Page 234 of 287 FirstFirst ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... LastLast
Results 5,826 to 5,850 of 7155
    I wish I could put my wife in ski school. Same with a bunch of my buddies wives. That and drivers education with an emphasis on winter driving....

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I wish I could put my wife in ski school. Same with a bunch of my buddies wives. That and drivers education with an emphasis on winter driving....
    No kidding, especially when they complain that buying them a ski pass isn't considered a gift and then complain that it is too expensive to ski for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I love how foggy rants can get the front range panties in a bit of a wad.
    It’s a thing of beauty in this already glorious thread.

Back to I70: did the semi that crashed off Floyd Hill go down the embankment on the north side of WB?!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Back to I70: did the semi that crashed off Floyd Hill go down the embankment on the north side of WB?!
    Yeah and they lived. Never heard what the deal was with the car going off BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Because I ski plenty with my kid, but every time I put her in ski school, her skiing improved dramatically.
    Not to keep us off topic, but this is worth replying to. I didn't really think of it this way. If you are seeing bigger improvement in ski school then with you teaching your kids, then I get that. I'll rethink my attitude on it.

Sorry. I just have a knee jerk reaction to these parents that dump their kids in ski school so they can ignore them and then can't figure out why they end up either not liking skiing or not liking skiing with mom and dad.

But you make a good point and I take it back in some circumstances like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Not to keep us off topic, but this is worth replying to. I didn't really think of it this way. If you are seeing bigger improvement in ski school then with you teaching your kids, then I get that. I'll rethink my attitude on it.

Sorry. I just have a knee jerk reaction to these parents that dump their kids in ski school so they can ignore them and then can't figure out why they end up either not liking skiing or not liking skiing with mom and dad.

But you make a good point and I take it back in some circumstances like yours.
    Trust me, the entire kiddo program in my family is about turning my kiddo into a rad skier that loves skiing. But I am completely self-taught (and a tele skier to boot) so have no idea how to teach her. And she definitely resists learning things from mom and dad. And almost without exception, she was way happier and way more exhausted after every ski lesson vs days she skied just with us. Ski school was worth it.

But I get it, some people use it as alternate day care. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the days she was in ski school! But getting a "kid free ski day" was a bonus, not a feature.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Kids belong in ski school. They should also be put in driving school. These programs work to prevent them from being a drag on society and growing up to be Jerrys that drive slow in the left lane and slow down the lift by falling all the time. Kids don't need to be around their parents on the hill.

Last thing this world needs is more helicopter parents teaching their kids to ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    just another front ranger taking themselves to seriously up in the mountains.
    This, more than anything else posted here, is the problem.

Skiing is fun. Don’t take everything so seriously.

Just because you can afford to go into Evo, drop $2K on a backcountry setup, and lift your Tundra doesn’t make you Chris Davenport. But I’m not either. Nor are the 1000 other people on Berthoud on a Saturday.

Relax. Have fun. Be humble. It’s doesn’t seem that hard...
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Also I frankly never understood why you put your kid in ski school. Don’t you wanna ski with your kid?
    Didn't know you aren't allowed to ski with your kid ever if you put them in ski school, good to know

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Relax. Have fun. Be humble.
    This will be a great caption for my next instagram post from the tailgate of my lifted Tundra next to my $2k backcountry setup - thx!
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

solid work today gentlemen

I'm pretty sure the shit show will start right up thursday afternoon
    in the meantime make sure you enjoy yourselves

foggy went off the deep end for sure, hope he is ok
    and if your looking for him in grand county just look for the car/truck that has the "local" colorado sticker on it

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    ...all perfectly accessorized with the stickers rocket box,
    Funny. I wonder if those outdoorsy automotive accessory installation places in Denver have an assortment of stickers to choose from. Like: GTNP, Vail, Red Sox, RMNP, Coexist, etc. You can get your ski box and your stickers installed all in one place.
    Last edited by This End Up; 01-14-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    solid work today gentlemen

I'm pretty sure the shit show will start right up thursday afternoon
    in the meantime make sure you enjoy yourselves

and if your looking for him in grand county just look for the car/truck that has the "local" colorado sticker on it
    Pay attention, I don't do stickers on the truck. I'm just sending out invoices, kinda chillin', down to only a couple jobs to finish rather than 12. Some people just think I'm hatin' on them 'cause they live in the city when actually I'm hatin' on 'em 'cause there twats. A not so subtle difference.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D1BC2613-BA10-4E3B-B6BE-5F62A7D081EB.jpeg 
Views:	99 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	264592

I don't think family man can roll all murdered out like that.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Some of you non-frontrangers are pretty fucking salty. It's not like many of us want to live in the front range.
    The RFV welcomes those of you with the brains and means with open arms.

Only because so few of you can make it thru the gaper gauntlet.

saw one of foggy's "people" at the grocery store

all beared out, still wearing his ski pants at 630pm, pants were all pulled up and cuffed properly, beanie on, scuffing and draging his feet as he walked to draw attention to the boss day he had, three to four beers into the evening, and the pure look of joy and happiness on his face, cause the guy went deep two days in a row slaying the pow pow dragon

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    More likely a “native” CO sticker.

I put my kid in ski school so he can learn to make dolphin turns.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I put my kid in ski school so he can learn to make dolphin turns.
    As long as they don’t go all Bushwhacker on you, when they don’t really have any skills, you’ll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D1BC2613-BA10-4E3B-B6BE-5F62A7D081EB.jpeg 
Views:	99 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	264592
    All those accessories on that rig and no roof box to keep the road grime off the skis?

Gaper.
    I used to hike 2 hours for 10 minutes of turns on 207 gs skis, without needing “skins” or “hike mode.” Tell me again how I’m a gaper.
    -mikdes26

Roof boxes are prohibitive in parking garages. Snorkels are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Roof boxes are prohibitive in parking garages. Snorkels are not.
    Parking garage? We can all tell that guy just parks wherever he wants.

Wait, is that your rig, T?
    I used to hike 2 hours for 10 minutes of turns on 207 gs skis, without needing “skins” or “hike mode.” Tell me again how I’m a gaper.
    -mikdes26

That's now considered sexist. "They" park wherever "they" want.