Page 215 of 215 FirstFirst ... 210 211 212 213 214 215
Results 5,351 to 5,367 of 5367
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    We went to Juneau, AK recently. Got off the plane and went hiking right away. First person we saw, had a fucking Breck t-shirt on! Laughed our asses off. That place has its own problems with cruise ships. I'd take our gapers over their any day though.

And most tourist destinations have at least some traffic issues. Lahaina on Maui comes to mind. Anywhere you go that is a cool touristy destination is going to have some kind of issue with access but once you are there it is still pretty cool. Breck and Summit in general are pretty uncrowded once you actually park your car and get out and about.
    "Dude, I think this whole town is high. Breckenridge - 9700'", right?
    80% of people go 20% of the places. I have my short list of places that get me some peace and quiet, and I'm sure you have yours.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Iíve said it before but when does the tipping point occur and people move because they get fed up and tourists stop coming and go elsewhere for their mountain jollies? I hear WY is fucking tits.
    when it becomes so popular that nobody goes there anymore, LDO.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Tourons, fly into DIA then drive north. Fort C, Cheyenne, Rock Springs all need some love

Then we will have high housing prices and no business. Double-edged sword for sure, and I do get a little worn out through the season.
    My gripe for the day is I can't tell if people are driving passive aggressively, just like to fuck with the other drivers in their vicinity, or are they just that oblivious? Probably a mix. And I don't really deal with too much I70 traffic, so it a fairly open range. But somehow one or two cars just just bugger up the works quite well.

I left and will never return so you can thank me and my occasional visits I just drive like an ass hole and try to rectify poor behavior. The last thing Fort Fun needs is more fucking people. JFHC people live in Windsor now and commute from Greeley.

Trucks and all the fucking trailers/campers are a huge summertime I70 problem. Stay out of the fucking left lane!!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Trucks and all the fucking trailers/campers are a huge summertime I70 problem. Stay out of the fucking left lane!!
    Coming down westbound from the tunnel last week there were multiple semis in the middle lane for no apparent reason. Right lane completely clear, no road damage that I could tell. They just decided that they wanted to make 3 lanes into 1.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Coming down westbound from the tunnel last week there were multiple semis in the middle lane for no apparent reason. Right lane completely clear, no road damage that I could tell. They just decided that they wanted to make 3 lanes into 1.
    Exactly. Itís enraging.

Yesterday a camper going 40 mph in the right lane came up on a semi going 30 mph WB on the Gtown Hill....then decided to swerve into the left lane to pass, while cutting off 5 of us going 65 mph. Almost caused a chain reaction of crashes.

Later, coming EB just past the Silverthorne exit, some ASSHOLE almost caused multi car accident because he apparently missed the exit, cut in and slowed down to 20 Mph IN THE LEFT LANE and turned into the illegal crossover to Uturn into the WB lanes. I had to practically stand on my brakes to not hit the guy in front of me because of that ASSHOLE.

You guys should take the frontage road or 285.

Ban semis, trailers, RVs, the works.
    SUVs and pickups only.
    #makeI70greatagain

^^^^^ not until you pry my camper from my cold dead hands.....

but really, I hate taking the camper on 70, so many better routes and get to see more. Sure, may add an hr or 2 depending on destination but no big deal.

Just fucking around. I hope to be joining the camping trailer party in 2019.

This thread has been on repeat for years. What comes after the "trucks and campers suck!" talk? I think it's either $25 tolls or an alternate route over Rollins or Georgia Pass.

Oh, and on my same trip, I got off at Vail and go under to the main Vail roundabout. The SUV* in front of me takes a SHARP right out of the roundabout onto the EB OFFramp, in the dark. Did not see a u-turn, and I sure wasn't gonna stop to see what happened.

*crossovers are neither sport, nor utility, and barely worthwhile vehicles. Beware of drivers choosing crossovers.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Ban semis, trailers, RVs, the works.
    SUVs and pickups only.
    #makeI70greatagain
    Ban all foreign automobiles! Merican made ONLY!!!

This thread has been on repeat for years. What comes after the "trucks and campers suck!" talk? I think it's either $25 tolls or an alternate route over Rollins or Georgia Pass.
    It's just like the next track on your favorite guilty pleasure album. Or the cd that is stuck in the cd player and you haven't bothered to get it fixed.

No, first comes the fuck TABOR discussion.

Why wait do it now. 2018!!!! The economy will be in the shitter by 2019. Think about all the travel trailers vans and rv s you will be able to pick up on the cheap next year

And on top of that gas will be five bucks a gallon and you won't have to worry about the slowing down i 70

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk