Page 339 of 343 FirstFirst ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,475 of 8555

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

CDOTís car counts at the tunnel have been consistently down March-August, the most significant decrease being in April, with more than 50% reduction. Itís been steadily increasing every month since, but still shy of 2019 numbers.

July and August were still 100,000-200,000 below 2019.

It definitely seems busier, but the numbers indicate otherwise.

Calls for service for the SO have been down, most significantly during April and May. I havenít broken it down by call type, but guessing we had a lot less traffic complaints, and maybe a slight uptick in assault/DV. July/Aug numbers were down, but barely.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    I don't know. Maybe I really need to take a hard look at my own knowledge and practices, but there is no way I would look at an avalanche forecast that points out only the potential for relatively small wind slab avalanches on N-E-SE aspects and think that the forecast actually means that I should expect to trigger a wind slab on a W aspect that would step down to the ground and entrain enough snow to take out a roadway. If this is such an obvious exception, maybe it should be spelled out for us layman in the report.
    I responded to your post above in the thread on this topic here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...11#post6074411
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Can you guys please weigh in on this.... has this been a normal traffic summer season this year, or is it way busier than normal out there?

I'm kinda newish to Front Range driving again after having lived in the mountains for the last several years. I honestly am kind of broken at this point with how crowded every goddamn weekend has been the last 4 months in Colorado.
    Heh.

If you want to stay sane, you need to find a way to avoid I-70 on the weekends.

Welcome back to the shitshow HBM!
    To escape the crowds, I recommend Herman Gulch or Second Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Welcome back to the shitshow HBM!
    To escape the crowds, I recommend Herman Gulch or Second Creek.
    I love Herman Gulch for a peaceful retreat into the untouched wilderness.

Can you guys please weigh in on this.... has this been a normal traffic summer season this year, or is it way busier than normal out there?

I'm kinda newish to Front Range driving again after having lived in the mountains for the last several years. I honestly am kind of broken at this point with how crowded every goddamn weekend has been the last 4 months in Colorado.
    time to convince yourself you like mountain biking more than skiing

Why the f*** is i-70 eastbound closed?

Just after the 40 intersection too. Ouch.

Some jabroni had to have caused an accident. Another lost boat perhaps?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200920_134851.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	340881

I joined friends for one last camping trip before leaving Colorado this weekend up in the Gore Range. GPS said to go back through Winter Park. Currently stuck on Berthoud with traffic backed up all the way to Idaho Springs.

I'm so, so glad this is the last time I'll have to deal with this.

Yesterday on I-70 EB I had a total jackass in a Volvo cut in front of me when there was no room. After no more than 15 seconds in my lane, he changed lanes again and cut someone else off, then he was stuck in the lane next to me at which point I passed him.

This dude spent the next minute or so doing everything in his power to get back in front of me. He finally did and I flashed my brights at him. At which point he was triggered and decided to wave a Ka-bar knife out the window at me.

Fucking hilarious. I almost wanted to follow the guy and call CSP.

Motorcycle fatality

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200920_134851.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	340881

I joined friends for one last camping trip before leaving Colorado this weekend up in the Gore Range. GPS said to go back through Winter Park. Currently stuck on Berthoud with traffic backed up all the way to Idaho Springs.

I'm so, so glad this is the last time I'll have to deal with this.
    Where are you headed?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Motorcycle fatality
    10-4

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Where are you headed?
    Teton Valley

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Teton Valley
    Well played

Lookin extra special today

Last edited by wkd-rdr; 09-20-2020 at 05:45 PM.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Epic.

Probably faster to go 24 through the Springs vs that horseshit on 285. Probably all the leafers checking out the dead/brown leaves on Kenosha.

Anyone know anything about the semi accident on the east side of Monarch Pass this morning? It looked horrific.... I've never seen that kind of destruction. Looks like the guy either lost his brakes, or was just going way too fast through those curves. It was only 1/4 mile from the Run Away Truck Ramp too.

Yesterday on I-70 EB I had a total jackass in a Volvo cut in front of me when there was no room. After no more than 15 seconds in my lane, he changed lanes again and cut someone else off, then he was stuck in the lane next to me at which point I passed him.

This dude spent the next minute or so doing everything in his power to get back in front of me. He finally did and I flashed my brights at him. At which point he was triggered and decided to wave a Ka-bar knife out the window at me.

Surprised it was only a knife. I have a pretty strict rule about not calling 9-1-1 for traffic related stuff, but people who brandish weapons over car lengths in traffic deserve the felony stop and menacing conviction. Canít think of a more appropriate group to be banned from legally owning/possessing weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

I guess I should stop about having to commute all the way through Winter Park on the weekends! For those that didn't get the memo, Winter Park is like a mini Breckenridge now complete with $100K vans outside the coffee shop and a line of realtors on there knees begging for their $. Driving to the ski area this winter is gonna be a nightmare with all the new curb cuts.

Think about this...how much new capacity for anything (trails, roads, lifts, ski areas, public transportation etc.) has been added in the last 25 years versus the increase in demand. I'm not sure ski area or easy accessed backcounty is viable for me anymore and I live 15 minutes away. Not surprising I guess.

any town right off of 70 from the front range to glenwood is dead it's over
    enjoy it like I do, the tourists and front rangers are grating but their money flows freely and you best have your hands out
    planning on when you go places and what you do when is the only way to survive doesn't take too much effort but rolling in at a trailhead at 1030 am is dumb shit starting at 730 its glory
    there are many towns and places in this state that don't have the d bag to local ratio that places like winter park or breck have
    best to be looking for those now and planning your move but first get rich
    and the 100k van crowd yeah I want one okay? but when a van payment is more than my mortgage and I don't get a trust fund dispersment till next june you gotta rethink it all can't have everything

<snip> decided to wave a Ka-bar knife out the window at me.

You should ALWAYS do this. That has to be a menacing charge of some sort at a minimum...

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I guess I should stop about having to commute all the way through Winter Park on the weekends! For those that didn't get the memo, Winter Park is like a mini Breckenridge now complete with $100K vans outside the coffee shop and a line of realtors on there knees begging for their $.
    Yeah - but you have Pepe O'Saka's. Mmmm... Pepe's.

I always thought a "Nobody Cares You Sleep in a Van" sticker would get some laughs.

As this thread repeats itself, remind me what comes after the "jabronis are taking over my town" shtick? I think it's ban semis or $30 tunnel tolls.