Page 230 of 465 FirstFirst ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... LastLast
Results 5,726 to 5,750 of 11610
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Except that is a yearly average. So there are a lot of "normal" drive times averaged in there even if it is the "peak" of a Sunday (probably most/all of April/May, most of September, all of Oct/Nov, most of December).
    No, I get it.... I guess I was just trying to say that the numbers are fairly meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    No, I get it.... I guess I was just trying to say that the numbers are fairly meaningless.
    Yeah, totally. When you're sitting on 70 for an hour, waiting for the tunnel to open, it's no help to know that the official travel time needle is not moving! Or to know that November drive times will offset this awful drive.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Can I bitch about I-270 here? I've been stuck behind a semi fire for over an hour because cdot/local pigs weren't allowing traffic to use the emergency turnaround to get off the road.
    Interesting how different things are in other parts of the world...
    2003 on a bus from Paris to Lyon. A semi-tractor/trailer, pancaked two cars against the middle guard rail and it was a flaming inferno. Found out later there were 5 people killed. French police just lets cars roll by as it burned. Even inside the large bus, the heat was incredible. I’ve got photos somewhere.

Ed: here’s a photo
    Name:  fire.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  114.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    cdot wants the general public to belive that they are doing something positive and working hard so they create a bullshit study that a consultant was paid very well to come up with
    meanwhile cdot remains one of the most mismanaged gov't agencies out there (right next to rtd) with little to no oversight, while they try to make bond holders rich by selling off public highways to private companies

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    cdot wants the general public to belive that they are doing something positive and working hard so they create a bullshit study that a consultant was paid very well to come up with
    meanwhile cdot remains one of the most mismanaged gov't agencies out there (right next to rtd) with little to no oversight, while they try to make bond holders rich by selling off public highways to private companies
    Yeah, so they can get support for the future clusterfuck of adding a toll lane to WB I70 through Idaho Springs.

If it's so easy, go run CDOT.

Everyone wants to bitch about poorly run government. No one wants to fix it.

Guess we should just sell everything off to private companies and close gov't.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post

raise gas taxes 50 cents a gallon
    tax the shit out of electric hybred cars
    money raised I'll glady pay more for gas
    don't install cameras and big electronic bill boards that say nothing everywhere
    don't waist money on snow plows that talk to computers and other "smart" road garbage that benfits private tech companies latest start up
    start filling pot holes fixing bridges and adding lanes
    it is pretty easy but when you are bought out by special interests it's pretty hard to manage shit

Guess we should just sell everything off to private companies and close gov't.
    It's funny- the Brits sold off their train/subway system to private companies back in the 80s and now it is one of the most expensive and poorly run train systems in the world. The Swiss kept their shit together and have one of the best run and comparably reasonably priced train systems in the world. I can't think of too many example of privatization helping things. The one exception is the private security at SFO. It's the only major non-TSA airport in the US as far as I know and the security lines there are smooth.

CDOT is starved for cash. I keep voting for road tax increases and they keep getting shut down. Guess I'll have to bail on CO like everyone else.

Good one bruh

raise gas taxes 50 cents a gallon
    money raised I'll glady pay more for gas
    don't install cameras and big electronic bill boards that say nothing everywhere
    don't waist money on snow plows that talk to computers and other "smart" road garbage that benfits private tech companies latest start up
    start filling pot holes fixing bridges and adding lanes
    it is pretty easy but when you are bought out by special interests it's pretty hard to manage shit
    Fred has good points. The $26 million spent for the 'express' lanes east bound saves 2 minutes...quite an investment for 2 minutes. And the lane can only be used for 75 days a year. And can't be used during storms.

Drivers slow down to read the message signs...people are morons, including the message board manager who feels it's important to warn drivers on WB I-70 at Kipling that Clear Creek Canyon has construction.

Mag chloride, a known cancer causing agent, sprayed on roads constantly...even when storms aren't predicted. Also used when temps forecast for below zero...perfect to melt the first snow of the storm and then allow it to freeze into a perfect black ice layer under subsequent snow. Mag chloride also eats vehicles and wrecks power lines and transformers. But that's everyone's and Xcel's problem, right?

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Mag chloride also eats vehicles and wrecks power lines and transformers. But that's everyone's and Xcel's problem, right?
    This is all incorrect. Not saying Mag chloride is our savior, but it isn't nearly as bad as you say. You ever been somewhere where they use salt instead? That does all the things you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    This is all incorrect. Not saying Mag chloride is our savior, but it isn't nearly as bad as you say. You ever been somewhere where they use salt instead? That does all the things you are saying.
    This. If it was as bad as all that, our 25 year old Subaru would have rust... which it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Good one bruh
    Bro the idea that electric cars are some how better than gas is the best green washing ever batteries are pretty toxic and have a limited life span the material to make batteries is mined just because they use electricity which us out of site out of mind for most people creates this feel good idea when really power plants transmission lines gas wells are really no better than your average gas engine at the end of the day but we believe anything and provide free charging stations and tax credits

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I have a couple heavy gas burners, just joking about your word "hybred"

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    I have a couple heavy gas burners, just joking about your word "hybred"
    Failed English twice in high school and summer school was a joke no worries

I can tell by the lack of punctuation in the previous post.

.Name:  comma-clipart-clipart-best-frrJZJ-clipart.jpeg
Views: 657
Size:  6.3 KB
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Dudes it's just getting unbearbable from Denver. I need to move but can't find work. Such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Dudes it's just getting unbearbable from Denver. I need to move but can't find work. Such is life.
    Time yo shit better and buy a van. I skied a few thousand human powered feet yesterday afternoon after a 1/2 day at work. Got drunk at brewery. Slept. Skied 4.5hrs this AM. Cruised 70 the whole way.

Failed English twice in high school and summer school was a joke no worries

That’s harder to do now compared to the old days; everybody has to pass these days to keep the grad rates up. Impressive, nonetheless.

I saw the traffic backup this morning.... looked like it was 5mph from Floyd Hill all the way back to the Morrison/Red Rocks exit. And, to add icing to the cake it was also backed up on Hwy 6 through Clear Creek for a good 7-8 miles. That's Epic. Or Ikonic, whichever you prefer.

Time yo shit better and buy a van. I skied a few thousand human powered feet yesterday afternoon after a 1/2 day at work. Got drunk at brewery. Slept. Skied 4.5hrs this AM. Cruised 70 the whole way.
    This. Saw zero traffic on my way up to the IPW today at 5:30, skied 7 hours of awesome snow, home by 4:00 for dinner and drinks with the lady.

I70 is such a junk show, stay away heading WB on the weekends or roll outta Denver by 5:00.

Eldora wasn't much better. Left my home in Boulder at 7:20, got there around 9:00.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

There is tons of work up here. So good, you might want two or three of them. Besides, the less time you spend in your 300sqft the better.

I heard someone say it took 4 hours this morning from Denver to Copper. That’s beyond ridiculous. Why do people do that to themselves? Just find something else to do.