Page 273 of 465 FirstFirst ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,825 of 11607
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Summer time................................

I was driving around friday mid day and couldn't figure out why it was so busy, gapers

pretty much

that's what I like about 70 from trailerthorne to morrison exit
    you have to be fully engaged and it's fun
    been driving to vail and the front range more than I'd like lately, realized why I don't leave summit in the summer time

but yeah I always laugh when someone wants to keep up with me doing 80 plus west bound floyd hill through idaho spring
    they usually bail less than half way through that section, it takes a lot of focus
    80+ through Idaho Springs? So core. I'll bet you're one of those "guys" who drives recklessly through all towns/neighborhoods except yours.

Quote Originally Posted by skiingislife View Post
    80+ through Idaho Springs? So core. I'll bet you're one of those "guys" who drives recklessly through all towns/neighborhoods except yours.
    80 plus, while texting your mom.
    The key is to use the whole highway, luxury lanes.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Since we've had so much TABOR discussion in here, thought this was interesting. Contrary to what had been previously thought, TABOR can be eliminated by a single ballot question: https://www.9news.com/mobile/article...5-c481e159137b
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

“Oh boy this is harder than I thought”?

Is that official language?

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Fucking crowds and social media ruining everything in this state:
    https://www.outtherecolorado.com/cro...national-park/

The crowds are already here. Shoulder seasons are thisbig.

Since when has mid-June ever been shoulder season?

It wasn't. Maybe Memorial Day. But it seemed to ramp up until the 4th. Guess when you have a Lacrosse tourney in town, Mondays can feel like Fridays.

People getting out and enjoying nature are the fucking worst.

- Skiers. Or at least people posting on a ski forum in June.

This is a thread about bitching about driving and the like no? I did not clarify. Forgive me.

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    80 plus, while texting your mom.
    You wish. Mama don't text.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    This is a thread about bitching about driving and the like no? I did not clarify. Forgive me.
    Oh it is completely. I was just being an ass. It's like the people defending drivers in the Fucking Drivers thread.

It is busy all the time. The former slow seasons are now filled in by budget tourists and front range second home owners using there properties outside of prime VRBO/AirBnB season. They sit at the bar and bitch too.

You can't just do the same old same old like you did 10 years ago and expect it to be quiet. The good news is Colorado is a big place and their is a lifetime of solitude out there...for now...until it gets blogged and instragramed about.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    It is busy all the time. The former slow seasons are now filled in by budget tourists and front range second home owners using there properties outside of prime VRBO/AirBnB season. They sit at the bar and bitch too.

You can't just do the same old same old like you did 10 years ago and expect it to be quiet. The good news is Colorado is a big place and their is a lifetime of solitude out there...for now...until it gets blogged and instragramed about.
    Agree. Plenty of solitude even in the foothills and Front Range. And WY! Everyone should move to WY! Plenty of space there!

Just sucks all these awesome spots are getting overrun by Instagrammers seeking that money shot. I see people at these places and they pose, stare at their phone, pose again then leave. Fucking annoying as shit.

yeah summer touron season didn't start until the last week of june
    this year it took right off the first full week of june
    watching all the people freeze their balls off yesterday was pretty funny, puffies winter hats and gloves all around yesterday since it was raining and barely 50

a buddy said he overheard two gapers walking down the street talking about how crowded town was and wondering why it was so busy

tourists are destorying every town and location they can with bad behavior stupidity and lack of self awareness
    to many people just don't get out anymore they are stuck at home and in their jobs and on the internet and human interaciton and stepping outside of your comfort zone is not normal which is leading to people being complete iditots
    I see it every day now
    there was a huge backlash against gapers about 15 years ago and it got tamped down, but now alot of people who aren't in their early 20's trying to get their local card are starting to question the push to have every jerk off come visit our town, moab? toast national parks fucked

It's just busy all the time because more people are living here. I saw traffic in Silverthorne in MAY this year. WTF? A lot of folks are "Resident Tourists" who live here, but are perpetual gapers. That's what happens to these telecommuters who have very little human interaction.

Shit is going to hit the fan this summer, especially in the service industry. The workforce shortage vs tourism and population surge should be pretty evident. Restaurants are just looking for warm bodies at this point, who cares if they can actually do the job.

The article in the Colorado Sun about the mail delivery in mtn towns was sad but true. The photos of locals in line are classic.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

ABasin should be gaper Center this weekend, with parking down by Lake Dillon and shuttles up.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Agree. Plenty of solitude even in the foothills and Front Range. And WY! Everyone should move to WY! Plenty of space there!
    Too soon for an I-80 bitch thread?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    ABasin should be gaper Center this weekend, with parking down by Lake Dillon and shuttles up.
    Hoping to join the shitshow Sunday.

Blue jeans, starter jacket.

Vail got the Silverthorne treatment today. Paving on VP backed up traffic so drivers got off to use the Frontage Rd eventually backing things up on both.
    And then they have an accident where they are getting back on the highway. Glorious.

Mumps?

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Hoping to join the shitshow Sunday.

Blue jeans, starter jacket.
    more like cut offs and a tank top that says #gym selfie
    and the palest skin you can imagine that will turn to a fried neon red by lunch time

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    yeah summer touron season didn't start until the last week of june
    this year it took right off the first full week of june
    watching all the people freeze their balls off yesterday was pretty funny, puffies winter hats and gloves all around yesterday since it was raining and barely 50

a buddy said he overheard two gapers walking down the street talking about how crowded town was and wondering why it was so busy

tourists are destorying every town and location they can with bad behavior stupidity and lack of self awareness
    to many people just don't get out anymore they are stuck at home and in their jobs and on the internet and human interaciton and stepping outside of your comfort zone is not normal which is leading to people being complete iditots
    I see it every day now
    there was a huge backlash against gapers about 15 years ago and it got tamped down, but now alot of people who aren't in their early 20's trying to get their local card are starting to question the push to have every jerk off come visit our town, moab? toast national parks fucked
    The National Parks spend millions of dollars that should be going towards backlogged maintenance and other groups put out articles about why isn't this or that group getting outside...and then the people go and trash the places...and those who invited them wonder why it's so crowded, trashed, busy, wrecked. Everybody doesn't need to do everything and go everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    The National Parks spend millions of dollars that should be going towards backlogged maintenance and other groups put out articles about why isn't this or that group getting outside...and then the people go and trash the places...and those who invited them wonder why it's so crowded, trashed, busy, wrecked. Everybody doesn't need to do everything and go everywhere.
    But I need something to put on my Instabook and Facegrams.