Page 372 of 465 FirstFirst ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... LastLast
Results 9,276 to 9,300 of 11607
    Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Google tells me Ute Pass to Rollins Pass ftw
    Somebody should try that and let me know how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Somebody should try that and let me know how it goes
    I'm almost certain at least a hundred people have driven up there this year because their phone told them it was a short cut to boulder

fuckn a summer is here! 70 carnage is full swing
    love it

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Craziness on I70 EB tonight. Drove past a small wildfire halfway between S’thorne and the tunnel (not sure WTF started it), then hit the traffic for the Silver Plume burnt semi that took the turn too fast and flipped. Got off at Bakersville to try and leapfrog up on the frontage road to Silver Plume but a cop was blocking that! Had to get back on and after the smoldering truck, there was another accident between G’town and Empire and this time I got through on the frontage road. Got back on at Empire, smooth sailing until another full stop near the St Mary’s exit. Got off again to the frontage road and went through Idaho Springs until I passed the construction/lane closure. Then all clear to Denver. Holy fuck ������
    Go fuck yourself I70!!!!
    sweet blog

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    I have to make that drive tomorrow or find another route to Longmont.
    Too late but Trail Ridge is open. .

DM me if you wanna grab a beer in the Longmont.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    sweet blog

That was the worst drive on I70 I’ve had this year. Missed all of the winter chaos somehow but last night was a joke. All that was missing was a snowmobile on a trailer stuck in the right lane (see what I did there?).

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Too late but Trail Ridge is open. .

DM me if you wanna grab a beer in the Longmont.

Appreciate the invite. Going to be up at Carter…sans cerveza though cuz I am boring old ex drunk.

That was the worst drive on I70 I’ve had this year. Missed all of the winter chaos somehow but last night was a joke. All that was missing was a snowmobile on a trailer stuck in the right lane (see what I did there?).
    I lol'ed.

I was on console for the semi fire. Sorry for your troubles. Interesting placement just after the 226 eb on ramp; usually they need the additional pitch from Plume to G-town to flame-on. Driver must possess some unique skillz to burn it up where he did. CDOT took the scene once the fire was out, and were taking their time letting people back on the highway past the burnt truck. They even turned back one of my dispatchers trying to make it into work before 6. Thanks Amazon.

FWIW, I'd be all for opening up the bike path to MV traffic in situations like this, but someone would probably burn up there too.

One upside of the Covids; the wife now works her call center job from home instead of schlepping to Frisco every day. I walk to work, and generally only get fucked by I-70 when I'm trying to do fun things. These two are the main factors which make living here tolerable. Well, that and whiskey sours on the porch with a lovely view of stalled traffic, and the gentle rumble of exploding tires on burning semis.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Well, that and whiskey sours on the porch with a lovely view of stalled traffic, and the gentle rumble of exploding tires on burning semis.

the sweet aroma of smoldering brakes?
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    the sweet aroma of smoldering brakes?
    Wafting, wafting... I'll drown that shit out with the smoker!
    We're not afraid to drink indoors in a pinch. I'll check this thread next time there's a big cluster in the area, and throw a spontaneous yard mini for stranded mags.
    Last edited by bendtheski; 06-11-2021 at 02:53 PM.

I lol'ed.

I was on console for the semi fire. Sorry for your troubles. Interesting placement just after the 226 eb on ramp; usually they need the additional pitch from Plume to G-town to flame-on. Driver must possess some unique skillz to burn it up where he did. CDOT took the scene once the fire was out, and were taking their time letting people back on the highway past the burnt truck. They even turned back one of my dispatchers trying to make it into work before 6. Thanks Amazon.

FWIW, I'd be all for opening up the bike path to MV traffic in situations like this, but someone would probably burn up there too.

One upside of the Covids; the wife now works her call center job from home instead of schlepping to Frisco every day. I walk to work, and generally only get fucked by I-70 when I'm trying to do fun things. These two are the main factors which make living here tolerable. Well, that and whiskey sours on the porch with a lovely view of stalled traffic, and the gentle rumble of exploding tires on burning semis.
    It takes a special kind of stupid to flip a semi before the G-town hill. These trucks need to slow the fuck down.

Anyone know what set the fire on the West side of the tunnel? Power line?

It takes a special kind of stupid to flip a semi before the G-town hill. These trucks need to slow the fuck down.

Anyone know what set the fire on the West side of the tunnel? Power line?
    I heard it had something to do with the back-up, but cannot confirm. There are definitely people clueless enough to toss out a cigarette but or to pull over on top of some dry brush when stuck in traffic.

At least there’s a good dip site nearby for air resources.

Does it seem like there's way more semi accidents than normal recently? I feel like maybe they are cutting corners due to all of the challenges with freight these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Does it seem like there's way more semi accidents than normal recently? I feel like maybe they are cutting corners due to all of the challenges with freight these days.
    Yes, it seems like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    If you can pass a drug test, ahem....pass. BIG shortage of drivers

Appreciate the invite. Going to be up at Carter…sans cerveza though cuz I am boring old ex drunk.
    Copy that have fun out there.

I went for a ride yesterday, and finally figured out what you meant by flipping the semi.

When we got the call, the driver had just disconnected the cab from the trailer because the back of the trailer was on fire (from over-heated brakes). I’m thinking fire or CDOT rolled it on its side after it was out to open up the ramp.

Be nice if someone cleaned that shit up. It stinks when you’re sucking wind on the climb, and forces you off the bike path, and within feet of I-70 traffic.

I went for a ride yesterday, and finally figured out what you meant by flipping the semi.

When we got the call, the driver had just disconnected the cab from the trailer because the back of the trailer was on fire (from over-heated brakes). I’m thinking fire or CDOT rolled it on its side after it was out to open up the ramp.

Be nice if someone cleaned that shit up. It stinks when you’re sucking wind on the climb, and forces you off the bike path, and within feet of I-70 traffic.

Ah makes sense. So what started the fire? Brakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Copy that have fun out there.

Good times on the lake…other than the dead body they recovered Sat a.m. Guess he had been missing for a couple months. P-boarder or something.

Good times on the lake…other than the dead body they recovered Sat a.m. Guess he had been missing for a couple months. P-boarder or something.
    Nice but yeah, yikes!

It’s in all likelihood the man who went missing in April they never found. They found an overturned kayak his truck and his dog and eventually called the search off after like 5 days. Sad.

This weekend a Guy fell off a pontoon in lake Estes and disappeared. They found his body Saturday also after a search.

Gee whiz!!

I know everybody already knows but Be careful on the water out there.

Had a solid 30/40 minute stoppage coming eastbound through the tunnel last night at 8. Thought they were metering but after finally getting into the tunnel I see that they are washing the fucking lights on a Sunday night and have traffic down to 1 lane. I would have thought they could have picked a better day for it but what do I know. At least the lights are nice and shiny now.

Ah makes sense. So what started the fire? Brakes?
    Yep. That’s why I was saying the guy had a unique set of skills. They usually need the steeper pitch of g-town hill to flame-on by the 228 overpass.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Had a solid 30/40 minute stoppage coming eastbound through the tunnel last night at 8. Thought they were metering but after finally getting into the tunnel I see that they are washing the fucking lights on a Sunday night and have traffic down to 1 lane. I would have thought they could have picked a better day for it but what do I know. At least the lights are nice and shiny now.
    Could CDOT be more stupid? Or are they just trolling all of us with that kind of shit?

A guy I know is a cdot engineer they do not give a shit I was floating him shit this weekend about traffic being jacked he said we retimed the light nothing we can do about the volume of cars

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Burnt Semi and RV just west of Lookout Mtn, WB I70. You can’t make this shit up!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9846.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	377224