Page 313 of 465 FirstFirst ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,825 of 11614
    Oh man, I was trying to help Danno out but I think we are making it worse. What's the poor guy to do, introduce this thread as exhibit A? I'm pulling for them as a family, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Oh man, I was trying to help Danno out but I think we are making it worse. What's the poor guy to do, introduce this thread as exhibit A? I'm pulling for them as a family, seriously.
    He'll do the right thing.

Unless his wife tells him he can't.

Tomorrow will be a complete shitshow on the roads. I’m guessing 4 long closures of I70 just tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    He'll do the right thing.

Unless his wife tells him he can't.

I convinced her, we're leaving tonight.

And it isn't a big deal to pull a kid out of elementary school, we did it for 4 days in November for a vacation. But doing it for an unscheduled day when your wife isn't a powder hound is a subject of negotiation.

Pray for us! I know we should leave now, but 5pm is probably the best I can hope for.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Pray for us! I know we should leave now, but 5pm is probably the best I can hope for.
    +++vibes

That's pretty late. We're hoping to get out around 3pm. Keep 40 in your back pocket - bonus: you could hit Pepe Osaka's right around dinner time if you go that route.

Has the stoke already turned to angst? I get it but it bums me out. Seriously. Wherever and whenever you get to where you are going, let's all take a collective bong hit and enjoy the day.

Friday is the new Saturday. Expect insanity. If is not, bonus. Saturday will be super soft leftovers. Remember, kids don't go to school on Fridays up here Grand County.

So yeah...temper your expectations and remember that your attitude is one of the few things you control.

Oh Simple...is the man holding you down? You should be staged in the normal spot by now.
    Account hacked.

Blowing out of town at 12:30. Godspeed everyone.

Mrs. Beece just left for summit. I feel like I just got left behind on the desert island.

you guys are behind the curve, being tgr and all I'd think you pros would know better
    5pm thursday night is going to be a disaster thursday is now the new friday night
    good luck to everyone

sure as hell don't know where the snow is, it's 15 degrees alittle too cold for a good pounding

and just to be a dick wednesday was the day cruised up and down 70 to denver without many issues
    was a bit high so the ride down averaged 75, did 80 plus on the way home at night not as high
    a few left lane loungers but horns and flashing the lights take care of stupid
    it seems to be boomers in their luxury cars must be entiltilement

It ain't...

Attachment 314220

Vail was a bit different and cheaper back then. I mean, it was a timeshare, not a second home that sat empty 50 weeks a year like they do it these days

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Down in CB, the hotel front desk guy said that there were a ton of cancelations because of the incoming weather. My wife says "WTF? Why would anyone cancel a ski trip because of a snow storm?" That's my girl.
    Maybe they're all super educated skiers that know that a storm coming in on NW flow is the source of CB's donut hole, so they're switching to Steamboat? We won't be getting much out of this one, that's my guess.

Per CDOT right now

THERE WILL BE EXTENDED CLOSURES ON I-70 AND US 40 FOR AVALANCHE CONTROL FRIDAY MORNING AND THE POTENTIAL FOR CLOSURES THROUGH THE WEEKEND.
    Country Club! I'm probably jinxing it.

Per CDOT right now

Country Club! I'm probably jinxing it.
    Nice job, Numbnuts.

Nice job, Numbnuts.
    Should I tell them about opensnow and snow stake cams also?

Classic Front Ranger. You know all the secrets. You know there are about 3million people in the Denver Metro. Some of them like to ski and some of them have passes to the same ski areas you do.

You really think I'm giving something up? You'll be the angst riddles guy in the lift life with the rest of the Bros from Lakewood fuming that I outed the possible road closures during the biggest hyped storm of the year.

Have fun being you.

Should I tell them about opensnow and snow stake cams also?

Classic Front Ranger. You know all the secrets. You know there are about 3million people in the Denver Metro. Some of them like to ski and some of them have passes to the same ski areas you do.

You really think I'm giving something up? You'll be the angst riddles guy in the lift life with the rest of the Bros from Lakewood fuming that I outed the possible road closures during the biggest hyped storm of the year.

Have fun being you.
    Awww... somebody needs a hug!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

In other breaking news that will probably ruin somebody's day

DENVER– The Colorado Department of Transportation issued a travel advisory for the mountains starting Thursday due to a snowstorm.

The travel advisory will last through the weekend.

CDOT said drivers will encounter significant snow accumulations, blowing and drifting snow and closures due to avalanche mitigation.

Heavy snowfall is likely in the northern mountains, south-central mountains, southern mountains and along the I-70 mountain corridor. Mountain winds will be strong at times, leading to areas of blowing and drifting snow, according to CDOT.

CDOT also said travel on Thursday, Friday and Saturday from the Front Range to ski areas will likely take longer than usual.

CDOT provided the following reminders for driving in the snow:

Drive slowly
    Do not follow too closely
    Do not pass plows
    Check cotrip.org for road conditions
    Ensure your vehicle is prepared for winter conditions and has proper tires, a scraper and other items in this checklist

Mrs Beece reports Loveland pass closed, poor vis and snow now covering road as they hit the tunnel. Sounds like the fun has started!

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Mrs Beece reports Loveland pass closed, poor vis and snow now covering road as they hit the tunnel. Sounds like the fun has started!
    Don't tell people it is snowing. Now everyone will know.

Closure #1......I70 EB Vail Pass closed.
    Old's Cool.

What route would you take from aspen to Denver tomorrow?
    I’m thinking Tennessee Pass to Fremont to Hoosier to 285
    Or through Leadville to 285

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post

I'd take McClure Pass to 50 over to Pueblo then up I-25.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    If 285 is the goal, take Tennessee Pass to Leadville then BV. No reason to loop back up through Summit County.

But check closures, with the wind forecast 285 could be more of a nightmare than I70.

He's not wrong.

Seems a bit extreme. Plus I-25 could close

It’s going to be heavy, dense snow. 24” will ski like 5”. No need to go everyone.