Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

2014 Mammoth Mini

EDIT: It's happening, and it's May 2-4, bitches. Be there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is happening this year? I hope so. There isn't even a 13-14 Eastside thread...so this may be a bit premature but I'd like to start planning this as my weekends are filling up. ;-)

Should we even wait until May? Personally I think late April would be a great time considering the lack of snowpack this year.

What do you say about April 25-27? Open to other dates and May as well.....I am really looking forward to this because I miss hanging out with you mags a lot and can't wait to drink beer, ski, and hang out - not in that order.
    Last edited by divegirl; 03-10-2014 at 11:14 PM.
    bc-lovah

Lets do this sooner than later. Early April is my call.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Mrs. C. and I have two days at Mammoth courtesy of Mountain Collective, and still need to use. Spring skiing mini sounds good -- we'll plan on camping out at wherever Ft. FKNA ends up.

The weekend of April 10-13 is out for us, though -- Sea Otter bike event.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Hard to say what the weather has in store, but April is likely to still be cold, even some May minis has been brutal. I suspect things will still be good in May, so I would suggest early May, which still may have marginal weather, but more likely to be good for campers.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

divegirl, you redheaded vixen mom wench, thanks for getting on this, been talking about it for a week. Hoping late April, early May.

Quattro De Mayo would work well.
    And maybe a bigger Piñata

Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    Quattro De Mayo would work well.
    And maybe a bigger Piñata

Good idea, but could we keep this guy from the short bus away?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I love you guys. Especially you, Splat. You better show up. I need to cop a feel.

I LOVE the idea of a Cinqo de Mayo mini like last year. Sooo, May 2-4? Let's plan on it. I'll do a Facebook post too. TWINS, I assume you'll alert the SoCal crew(s). Let's do this.
    bc-lovah

There is a a holy shit is snowed in mammoth thread out there this year. You may want to cross post. The only thing I dislike about being a stay at home dad is not making it out to any mammoth minis. You guys know how to ski and party, and write Alex [heart] dick on dirty windows.

Thanks Ot - I'll cross post. Just saw that thread.
    Yeah I think Lego did an Alex heart dick somewhere out there at one point. Mostly I just draw penises on windows of cars I know. Classy, I know.
    By the way - we're bringing our 1.5 yr old, so if you want your kid(s) to have a playmate, bring them along!
    bc-lovah

The new Schralphmobile is unfortunately no longer so recognizable. He's all grows up.

Maybe I'll finally make the Mini this year. Would like to, for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    I plan to be there.

Cool.Was wondering when this thread would start.Thankyou DiveGirl...
    Me and PattyE are looking forward to it and already getting our Tijuana gear together.
    Just need to figure out how to ski with my Velvet Elvis

It will be a great time.

Mammy Mini crowd is the greatest, most fun bunch of crazies I know.
    I'm bustin nutz to be there.

I'm bustin nutz to be there - Splat

Me too! Looking forward to it!
    The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

We're going to try -- we've got the mini-Chups that weekend, so we'll have 14- and 16-yr old snowboarders with if we can get there. Camping for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Guys, there's like no snow - or at least, not enough to last until then, unless it snows a lot. I was there this past weekend, and it's like a great early season coverage, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by yogachik View Post
    Guys, there's like no snow - or at least, not enough to last until then, unless it snows a lot. I was there this past weekend, and it's like a great early season coverage, that's all.
    I was thinking it was incredibly optimistic to think there'd still be lifts turning in May with the season we've had and the forecast for the next week.
    Mammoth Mt Biking Mini?
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Negative Nancy's need not apply. They will be running Main Lodge until Memorial Day I tell ya. What with those dangerous avi cycles we will see in April when a week of storms ending in five new feet then bluebird. It ain't over till it's over. Or everyone will be on bikes.

BTw, it is mostly about getting drunk and getting kicked out of a hot tub. At least that is all remember from the last time I showed up. That an seeing Divegirl almost get run over by a mid day grooming snow cat.

Dang, as much as I'd like to imagine sleeping out at FKNA camp in my bivy and having 2 ft of snow fall on me over night, I'm gonna be out of town that weekend so prob gonna miss it... have fun ya'll and keep those mammoth hot tubs nasty...

So, How's it Holding Up, Then?

Ooh, what a quiet thread. Sadly.

So, Mammymaggots how are things holding up, snow-wise?
    Doesnt look like you'll get much from today's and this weekends storms, but I hope I'm wrong.
    I fear YC might be right about the snow not lasting until May.

If the Tahoe Resorts close mid-April, then maybe there will be a bunch of us Jonesing for lift-served by then, and me & Cinders can get a ride down...
    Maybe Tioga Pass, etc will open by then?

Did get a "buy one get one free" lift tick deal from MM, but I let it slide.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    divegirl, you redheaded vixen mom wench, thanks for getting on this, been talking about it for a week. Hoping late April, early May.
    Divegirl is a redheaded vixen mom wench? TTIUWOP

(may need to line up some planefare)
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

Conditions are looking good. 3-6" last night and more on the way. While it is a low snow year the mountain is still skiing well. The upper mountain is still quite nice and reasonably well cover in chalky snow. Down low it is trying to covert to a spring snow pack, but this storm should push that back a couple weeks.

Unless April is absolutely baking, Cinco de Quattro show work just fine.

iscariot

Mammoth announced today they are staying open until Memorial Day so no problem on the mini. The mountain got a nice refresh today and was fun all over the place. Looks like more on the way. Conditions are as good as they have been all season.

^^^^pics or it didn't happen
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)