Page 284 of 464 FirstFirst ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... LastLast
Results 7,076 to 7,100 of 11600
    How much time do you guys think Cottonwood really saves?

And I70 was a shitshow today, both ways to Denver. CDOT warning that the tunnel was closed, after the point of no return. Gee thanks guys. Fire closed the canyon too for my way back up. Driving around Denver sucked too. I don't know how people do it on a daily basis. Luckily there are lots of breweries.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    And I70 was a shitshow today, both ways to Denver. CDOT warning that the tunnel was closed, after the point of no return. Gee thanks guys. Fire closed the canyon too for my way back up. Driving around Denver sucked too. I don't know how people do it on a daily basis. Luckily there are lots of breweries.
    Why was the tunnel closed? What fire?

There was a fire on a hillside in Clear Creek

There was also a massive trailer crash burn just east of the tunnel.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

How much time do you guys think Cottonwood really saves?
    In the summer, maybe 20 minutes?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It saves your brain and focuses you on why you are driving west.

What more do you want. You can take a deep breath, look to your right, and in the back, and be like, This is why I live in Colorado, for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Why was the tunnel closed? What fire?
    Tunnel closed for a crash, an SUV was trying to board slide the guardrail and was still perfectly balanced there when I drove by. Fire was in Clear Creek somewhere, don't know the details but it closed the canyon.

Tunnel closed for a crash, an SUV was trying to board slide the guardrail and was still perfectly balanced there when I drove by. Fire was in Clear Creek somewhere, don't know the details but it closed the canyon.
    I was riding Centennial Cone from the Mayhem Gulch TH in the Canyon yesterday afternoon. Must have just missed the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I was riding Centennial Cone from the Mayhem Gulch TH in the Canyon yesterday afternoon. Must have just missed the fire.
    I could see smoke from Denver around 4pm. Drove the canyon around 11am on the way down and nada.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Except it’s not maintained in the winter...
    Understandable. But damn they put a lot of time in for improving it half the year.

never mind it's saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm pretty sure they didn't do any re-routes, based on my recollection
    Talked with a CB local (our guide) today, and she said that they actually did re-route a few sections and made it shorter.

Well then my recollection sucks.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

As you rush though you busy lives you see that old man sitting on the bench talking to himself. look into his bright blue eyes. And be kind . Because one day not so long ago He burned bright, Like the sun. He had allot of fun
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Might be a stupid question, but does anyone know if they built the road over the existing dirt road, or did they create a new road corridor? I could have sworn the road was shorter, and it looked totally new in some areas.
    Officially they shortened it by two miles. There are two sections of reroute.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    As you rush though you busy lives you see that old man sitting on the bench talking to himself. look into his bright blue eyes. And be kind . Because one day not so long ago He burned bright, Like the sun. He had allot of fun
    giving up on life at any age weather 25 or 85 is sad
    stay engaged stay alive
    stay happy

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Officially they shortened it by two miles. There are two sections of reroute.
    my recollection really really sucks, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    my recollection really really sucks, apparently.
    They did a nice job hiding it. There is one up by the top that I can see. I still haven’t seen the lower one but apparently you can tell if you look closely.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Shine on you crazy diamond.

I'm just here to say I had a completely drama-free day on I-70 yesterday, both heading up to Eagle County, and returning...

What is the official way to tell someone their light aren't on?
    I flash people from behind and get flipped off or flashed when I pass.
    I'm all like, how the fuck does your dash light up and your tail lights dont? Is this a new thing?

And jesus H kryst, if you're driving a trailer, check the connection and make sure its on.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

FU to the asshole today driving an enormous Winnebego, towing a pickup, going 40 in the middle lane, passing semis going 40 in the right lane, going WB by Lookout Mtn. Fuck you for swerving out and almost causing a chain reaction of crashes from cars going the speed limit trying to avoid your dumb ass and each other. How many miles per gallon do you get with that caravan? 5?! Fuck you.

I probably sounded a lot like MTT when I was bottoming out. Get a good bounce brotha.

Tourist season is never over when the most scenic E/W interstate runs right through Colorado. They'll keep coming forever....

This applies to truckers delivering your commodities and packages as well...