Dynafits on S-Bound 112 mount point?

Who's done it and where did you mount them? I got some used ones that were drilled for Dynafits at my BSL with the Toe pins placed about in the middle of the marking range on the ski. Skiing them that way iit seems like there is way too much tail and they don't like to turn. If I use the BOF on CRS method it would move the mounting point back about 10 cm's and puts the toe pins about on the balance point of the ski. Anyone in the know?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I'm cornfused, you doin tele mount or AT?

Either way you will die.
    watch out for snakes

I am going with Dynafit Comforts on the S-bounds. I want an AT mount. It's a great set up for exploring all over the mountain. Frontside, backside and sideside onto the nordic network that holds some sweet 25 deg powder runs between the tracks as they wind through the mountains. I took a bunch of pics and can put them up later. FWIW, I also have Outtabounds and narrower S-bounds with 3-pins.

Ahh, I would recommend to go boot center near to or on the mark, if this ski has a boot center mark. There may be some conflict with the old holes if you are not reusing them. You may have to go fore or aft a bit to avoid conflict with old holes and properly plug them.

These skis have the pockets or scales?

Your mounting point is pretty well determined by the length and placement of this pattern.

I recently mounted tech bindings on some Voile Chargers and went with the boot center lined up to the mark on the ski.

If you have never mounted Dfit tech bindings you may want to practice first on a 2x4 as the hole placement is more important than any 3pin. Jig would be ideal but there are paper jigs that work well if you know what you are doing.

There is also some tuning things you can do to help the skis turn better like detune the tips and tails slightly.
    Last edited by scottyb; 03-17-2014 at 02:29 PM.
    watch out for snakes

I've mounted and mis-mounted my share of Dynafits, no lack of skill there. I think my question heads towards the theoretical on the way to FrankenSki.

There is no boot center mark on the ski. On my 175 (148cm Run Surface) traditional cambered Shuksans, the boot center mark is about 10cm back of CRS. The 189 Sbounds (RS of 144) are nordic double cambered with an early rise tip. With the CRS of both skis aligned here is what the current mount looks like. On the Sbounds, the pins of the Dynafits are within the tele toe marking points.

Per the Shuksan comparo the SBound mounts seems too far forward. How does it look compared to your Outabounds? I mounted my Outabounds BF on CRS for tele and they skied great, tele and parallel. I'd do an AT mount in the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    On the Sbounds, the pins of the Dynafits are within the tele toe marking points
    I don't recall where I mounted OBs in relation to the tele pin line. After the mid-1990s or so I mounted all traditional camber skis BF on CRS, tele and AT, ignoring tele marks. It aint so simple now with rocker tips.

Should be a nice setup for tooling around and post-consolidation spring/summer touring.

ETA: scottyb makes a good point about boot placement viz fishscale pattern. In theory BF should be midway on the pattern section.
    Last edited by Big Steve; 03-17-2014 at 03:46 PM.

Placing the binding for BF on CSR looks right to me when I set it the bindings on the ski. The boot looks right where its placed regarding the camber and tail. The boot heel has a good relationship to the waxless pattern judging by my other waxless setups. Any grip issue can be fixed with technique. They do skate real well currently. I'll mount them up at BF on CRS and report back. I must be a better skier than I thought to have skied them at +8cm in and out of bounds a dozen times without dying. There was that "straight-line-it because I can't turn-over the berm-face plant that could have gone badly.

I did the BF CRS mounts back in my tele days, it helped to compensate for my giant gunboat feet. It makes sense to do this lacking any midsole boot mark on the ski. The picture does look forward.

Sounds like you are a ski god to ridem 8cm forward and not die. Good work!
    watch out for snakes

Epilog. I remounted 8 cm back to BOF on CRS and OMG, it's a ski!!! On the groomers it turned like a ski that was doing my bidding. In boot high heavy powder(?) a little back seat went a long way. Stable going straight, skated well, climbed on soft and hard snows good enough. I even caught some air a couple of times. I like sounding like a jet coming down the mountain. My All Mountain Jeep. XC on steroids!! Pulk Tractor!!!

Welcome to the Fat Fishscale Club