Page 348 of 465 FirstFirst ... 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 ... LastLast
Results 8,676 to 8,700 of 11610
    An hour to get to get from downslope of Floyd Hill to Fall River at 8pm on Thursday. Brutal!

I fucking love this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You and me both. I needed a little dose of why I left to recenter myself.

yeah this makes me happy I don’t work Vail Pass anymore
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    You and me both. I needed a little dose of why I left to recenter myself.
    I just laugh at whoever made the post many pages back about the reasoning of living down there, citing "better business commerce, blah blah etc" after I mentioned I'd never fathom moving back to Littleton haha. Yeah good luck with that!

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Just like every winter, I'll start tallying how many months I go without driving east of the Tunnels on I70.
    Old's Cool.

I mean I wouldn't want to ski/live anywhere within pissing distance of the bro down that is the Front Range.

Harsh words from concrete jungle. Ironic?

yeah, the front range sucks relatively speaking and the wife and I frequently talk about how we can escape it. that said, it's not that bad. I still ski and mt bike and camp in beautiful places a fair amount for your average weekend warrior. I live in a pretty place, with a trailhead a 5 minute drive away. Things could be a lot worse.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    yeah, the front range sucks relatively speaking and the wife and I frequently talk about how we can escape it. that said, it's not that bad. I still ski and mt bike and camp in beautiful places a fair amount for your average weekend warrior. I live in a pretty place, with a trailhead a 5 minute drive away. Things could be a lot worse.
    Relatively speaking, the Front Range is pretty fucking awesome actually. I always complain about what we've got here, but then I talk with a lot of friends and clients who are avid mountain bikers (and skiers) who live in the south, midwest, and elsewhere across the country where they have to drive over an hour to ride the same crappy 5-mile loop four times to get in a decent ride. We've got it pretty fucking good considering all that Colorado has going for it.

If you've been here long enough, it's not hard to avoid the crowds and traffic. But I do overwhelmingly agree that I-70 does indeed suck.

oh, yeah, 70 definitely sucks and while I am good at avoiding its suckage, I do get caught every now and then. And the construction stuff in IS right now is bad, because it fucks up the usual "avoid the 70 shitshow" patterns people have adopted. And with covid, many more people are getting out on weekdays, which probably makes the construction even worse.

But I do have to remind myself that as much as I might make fun of Marshall Mesa or Betasso, I am lucky to have those so close.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Relatively speaking, the Front Range is pretty fucking awesome actually. I always complain about what we've got here, but then I talk with a lot of friends and clients who are avid mountain bikers (and skiers) who live in the south, midwest, and elsewhere across the country where they have to drive over an hour to ride the same crappy 5-mile loop four times to get in a decent ride. We've got it pretty fucking good considering all that Colorado has going for it.

If you've been here long enough, it's not hard to avoid the crowds and traffic. But I do overwhelmingly agree that I-70 does indeed suck.
    Its true. Colorado freakin' rocks. Denver has the perfect combination of fantastic employment opportunity, solid access to the mountains and incredible weather (all year!). I would say it is the best city in the country for combination of those three criteria.

Damn, I forgot this thread occasionally gets into Denver circlejerk mode.
    What's next on the rotation - ban trucks on weekends?

Can't imagine choosing to live in Front Range over SLC, yet many do.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    LOL, the Wasatch is cool, all 30 miles of it...

Don't you live in Keystone?

I couldn't stand the inversion and smog in my few times in SLC. Maybe you get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Damn, I forgot this thread occasionally gets into Denver circlejerk mode.
    What's next on the rotation - ban trucks on weekends?
    Ban trucks on the weekdays! We can't have construction AND trucks. C'mon CDOT, get it together

I hit the road yesterday at 7am from Golden to MJ. Smooth sailing until the IS lane closure, and smooth afterward.
    That backup double the travel time, and THAT was with dry roads. The I70 work should be done at night, if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    LOL, the Wasatch is cool, all 30 miles of it...

Don't you live in Keystone?
    West of the Divide, yo! Not many options to live at the base of the ski are in UT. For those mountain lovers who are not city people, but don't want the middle of nowhere, UT is hard.

Wasatch snow vs CO snow and snowpack seems like it's an easier choice.

You are right Wasatch is small. I guess a bene of Denver is you can keep driving enough hours and then you are away from the crowds but still in the mountains. CO has a lot less salt flats and true desert than UT. When already West of the divide, the drive to emptiness is pretty short when the city comes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    The I70 work should be done at night, if at all possible.
    Not possible, from what I've been told. Temp-sensitive work.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Can't imagine living in tourist hell in Summit County, yet many do. Different strokes for different folks and almost everyone has a reason for living where they do: if everyone could just accept that, there would be a lot fewer high horsemen on the internets.

Buddy of mine put in 5.5 hours Denver to Steamboat yesterday. 3 hours to the tunnel.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You can get plenty of aqua gigs here man... But the sign at the end of the valley still says "full"
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

It's still comical, that you guys bash them for not building more lanes, then bash them when they... build lanes.
    It's gold Jerry, gold.

We could have been past this if you guys voted for the tax initiatives just once in the last 20 years that have been put forward.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    We could have been past this if you guys voted for the tax initiatives just once in the last 20 years that have been put forward.