Telemark on the Soul 7 anyone?

OK. Let's see if I got the right forum this time. I'm trying at least.

Does anyone have any comments or opinions about teleing on the new Soul 7? NTN perhaps?

Fwiw I have 2 friends using soul 7 with hh 75 bindings, and are very happy

I am currently skiing the S7 with NTN, had S7's with Axls, and have checked out the Soul 7, so here is my speculative pennies. The S7 is easy to ski; turns easy on all but hard, hard snow, you can butter and spin around, and it is pretty forgiving at doing so. It is good for an intermediate to gain confidence on, and can help you keep up with most of your friends. Where the S7 falls short is being a little too soft for chop, and less stable at higher speeds. The soul 7 would be a good if you are fairly new to telemark skiing, still looking to build confidence around the mountain.

I love the Soul 7. I feel super comfortable at speed. It think it has just the right touch of flex to it. Super versatile.

From my research, I am leaning away from the Soul 7 now and zeroing in on the Armada TST. In speaking with a few dudes that have been on the Soul, it sounded like the Soul 7 was a great all-rounder but perhaps a little boring for me. I'd like it but not love it. I am an advanced telemarker that likes a little spark coming back from my skis.

I've demoed it tele and didn't like it. It wants to go across the hill when I would rather go down. Short radius so that is not surprising. And those light tips just flap around unless you are in pow. Right after those I demoed BD Converts and found them similar in weight but a lot more stable at speed and more of a down the mountain personality. Soul7 is probably a good ski to learn on but not a high performance ski in my opinion. They seemed to be the "IT" ski this year but the skiers who bought them from us were not rippers.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

I think the Soul 7 is the rental ski of choice ANYWHERE/EVERYWHERE in the west. I've never seen so much yellow & black in my life.
    Last edited by axebiker; 03-17-2014 at 07:23 AM.
    Gravity. It's the law.