho Rain forest, pretty damp spot and it did well. no issues based on design so far. ihad been in a thicker canvas from ARB most nights over the past year and was concerned about stepping down in quality but i have no complaints, worth it if i have the room to haul

Anyone try a vertical or wedge roof tent diy modified to access from skylight or hole cut in topper? Figure one would need to attach flush.

I’ll give another vote for REI kingdom. We’ve got the 6 for family of 3 +2 dogs and it’s perfect.
    Haven’t experienced wind issues others have mentioned but we’re aware it’s a downside.
    Kingdom 4 would probably suit you well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAB9A1D9-2D69-4EEF-85FF-320D28A692D4.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1,005.7 KB 
ID:	433377

Kelty sideroader, not used yet but set up is easy enough and it is usable in couple ways. Picked up two spare folding poles to make it free standing so vemhicle can be mobile. One shock cord was cut but Kelty hooked me up with a spare length of cord to replace if it happens again.
    watch out for snakes

An alternative would be sleeping in the car - for a car mattress, I recommend Luno, they make them custom to your car and are the size of a queen bed

I agree the older I get, truck bed camping beats the earth!

Truck Bed Tents

I would highly recommend Truck Bed Tents if it's a truck, just build it directly in the back. Very convenient.

The Big Agnes Copper Spur UL4 is a great tent for car camping and some moderate backpacking. Plenty spacious for car camping, but light enough to be carried for an overnighter, especially if you can split it between a few people.