Page 244 of 288 FirstFirst ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,100 of 7184
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    But... but... with a monorail, there would be no need!

Yeah, we'll put the semis on the monorail! Brilliant!

I am much better driver stoned than these people are sober

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Took me an hour to get from Vail to Silverthorne yesterday. Almost backed up to Copper. Never seen that with dry roads before. Crazy how heavy they were metering at the tunnel and how much it fucked up traffic for people who weren’t even leaving town. I wonder if it was a failed experiment? Surely opening the floodgates at the tunnel a little more would have been a good thing?

They should close Dillon Dam Road (and others) to locals only and not let Waze just run amok, wreaking havoc on side roads so people can save 5 minutes on their 3 hour drive home.

The drive up to the tunnel this morning was basically a one lane road with all the trucks without chains and bald tire cars spinning out. Still much better than last nights clusterfuck. Wonder where the enforcement was. Was snowing pretty heavily at least. Front range seemed to get pounded. Should be some good touring near town tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    <snip>
    They should close Dillon Dam Road (and others) to locals only
    lol

Dam Road etc... those were the ways locals worked around traffic... the ways before Waze goat fucked it all to hell.

I'm not sure how you would enforce a local traffic only on side streets. Put up a "LOCAL TRAFFIC ONLY" sign and have people just ignore the shit out of it because they really want to cut 1 minute out of their drive?

I do think it is completely fucked that Waze routes people through Dillon Ridge shopping center to bypass 30 seconds of traffic turning it into a complete cluster!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I'm not sure how you would enforce a local traffic only on side streets.
    You wouldn't. Not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Dam Road etc... those were the ways locals worked around traffic... the ways before Waze goat fucked it all to hell.

I'm not sure how you would enforce a local traffic only on side streets. Put up a "LOCAL TRAFFIC ONLY" sign and have people just ignore the shit out of it because they really want to cut 1 minute out of their drive?

I do think it is completely fucked that Waze routes people through Dillon Ridge shopping center to bypass 30 seconds of traffic turning it into a complete cluster!
    Not saying the resources are available, but yeah, putting up a sign with the fine clearly posted, setting up a driver’s license checkpoint around the corner, and handing out tickets. Not saying it would work, but would be curious to see how much money it would generate and if it might finally start working. You could even get fancy and do it automated with one of those red light cameras. Scan the license plate, determine the registered address of the owner, and send out fines.

It really would be nice to find a way to keep the people heading home on I70.

There does need to be some other routes around Dilverthorne interchange at Exit 205 for when this shit happens. Gridlock gets annoying for local traffic that is just trying to get through to get to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Not saying the resources are available, but yeah, putting up a sign with the fine clearly posted, setting up a driver’s license checkpoint around the corner, and handing out tickets.
    You do realize that there are probably *thousands* of "local" people in Summit County whose DL's would reflect an address on the Front Range, right?

It's kinda like proposing a monorail.

Wait a minute we are getting to something awesome. So we are gonna have a system, advocated by a guy who's
    where by you get privileges to a certain road based on whether you are
    local
    ?

This has legs. I expect 30 posts minimum by the time I get back from the bank. Get to work!

And construct an elevated deck highway!
    I used to hike 2 hours for 10 minutes of turns on 207 gs skis, without needing “skins” or “hike mode.” Tell me again how I’m a gaper.
    -mikdes26

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    For the record, this was my idea, and I still think it is brilliant.

Or just a retractable roof over the highway for any time it snows.

I'm thinking double-decker. Lower level is westbound traffic, middle elevated platform is east, and top level is MONORAIL!!

It's brilliant!

There are NO drawbacks!

For the record, this was my idea, and I still think it is brilliant.

Or just a retractable roof over the highway for any time it snows.
    Haha.

How is construction of the Hyperloop system coming along?

Denver to Like Nothing on Earth in under 7 minutes IS the future.
    I used to hike 2 hours for 10 minutes of turns on 207 gs skis, without needing “skins” or “hike mode.” Tell me again how I’m a gaper.
    -mikdes26

Haha.

How is construction of the Hyperloop system coming along?
    I thought we named it the fart tunnel since people would gain 5000ft in 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I think a tunnel from Denver to GJ with intermittent elevators to local towns would be best. Since the two cities are roughly the same elevation, there'd be no climbing involved and no altitude gain until the elevator which could be pressurized to prevent rapid decompression. Maybe Elon Musk could drill the tunnel.

I think a tunnel from Denver to GJ with intermittent elevators to local towns would be best. Since the two cities are roughly the same elevation, there'd be no climbing involved and no altitude gain until the elevator which could be pressurized to prevent rapid decompression. Maybe Elon Musk could drill the tunnel.
    We're going to BBI Euro hosted by Vendul in Sedrun to investigate this option:

The elevator: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porta_Alpina
    The tunnel: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotthard_Base_Tunnel

A couple years ago there was a bad accident just past the turd plant north of trailerthorne.

Ways and all the stupid traffic apps told people that they could use the residential streets in the north 40 subdivision and sage creek so everyone is hauling ass through the neighborhood only to find that they closed the rode between the neighborhoods thirty years ago.

I laughed my ass off all afternoon as people came to the dead end and were very lost.

People are stupid and believe there computer over anything.

The old lady finally drove down to the highway and reamed the sherif and cdot suddenly no one was turning around in her driveway

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    That's just crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    A couple years ago there was a bad accident just past the turd plant north of trailerthorne.

Ways and all the stupid traffic apps told people that they could use the residential streets in the north 40 subdivision and sage creek so everyone is hauling ass through the neighborhood only to find that they closed the rode between the neighborhoods thirty years ago.

I laughed my ass off all afternoon as people came to the dead end and were very lost.

The old lady finally drove down to the highway and reamed the sherif and cdot suddenly no one was turning around in her driveway
    Reminds me of how Waze and Gmaps has routed truckers over Independence Pass or via Sylvian Lake to get pass a Vail Pass shutdown or the Glenwood Springs construction shitshow. Fucking morons.

It's funny how everyone likes to bitch at waze and google, but how many of you don't use those apps, especially when you're somewhere unfamiliar? Seems somehow related to the notion that you're not in traffic, you are traffic (which I most certainly thought of last night).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

I like the 'Police ahead' notifications on the Waze.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I'm shocked how few people ski here Monday-Friday, even when they report 6+.

Shhhhhhh
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

There does need to be some other routes around Dilverthorne interchange at Exit 205 for when this shit happens. Gridlock gets annoying for local traffic that is just trying to get through to get to work.
    years ago there was talk of putting a road in between wilderness and frisco, a frontage road along 70
    got shut down by the county commissioners and all the other do gooders because roads are bad

and everyone was talking about a tunnel under breck so you could bi pass trafffic in town and get to where you needed on the other side of the county