Page 296 of 465 FirstFirst ... 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 ... LastLast
Results 7,376 to 7,400 of 11610
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Heard the passenger car chain law was enacted over Hoosier Pass earlier today.
    Enacted, but also enforced?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Enacted, but also enforced?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yeah I heard they had like 10 Sherrifs out there today

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post

Me on I-70 this weekend.
    On another note, one of the best movies ever. If we could all only be so stealth on our ski missions.

that pass is no joke in a white out...only time ive ever turned around and taken a different route....and the turning around was not easy in a crewcab f250 on the alma side

so how long was 70 locked up today?
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Not long enough

^ haha never is if youre wanting lap untracked while the hordes are stuck in place
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Semi jackknifed east of the tunnel (EB).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5051.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	254.0 KB 
ID:	306154

Such an unnecessary law for 98% of drivers on that pass. I drove over it every day for 8 years with M+S all seasons on 4wd.......no issues. My wife did it with studded snows on FWD.....no issues. Thanks, Jerry.
    Last edited by cmsummit; 12-14-2019 at 10:01 AM.
    Old's Cool.

Semi jackknifed east of the tunnel (EB).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5051.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	254.0 KB 
ID:	306154
    The best part of that photo is the motto "We Keep America Moving"

Hi all, visiting Denver for a few days and brought the skis with me! Tried to drive up to A-basin yesterday but Loveland pass was closed unfortunately, so ended up skiing Loveland, which was great fun but more expensive as I have an Ikon Pass. Could one of you give me an idea of if/when the pass is likely to reopen? I'm going to go skiing tomorrow (Sunday) as well as Monday, and would really like to try A-basin as I've heard great things. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by powder_to_the_people View Post
    Hi all, visiting Denver for a few days and brought the skis with me! Tried to drive up to A-basin yesterday but Loveland pass was closed unfortunately, so ended up skiing Loveland, which was great fun but more expensive as I have an Ikon Pass. Could one of you give me an idea of if/when the pass is likely to reopen? I'm going to go skiing tomorrow (Sunday) as well as Monday, and would really like to try A-basin as I've heard great things. Cheers!
    There are other ways to A-Basin that don't involve going over Loveland Pass. HTH.

Try google maps?

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Try google maps?
    Or any map? Even one of those old school paper ones would work.
    go upside down.

You guys are getting soft.

Over/under for I70 3 hour long closures Friday to Sunday: 6
    Pretty sure the over was reached from today alone.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Pretty sure the over was reached from today alone.
    Yep. Currently EB VP closed, passenger chain law over Hoosier Pass and WB/ EB Silverthorne to tunnel all fucked. Saw cars sliding sideways all over the highway approaching S-thorne.

Stuck in my first closure in a while. Oh well.

Thanks. Apologies, my initial post wasn't very clear. I do realise there are other ways to get to A-basin, but since I'm working in Denver at 2pm, and I've estimated that going through Dillon will add another 30-45 min each way, I just won't really be able to ski A-basin for more than a couple of hours and make it back on time unless Loveland pass is open. Hence my question about the possibility of it reopening: is it likely to remain shut over the next few days?

Was stuck on Vail pass for 3 hours. Personal record. Bad decisions were made.

This has been a force of reckoning for I-70 the CO corridor, so give the credit to the plow drivers for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    This has been a force of reckoning for I-70 the CO corridor, so give the credit to the plow drivers for sure.
    Yes, for sure. That band that came through I the afternoon was super intense.

Hence my question about the possibility of it reopening: is it likely to remain shut over the next few days?
    My guess is it will be open midday tomorrow at the earliest. If it’s windy/still hammering it won’t open at all. Honestly thought to say at this point.
    go upside down.

Today was an epic shitshow. Left A Basin about 1. Witnessed probably 15-20 cars slide onto the shoulder or other cars. Most of them were 4wd trucks or 4runners with what looked like good all terrain tires. Not all were driving poorly- just any incline and the cars wanted to slide downhill. Even saw a wrangler trying to winch itself out of deep snow in the median-no idea what they were trying to anchor to. Slickest I’ve seen the I-70, slushy powdery snow over ice. Even new Blizzaks on my F150 with 400lbs weight in the bed slipped a bit at times. Had to keep it in 1st and second gear coming down most hills. Snow tires pay for themselves, all-terrain tires are not a replacement.
    Last edited by Muggydude; 12-15-2019 at 11:40 AM.

I kinda had to laugh when they re-opened VP the first time right as a heavy band came in. Why bother. Made it 30 minutes til they closed it again.
    But hey, we have snow.

Thanks. Apologies, my initial post wasn't very clear. I do realise there are other ways to get to A-basin, but since I'm working in Denver at 2pm, and I've estimated that going through Dillon will add another 30-45 min each way, I just won't really be able to ski A-basin for more than a couple of hours and make it back on time unless Loveland pass is open. Hence my question about the possibility of it reopening: is it likely to remain shut over the next few days?
    Is there really a reason to go to Scummit County besides for a slice of pizza?
    I have over 2 feet of snow in front of my place, no plowing except for cdot walls about waist deep, but if you dig down, it's pure ice. Warmth. It took me quite a bit more to get out today, and the solution is to add more snow for traction. Still warm, but it's going to get honestly cold, which is bad for snow, but good for other shit.

Yeah, going through the tunnel adds 30-40 minutes.

CDOT isn't great with their updates (cotrip.org), although folks tell me their Twitter feed is pretty good.

This site is a bit more timely (links on this page for other passes as well):
    https://www.islovelandpassopen.com/

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music