Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

multi area season passes?

Just wondering what other multi area season passes are avail in north america?

Wife and I got the "rocky mountain passport" this year: Unlimited skiing and riding at Mt. Norquay, The Lake Louise Ski Resort, Sunshine Village, Nakiska, Fernie Alpine Resort, Kimberly Alpine Resort, Panorama Mountain Village and Marmot Basin
    http://www.skibig3.com/rmp/

Have seen this:
    Epic pass: Unlimited access to Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Canyons, Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood, Afton Alps, Mt. Brighton, and Arapahoe Basin
    http://www.snow.com/epic-pass/passes/epic-pass.aspx

any other pass deals around like it?

The Mountain Collective

http://mountaincollective.com/

The Mountain Collective Pass has served me well. Two free days at Mammoth, Whistler, Jackson, Alta/bird, Aspen and Squaw/Alpine, then 50% off any additional days. It paid for itself during a week at J-hole, and will serve me well at Whistler in a few weeks. I should not have bought a Mammoth Pass since our season is so dismal, but I usually get 20 days there so in a normal year my Mammoth pass is well worth it.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    This season I bought the Tahoe Local version of the Epic Pass after having a full Epic. Likely to upgrade to the Epic Local for next season.

The Mountain Collective also has served me well. I got in 5 out of 6 destinations this year (Aspen, Jackson Hole, Alta/Snowbird, Squaw/Alpine, and Mammoth.) I just re-upped for next season.

Another good multi-resort pass is to get a pass at one of the Powder Alliance Resorts. My Sierra at Tahoe pass comes with 3 free days each at the following: Snowbasin, Crested Butte, Stevens Pass, Mountain High, Schweitzer, Angel Fire, Timberline, Mt. Hood Ski Bowl, China Peak, Arizona Snowbowl, and Bridger Bowl. (It also includes early and late season Squaw/Alpine, free skiing with lodging at Grand Targhee, as well as 3 free days at Monarch Mountain (which also offers it's own special multi-resort pass.)

The price tag of $3k for the gold pass is pretty steep but cool that anyone can use it.

Rocky Mountain Super Pass:
    Unlimited skiing at Copper and Winter Park, 6 days at Steamboat, and 3 days at Crested Butte (for next year, it was Monarch this year). Plus some days at a place in New Zealand, but that is just a marketing gimmick.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Around Seattle there's the 'Gold Peak To Summit' pass which includes Crystal Mountain, Alpental, Snoqualmie areas (West, Central and Hyak) for $900 early season.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

problem i've found with mine is getting time at the southern resort.
    hard to leave the ungroomed oasis.
    b

Utah's Silver Pass: 30 days at every single resort in Utah. I believe it's $2300, kinda overkill considering that's like 12 or 13 resorts IIRC.

Utah's Gold Pass: 50 days at every resort in Utah. $3500. Way overkill.

I have an AltaBird, which is $1500 for an adult unlimited. Incredibly useful if you live in Salt Lake. Ski the Bird on the powder day for obvious reasons, then Alta the day after the storm when they start to open everything up.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    silvers non transferable
    golds transferable
    don't know about overkill the silver comes w/ my gig
    free verts good verts
    damn dude could have 2 resorts in the OC $500 in your account
    and prob an extra day or 2 of skiing vrs. sittin in the lemmin line every pow day

used to bee a cottonwoods canyon foundation pass 30 @ each lcc and bcc resort
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Rocky Mountain Super Pass:
    Unlimited skiing at Copper and Winter Park, 6 days at Steamboat, and 3 days at Crested Butte (for next year, it was Monarch this year). Plus some days at a place in New Zealand, but that is just a marketing gimmick.
    At $439, this is a great deal.

We got the big cottonwood pass this year, in its first year of offering, for $999.
    Unlimited ski at Brighton & solitude and 3free days at telluride. The tride comp is a nice touch that we utilized this season.

actually, the big cottonwood pass was offered back in the mid 80s - the year we finished summit and honeycomb at soli and snake creek at the B!!!

intersting options. Are most of the multi area passes owned by the same company? or is it little guys getting together?

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    intersting options. Are most of the multi area passes owned by the same company? or is it little guys getting together?
    Tough question. I think the elephant in the room is Vail and it's Epic Pass, which has been a great ticket for over ten years now. The remnants of ASC and Fortress and the surviving mountains in similar markets have been trying to compete with that deal. I guess they have to. But all of it seems to be just a lot of handshake marketing deals, with the hope that those deals result in future business. Worked on me with the Mountain Collective. Just skied two mountains I thought I never would, Aspen and Aspen Highlands, and walked away impressed, and I didn't even ski Snowmass. I would also recommend that place to a lot of different people who may ask, because there is so much there for all abilities. They sucked me in.

Today I put a down payment on the Rocky Mountain Super pass mentioned above, which is an awesome deal. But, if you go to the Copper site, their season pass is entirely different in extras, even though I consider the Super a Copper pass with benefits (the week in Steamboat is the deal closer). Everybody has a scam, it seems, and, god bless the competition. Keeps it cheap.

Silverton Unguided Pass: 15 free days at other ski areas, half price heli skiing, and majorly discounted guided skiing all for just $199.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

interesting to see the deals, and the multi day deals, vs the season pass deals.

One helps the locals, one helps the guests... (usually)

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    It appears to be all of the above. Vail owns multiple mountains so they have forced others to play the same game. Options like the Mountain Collective is a group of big mountains but most are relatively independent. The other pas (Rocky Mountain Pass?) is a bunch of small hills banding together to compete.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I recently heard about another multi-area-season-pass offer.
    This one is from Boreal ( http://www.rideboreal.com/winter/rates/season-passes )
    $239 for a pass that includes 3 free days at each of 5 POWDR resorts:
    - Mt. Bachelor
    -Park City Mountain Resort
    - Copper Mountain
    - Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard Resort
    - Killington
    details:
    ( http://www.rideboreal.com/winter/rat...asses/benefits )

Vets, if you buy that pass @ LVSSR for 399$ it is unlimited riding at those same resorts + brian head.

http://www.skilasvegas.com/winter/sk...ass/index.html

I wonder how many people actually use days at all of the resorts on their pass. I certainly don't. Haven't even been to Breck, one day at Keystone for a demo, and a few Vail days, not even BC. I've actually been to Copper more than most of the mountains on my pass and I don't have a pass there. Therefore, I'm pretty interested in the COpper pass with days at CB and Steamboat. Might skip the epic next year and just get a Basin only with that Copper pass.

I can't tell from the website, but do you have to make the initial purchase in-person or use at the pass at Boreal FIRST before being able to use it at the partner resorts? Sometimes they use that as a strategy to keep people like me from buying the pass and then never even skiing there. I wouldn't ever go to Boreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vets View Post
    I recently heard about another multi-area-season-pass offer.
    This one is from Boreal ( http://www.rideboreal.com/winter/rates/season-passes )
    $239 for a pass that includes 3 free days at each of 5 POWDR resorts:
    - Mt. Bachelor
    -Park City Mountain Resort
    - Copper Mountain
    - Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard Resort
    - Killington
    details:
    ( http://www.rideboreal.com/winter/rat...asses/benefits )

Quote Originally Posted by cdlv View Post
    Vets, if you buy that pass @ LVSSR for 399$ it is unlimited riding at those same resorts + brian head.

http://www.skilasvegas.com/winter/sk...ass/index.html
    I think you only get unlimited days at LVSSR not the other mtns. listed. I can't find details on how many days you get at the other resorts or if there are blackout dates.

Im thinking of getting this one for next year since I mostly ski in/near Vegas.