Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by iscariot View Post
    Good on ya. It rips.

Set it up at 25% sag and beat it like a rented mule.
    Will do! More than anything, stoked to not feel the anxiety of worrying about getting the "wrong" bike. My current rig is an '08, so I'd be happy on whatever I ended up getting.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

great bike, you will love it....i sure love mine! climbs surprisingly well for how well it decends, i rip it at northstar bike park and the local jump trails here in tahoe, love this thing!
    ayuh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Will do! More than anything, stoked to not feel the anxiety of worrying about getting the "wrong" bike. My current rig is an '08, so I'd be happy on whatever I ended up getting.
    If that 08 was a Nomad, that wouldn't be such an assured statement.

No who's selling a 30.9 dropper post??
    Get a KS eTen dropper for $120 shipped and you'll be pleasantly surprised. It's about 150g heavier than the others, but it's 1/3 the cost and works just as well. Use the code "SAVE15" for an additional 15% off, and I think there are some 20% off codes floating around too (used to be "MEETUP20"). I've had one on my Bronson for 3-4 months now and it works flawlessly.

http://www.artscyclery.com/Kind_Shoc...?crumb=MTMCOMP

What he said. The eTen is cheap and works great.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Get a KS eTen dropper for $120 shipped and you'll be pleasantly surprised. It's about 150g heavier than the others, but it's 1/3 the cost and works just as well. Use the code "SAVE15" for an additional 15% off, and I think there are some 20% off codes floating around too (used to be "MEETUP20"). I've had one on my Bronson for 3-4 months now and it works flawlessly.

Thanks for the tip smmokan! Did you find you wanted to replace the handlebar remote with one from one of KS's nicer models? That's the only knock I read on the review there.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Not yet. I sold the KS Lev Integra that came with my bike in order to save money with the eTen (and I didn't want to deal with the internal housing), so I'm familiar with both remotes. The only difference I noticed was the feel since the eTen's is plastic. The functional operation of the plastic remote has been spot-on so far, I have no complaints.

The only thing I did differently was mount the remote upside down so the cable runs underneath my XT brakes and fits better on the handlebars. It's easy to do and easy to get used to.

Right on! Much cheaper solution than a reverb then. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post

you happen to know of similar deals for a 27.2?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Thanks for the tip smmokan! Did you find you wanted to replace the handlebar remote with one from one of KS's nicer models? That's the only knock I read on the review there.
    FWIW, I ran an eTen for the last year and now have a Reverb (came on a new bike). I actually liked the remote for the eTen better than the reverb; it's a little more out of the way and easier to reach when you need it. No problems with it being plastic, it still felt and functioned fine.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by thebigeast View Post
    great bike, you will love it....i sure love mine! climbs surprisingly well for how well it decends, i rip it at northstar bike park and the local jump trails here in tahoe, love this thing!
    Rad to hear. Where do you usually ride up there? Got back into biking a few years ago when I was living in Dolllar Point, had the best time getting back into it on my 1998 Rocky DH Race on those trails behind the xc ski center. Loved that ride up by Watson Lake and down all the way til the water reservoir. Also had a great time destroying rental bike components and doing my first serious jumps on Livewire the first time I went over there... fun shit!

that section from Watson down is pretty damn fun. I used to live at the bottom in Agate and that was out my back door. Really miss having such an awesome trail network in the back yard.

For sure man. That place was rad! Never did the full connection from my house all the way over to squaw, but loved how endless that was. Loved being able to bike up to the top of that valley with the beaver dams and then do that screaming DH all the way to the shitty motel near the base of the hill below the 7/11, all in under forty mins