Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
    I, for one, don't appreciate mob scenes. It makes the whole vibe less fun. As with a few other places, it strikes me there is a supply/demand/pricing mismatch. Which kind of degrades the experience for all. If they upped prices 50%, I wonder if crowds would drop and crowd related problems would diminish - while profits would likely remain solid because a decent number of folks would appreciate the much improved experience. I know I'd pay more to have my daily hill - Stevens - cut back on the shitshow crowding and behavior that has been so standard this year.
    why am I not surprised you want to price out the hoi polloi? the problems assholes; as the price goes up assholes expect more for their dollar so become bigger assholes. Doesn't take more than a couple. then you have the whistler scene which breeds them; messageboards which reinforce them, and it's the problem of skiing.

Line etiquette only exists in a handful of countries (ever ski in Italy or France?). And while one of them is Canada, if people are lining up for one boot pack when there is room for two, waiting is stupid. The check out line analogy is apt. The solution is to have one line for two boot packs. An even better solution, if you don't want crowds, is to avoid crowded mega resorts that attract entitled pricks and "hardcore" bros.

Skiers are so core,they make women cry over a BC line-up for pow, retarded.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Think of the first line not as a queue, just people waiting for spankys to crack. Once the rope drops its game on!! If you waited for 20 min with 50 people ahead of you don't get mad when rippers ski past you to go make the 2nd boot pack. That's how shit works! I've seen hoji sidestep up a 3rd route even farther left!

never skied there. looking at the picture in the article with the ski traverse (red line) right alongside the bootpack then the second bootpack next to the first, it seems like the ski traverse would just be the better answer for everybody? is the picture showing them closer together than they actually are?

Price out the poor is an excellent solution. Maybe we can just shoot them and get rid of them all together.

Das Cunt is so funny. Doo does not even have basic reading comprehension skills.

I get it. When powder is on powder is on. Survival of the fittest. I myself would be dirty. Does that make it right?? No. Does that make me a hypocrite? Yep!

What if there was busy bar with a keg where everyone paid the same price for a limited quantity of alcohol. If I pound my beer super fast does that entitle me to push my way past the line at the tap handle to get a refill before many can get their first?

On a related topic it is pretty sweet when one person, or even a pair of skis, holds a place in the lift line cue. When the lifts start loading that one person has 6 of their friends exit the warm cozy lodge to join them, bypassing the 50 people behind them who waited it out in the cold. Can you say Alta..

I'm glad I now live and ski in a place that doesn't have people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Price out the poor is an excellent solution.
    Das Cunt is so funny. Doo does not even have basic reading comprehension skills.
    the dirty would be the only route for me unless the clean was such, especially if a track is set low and 100's of gapers were shuffling like cows. feast or famine is all that anyone really comprehends except the lemmings shuffling through life.
    yes sir no sir sure whatever you say
    b

WTF is wrong with you people?

Quote Originally Posted by bumski View Post

On a related topic it is pretty sweet when one person, or even a pair of skis, holds a place in the lift line cue. When the lifts start loading that one person has 6 of their friends exit the warm cozy lodge to join them, bypassing the 50 people behind them who waited it out in the cold. Can you say Alta..

I'm glad I now live and ski in a place that doesn't have people.
    Yup. Could not agree more!

have you guys seen the W/B masterplan? they're hoping to put TWO lifts back there in future.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a gate to spanky's pretty soon with the RFID thing coming. the resort is going to want to collect as much data as they can there.

either way, we figured with all the talk that everyone would be trying to prove a point one way or another today, so we decided to avoid the drama (and massive GE lineups) and had some rad times lapping crystal. stoke.

How would this be done on a skin track?
    You'd have to wait for the winded geezer ahead of you to catch his breath before you can start skinning again?

I have always thought there should be a hierarchy based on how rad you are getting you closer to the front of the line.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    have you guys seen the W/B masterplan? they're hoping to put TWO lifts back there in future.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a gate to spanky's pretty soon with the RFID thing coming. the resort is going to want to collect as much data as they can there.

either way, we figured with all the talk that everyone would be trying to prove a point one way or another today, so we decided to avoid the drama (and massive GE lineups) and had some rad times lapping crystal. stoke.

Did a couple laps over there this afternoon, hardly a line on ge hardly anyone on the bootpack no need to dirty it up hahaha. This stuff is only an issue for a little while when it first opens.

do the mtn. safety patrol have a rule about boot pack etiquette?
    otherwise, fair game on the up.
    b

Quote Originally Posted by bumski View Post
    What if there was busy bar with a keg where everyone paid the same price for a limited quantity of alcohol. If I pound my beer super fast does that entitle me to push my way past the line at the tap handle to get a refill before many can get their first?
    Don't know where you ski, but everywhere I have been it's been more like an all-you-can-eat buffet. I don't know the details here as I've never been, but anywhere else I've been it's anything goes once you're past the gate/rope/closure.
    Here's a more logical way to look at this: if the closure were at the top of a run, when the rope drops would you politely ski behind some butt-wiggling gaper so as not to poach his fresh line because he dropped first, or would you charge it at your own pace, passing whoever can't hang? (Telemarkers are obviously exempt from this question )
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    do the mtn. safety patrol have a rule about boot pack etiquette?
    otherwise, fair game on the up.
    b
    No they do not have a rule. Patrol stands at the top until the terrain is open and once that happens it is game on.

There are a solid half dozen ways to boot up Spankys and they are all legit and always have been.

9am-30min after the rope drops is a little different from after the line dissipates.
    If they are waiting for it to open its pretty shitty form to go spend the first hour skiing to jump the line. You all would be pretty pissed off if folks skied right onto the lift you had just been waiting to open.
    Last edited by XavierD; 03-09-2014 at 08:13 PM.

So why doesn't this issue exist on high t at Alta? That's about a 10 lane highway. If there's room for more than one traverse and you don't mind the slightly longer hike as a result of coming in a little lower light it up.

If someone wants to cut a new traverse or set a new boot pack more power to them. When I'm hiking for turns I hate going slow, some people do. Why should I have to wait for them?

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Don't know where you ski, but everywhere I have been it's been more like an all-you-can-eat buffet. I don't know the details here as I've never been, but anywhere else I've been it's anything goes once you're past the gate/rope/closure.
    Here's a more logical way to look at this: if the closure were at the top of a run, when the rope drops would you politely ski behind some butt-wiggling gaper so as not to poach his fresh line because he dropped first, or would you charge it at your own pace, passing whoever can't hang? (Telemarkers are obviously exempt from this question )
    This is a much better analogy and is dead on. Until you got to your last comment.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    9am-30min after the rope drops is a little different from after the line dissipates.
    If they are waiting for it to open its pretty shitty form to go spend the first hour skiing to jump the line. You all would be pretty pissed off if folks skied right onto the lift you had just been waiting to open.
    Pissed at other people or pissed at yourself for missing an hour of skiing and not being in good enough shape to keep up with people that are probably going to drop a tougher line than your lazy ass is capable of skiing?
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    you ski in asshole land (Tahoe) and assume everywhere's like transplant asshole land, and defend transplant asshole land, while blowing assholes

that's this message board alright. you are so fucking awesome for being top of the turd pile bro!

DUDE YOU ARE SO CORE BRO! WHEN YOU GOING BACK TO JERSEY?

Hugh Conway Guest
    It's great because last time I was up there without the lifts to the top all of the "super fit bros" like mmjerseypow were too lazy to skin up. And it was really nice. Nice people, nice mountain, nice vibe. But mmmjereseypow needs the rat race.

Skiinz is teh serious.

Wait is there a solid double yellow line or a broken single yellow line between the two?

I see two or more ways to a gate and a bunch of people getting ready to set a single boot pack. Soooo....people get violent over a second one? Weird. Snowballs sure... But fights? Jeesh, save that aggression for where it belongs. On the sea to sky on the way home!!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post

Doo does not even have basic reading comprehension skills.
    ummm, did we not read the same article.

Some skier bro-brah dude saw a woman taking the dirty express line next to him up,

a. stopped her by force.

b. physically and verbally abused her.

c. Threw her ski poles down the mountain.

douchebag skiers unite party?
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel