Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jahroy View Post
    squaw passes used to be as expensive as jackson...

i wish they would go back to the higher prices, which would actually improve the value of the pass (by eliminating the crowds).
    Ditto...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Hugh Conway Guest
    squaw was like a private country club before 2010...
    you should have seen it before fatskis.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Some of the EC pass prices like those for Stowe and such are pretty funny.
    Okemo is around 1700, and they have $400 hotel rooms, which is a total head scratcher. There seems to be an element in the upper middle class who revel in mediocrity, and spend a ton of money for it.

Wait, did I just quote captain obvious?

For sure. I love the mansions under the lifts there. Upper middle class? Try wealthy and into buying what Outside Magazine recommends. (They being Outside's target reader, surly)
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Okemo is around 1700, and they have $400 hotel rooms, which is a total head scratcher. There seems to be an element in the upper middle class who revel in mediocrity, and spend a ton of money for it.

Wait, did I just quote captain obvious?
    I think we have found a winner! What a flat POS. People from the NYC area are used to working hard to convince themselves that where they are currently is the best place on earth... Sorry dude, it's true

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Any pass at a Southern California hill(Baldy excepted). Maybe not as bad as the NC passes, but close.
    I had a few of those Mt High $199 passes back in the day. Was fun maching down the East "Resort" on Rossi EXs GS boards with no crowds and blue bird skies.

After moving to Seattle, I know now I was getting ripped off.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Any pass at a Southern California hill(Baldy excepted). Maybe not as bad as the NC passes, but close.
    Yup.

Baldy has the best pass deal around; if it snows...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    I think we have found a winner! What a flat POS. People from the NYC area are used to working hard to convince themselves that where they are currently is the best place on earth... Sorry dude, it's true
    It has a little sister mountain down in the Catskills named Windham. Lot's of money, very little vertical.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    It has a little sister mountain down in the Catskills named Windham. Lot's of money, very little vertical.
    I skied there once.... in October. I don't think the locals had heard of skiing without a lift.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Clearly the winner is the North Carolina Gold Pass- $800 get you "unlimited" skiing at all 6 NC "mountains". My suggestion is take the 800 and buy two plane tickets. One to SLC and one to Denver. Then Commence skiing.
    http://www.goskinc.com/goldcard/
    /end thread
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Most of us are trying to have fun, not be Luke Skywalker and blow up the fucking death star, save the galaxy, and be the coolest Jedi at the next movie premier.

Not so fast.

$879 for Boyne Mountain / Highlands "500" foot of vert and a vibe that rivals Vail in snootiness.
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Quote Originally Posted by flatNshallow View Post
    Not so fast.

$879 for Boyne Mountain / Highlands "500" foot of vert and a vibe that rivals Vail in snootiness.
    Seriously. NC takes the cake. Look at what you get for 800. There are two super slow lifts running if you are lucky.
    http://www.skisugar.com/sugarlive/

Some of the EC pass prices like those for Stowe and such are pretty funny. Big Sky has always been pricy, but in the scheme of things, it doesn't seem way off. Speaking of which, I think Boyne is keeping the Moonlight Pass. Little steeper and there's sales tax on it now, but it's not TOO bad at the sale price.
    Snowbowl is still probably the most overpriced ticket/pass around here. Especially considering the old school, falling apart lifts.
    I remember when they replaced the old lift with Grizzly, it broke the first day they ran it. Was a used piece of shit way back then.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Seriously. NC takes the cake. Look at what you get for 800. There are two super slow lifts running if you are lucky.
    http://www.skisugar.com/sugarlive/
    Thank you for this, my butthurt is diminished.

Oh yeah, you win.
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Quote Originally Posted by pointemstraight View Post
    Afton Alps pass for $419 is clearly the worst.
    Heh, that's where I learned to ski on Wednesday night HS ski club outings. Somebody tried to steal my brand-new Dynastar Course SL slaloms there.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	500x1000px-LL-c5cff408_Another+Dynastar+ad.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	152432

Snowbowl is still probably the most overpriced ticket/pass around here.
    Cool. We won't miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Aspen Snowmass Premier - $2000
    What does that buy you? The opportunity to sit in I70 traffic for two more hours than people paying 1/3 the price...
    Hardly anyone is going to do 4hr one way day-trip to Aspen from the front range. This is for the CDale, GWood, RFork and Assssspen folks primarily.

Quote Originally Posted by racesla View Post
    I remember when they replaced the old lift with Grizzly, it broke the first day they ran it. Was a used piece of shit way back then.
    hahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Cool. We won't miss you.
    dude. You've never even met me. I'm awesome in person!
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

whoa - i feel like i need to stop grumbling about pass prices where i live. safe to say we have a fair bit more than 500ft of vertical, and from my front door to the parking lot is probably a 5 minute drive (maybe 7 in traffic ), yea the lifts seemingly don't run for wind, weather, whatever sometimes....but full price of $1035 probably isn't that terrible. doesn't matter though; a turbo mega super early bird pass can be had for $730 for us keeners.

i feel for all you 'mericans.

squaw was like a private country club before 2010...

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    you should have seen it before fatskis.

Not how I remember it. 45 minutes on Headwall, KT, etc were common.

$539 for 200 vertical feet at Chicopee in Kitchener, Ontario, is pretty steep. Though when I went to the University of Waterloo, a $25 ski club membership got you a night skiing pass to Chicopee, which was an awesome deal.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro83 View Post
    whoa - i feel like i need to stop grumbling about pass prices where i live. safe to say we have a fair bit more than 500ft of vertical, and from my front door to the parking lot is probably a 5 minute drive (maybe 7 in traffic ), yea the lifts seemingly don't run for wind, weather, whatever sometimes....but full price of $1035 probably isn't that terrible. doesn't matter though; a turbo mega super early bird pass can be had for $730 for us keeners.

i feel for all you 'mericans.
    holy is that how much Troll mtn costs? $900-ish for the bigger interior & Rocky resorts seems good value in comparison, more terrain for the price.

Front Range resorts in CO are crazy cheap (& not sustainable). My guess is most of those places wish they never went down the path of pricing wars, but now its too late they can never go back up to more normal prices.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    holy is that how much Troll mtn costs? $900-ish for the bigger interior & Rocky resorts seems good value in comparison, more terrain for the price.

Front Range resorts in CO are crazy cheap (& not sustainable). My guess is most of those places wish they never went down the path of pricing wars, but now its too late they can never go back up to more normal prices.
    Sure its sustainable. They've been doing it for more 15 years now and Vail stock is near an all time high. Sell $500 season passes to folks in the Midwest who use their pass for ~2 weeks a year. Where do they stay when the come out to Breck/Vail? A Vail Resorts owned hotel/condo at $750/night. Where do they eat? On the mountain and Vail owned restaurants in the village. How do they get to the mountain? Vail owned CME service.

I think the fact that a Sugar Bowl/Kwood pass is no longer an option is the worst deal. Id be all over that shit.

$1700 for Jackson is totally OK by me, its the shit, the shit costs extra.

stowe's business model is to charge what they want and see who shows up.

crazy that in this area a lot of people are willing to pay and show up.