Page 225 of 465 FirstFirst ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,625 of 11608
    CDOT is hiring plow truck drivers for $21 or so an hour if anyone wants to go do it better.......just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen1978 View Post
    CDOT is hiring plow truck drivers for $21 or so an hour if anyone wants to go do it better.......just sayin.
    Fuck that, then I wouldn't be able to bitch about them on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Sure you could, you could even be our guy on the inside! I bet you'd drive those plows a heluva lot faster than a lot of those guys.

There have been guys on the inside... in this here forum.. even, maybe, this thread
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Since when has that stopped anybody. Bitching on the internet is a god given right!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Let's be real though, driving those plows has gotta be sketch af. Def not worth the seasonal 21/hr

I work for the state.....not CDot and can garantee those plow trucks have the cheapest / lowest HP motor that is offered in them.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLanTheman View Post
    Let's be real though, driving those plows has gotta be sketch af. Def not worth the seasonal 21/hr
    Driving plows is easy mostly, it's dealing with the other drivers that is the challenge. (Not CDot here, but have driven that size plow in a previous life).

So if you crash a plow truck is it just a work related accident handled within CDOT/workers comp or does it go on your record? $21/hour isn’t enough to put my driving record and future employment on the line. Those trucks with a trailer that swings out to the side seem sketch as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen1978 View Post
    I work for the state.....not CDot and can garantee those plow trucks have the cheapest / lowest HP motor that is offered in them.
    wow glen hope your not posting from a work computer

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    wow glen hope your not posting from a work computer
    It was posted around 4:30pm on a Friday. No way he was

Drove east on 70 today around lunch time and it was smooth sailing... but holy shit, traffic heading west was bumper to bumper and basically not moving from the Empire exit to a couple miles before Floyd Hill. At noon.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Drove east on 70 today around lunch time and it was smooth sailing... but holy shit, traffic heading west was bumper to bumper and basically not moving from the Empire exit to a couple miles before Floyd Hill. At noon.
    That’s what I don’t get. Why isn’t there just an initial rush till like 9? What the fuck are all those people doing once they get to the resorts after lunch? They can’t all be staying the night?
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 12-09-2018 at 08:05 AM.

They can’t all be staying the night?
    I kinda think you are wrong. At least here in the FRV, front rangers staying Saturday night is certainly more of a thing than it used to be. At 4:30pm a lot of traffic is leaving the Jane and turning left.

But honestly, who knows. Maybe there are so many greenhorns that don't know how to I70?

It was way worse in the summer

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Keystone night skiing....

I was surprised by the amount of cars leaving Keystone at 5:45pm yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I kinda think you are wrong. At least here in the FRV, front rangers staying Saturday night is certainly more of a thing than it used to be. At 4:30pm a lot of traffic is leaving the Jane and turning left.

But honestly, who knows. Maybe there are so many greenhorns that don't know how to I70?
    I guess I am wrong. I guess there are hordes of weekend warriors driving up mid-Sat, dropping hundreds on a room, skiing Sunday and then heading back at 2. Sounds awesome.

My thought is that they slept in and left late, thinking they’d beat the traffic and get in a good afternoon of skiing...

When all you want to accomplish is to get a $200 Instagram pic, does it matter when you hit the road?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Your all wrong.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Your all wrong.

No, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    When all you want to accomplish is to get a $200 Instagram pic, does it matter when you hit the road?
    Gotta get the gram shot!

This time of year you can snap some sick shots right around the 3p sunset on mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Gotta get the gram shot!

This time of year you can snap some sick shots right around the 3p sunset on mountain.
    I'm not even sure if they even sell a half day ticket anymore. But... Evs!
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    No, you're wrong.
    The winner stalled out on g town hill west bound was awesome couldn't figure out why he couldn't get the thing in reverse and out of the road then again it was a lifted jeep Cherokee

and I'm always right Christmas shopping in Denver was dank

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Slightly off 70, but this afternoon cops pulled over a Toyota Corolla at the bottom of Berthoud Pass about to drive over toward Empire on THREE wheels. Passenger side front wheel was rim only. I passed the car about an hour earlier just south of WP, driving 20mph with flashers on, sparks flying from the wheel. Definitely a good idea to drive Berthoud, then 70, without a tire, in the winter. Wow.