Thread: SB66 Owners

SB66 Owners

How do you like the bike? Thinking about pulling the trigger on a frame, but heard about some reliability issues with the bearings on the eccentric link. Do they wear out fast?

Has anybody had any other longer term issues?

I've got a 1st year 66 and love it. No probs with it so far but I'm an old fart so not as hard on gear as I used to be since the resulting injuries don't heal as fast...

First summer I rode 4 or 5 days a week,
    Last summer only 3 a week.

Bike climbs great, tracks great on descents and sucks up terrain nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by BDKeg View Post
    How do you like the bike? Thinking about pulling the trigger on a frame, but heard about some reliability issues with the bearings on the eccentric link. Do they wear out fast?

Has anybody had any other longer term issues?
    I believe the bearing issue was the 2012... I think the '13s had it fixed.. but unsure. I looked up all the info when I was looking at the 66 but ended up with a covert instead.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Bearing issues were with the first run. Its a phenomenal bike, not the lightest frame, but pedals better than any 6" bike i've ever been on. That, and its a hell of a lot of fun. Doesn't really feel like its overkill or "too much bike" on the smooth stuff, and can handle just about anything you can throw at it. You know, all-mountain.

I just put a new build kit on mine if you need some parts. Fox talas 160 kashima, lots of things that say XT. Trying to get a sale thread up, but let me know if you need something.

Amazing bike, changed my outlook on riding up and down. Love it.

thanks for the replies. I think I'm sold, so I'm hoping I can find a Medium frame or full build to replace my current 575. Thanks all.

Rumours are I have a buddy on the Front Range selling a medium alloy, I'll check in to it. I'll keep my ear to the wind on any other mediums up for sale.

Otherwise just here to parrot what others have said: it's a great bike. I'm not selling my crabon version and getting something new because I really love the way it rides moar than any other bike I've owned and ridden. I've got a veritable shitload of miles on mine and the bearings have not been an issue at all. In full disclosure I did break one of the pivot pins about 2K miles in, sheered off at the threads. Yeti fixed me up proper, and indicated that they hadn't seen this issue otherwise. Something about me being a fat kid who rides like a hack above his skill level, or something.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

SB66 alu and carbon frames on SAC now, FYI-