Page 388 of 465 FirstFirst ... 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 ... LastLast
Results 9,676 to 9,700 of 11610
    I heard that Loveland Pass is gonna close for the season on 11/15 due to the plow truck driver shortage and not open until Memorial Day weekend. CDOT will be prioritizing other routes. Feels like locals only at the Basin this season.

https://www.governmentjobs.com/caree...-loveland-pass

Old's Cool.

I heard that CDOT will not be able to keep up with settling roads, cracks, and potholes through the state. They will focus on half-assed patching and overlays. Striping will occur yearly as the plows strip off the old paint. Truckers will be allowed to form twin ruts in the right lanes and taxing them for the increased use and accidents they cause will never happen.

Oh wait that is how it works right now. Carry on.

I drove cross country the other week along I70 and the second you get onto the Colorado section of road it turns to garbage asphalt with cracks and settling. Maybe we should annex eastern Colorado to Kansas so they can maintain the road better?

^would ya miss it really?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

I heard they are closing the Dam road due to AL Qaeda.

Remember that? 13 years ago when shit was normal...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

The new trend in our local governments is focusing on building our local communities and improving things for “Locals” and no longer prioritizing the visitor experience. Let’s see how long that lasts. As if we don’t already live in a bubble…

Semi loses brakes last night descending Eisenhower, nails 4 construction vehicles, massive fire, I 70 closed all night looks like 1 lane might be open now. 1 dead 1 seriously injured
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Not open as of 1 today westbound traffic in Dillon is a disaster and now some d****** thinks he can drive is trailer across the dam lots of winning

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Semi loses brakes last night descending Eisenhower, nails 4 construction vehicles, massive fire, I 70 closed all night looks like 1 lane might be open now. 1 dead 1 seriously injured
    Wow...did the semi miss the safety ramp or did it happen after that?

Does it seem like more trucks are losing their brakes these days? A result of less experienced drivers?

Happened right by dillon valley night paving could have been really bad

As much as I'll defend truckers they have been getting worse and worse two weeks ago at the bottom of vail pass east bound one truck tries to pass another guys is doing 30 mph I just laid on the horn for 5 mins at least I put a trucker horn in the car so its loud as shit look over and its some 22 year old kid driving whose in for the ride of his life as a i70 virgin

Truck drivers definitely getting worse. We send CDOT all our semi fire and smoking brake reports, presumably so they can crack down on the companies unleashing inexperienced drivers in the mountain corridor, but things seem to be only getting worse.

I’d trade the truck horn for a push-bumper and James Bond style rotating fictitious license plates.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Wow...did the semi miss the safety ramp or did it happen after that?
    Construction zone where it was down to one lane, maybe he didn't have access to the safety ramp when he needed it. Not sure, bummer for all involved. As much as I've driven that road over the years, it isn't

There definitely needs to be something done about inexperienced "Professional" drivers on I70. Maybe a mountain driving endorsement required for the driver and the truck. Drove back and forth to Denver a bunch last month and it really seems like a lot of truckers have no fucking clue about what is going on around them. Just white knuckling it to their destination and hoping for the best.

Every time I'm feeling bad about crowds or traffic I come here and it makes me feel better.

Thanks for that.

Severe shortage of truck drivers right now. And truck driving pays relatively well. So they are likely hiring inexperienced people to drive I-70

Likely?!?!

More like definitely. We constanty see dudes with shorts and t-shirts on putting chains on in the winter here. Louisiana and Alabama seem to be popular places to hire new drivers. They have no idea how to deal with snow and 8% grades

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post

I drove cross country the other week along I70 and the second you get onto the Colorado section of road it turns to garbage asphalt with cracks and settling. Maybe we should annex eastern Colorado to Kansas so they can maintain the road better?
    Heh, I drove through there last week and I was like "oh, this is why people hate I70." Almost as bad as Illinois' roads.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Heh, I drove through there last week and I was like "oh, this is why people hate I70." Almost as bad as Illinois' roads.
    Except there’s no toll.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Construction zone where it was down to one lane, maybe he didn't have access to the safety ramp when he needed it. Not sure, bummer for all involved. As much as I've driven that road over the years, it isn't

There definitely needs to be something done about inexperienced "Professional" drivers on I70. Maybe a mountain driving endorsement required for the driver and the truck. Drove back and forth to Denver a bunch last month and it really seems like a lot of truckers have no fucking clue about what is going on around them. Just white knuckling it to their destination and hoping for the best.
    Something definitely needs to be done, especially when CDOT workers are getting killed or seriously injured. Fuck these trucking companies sending inexperienced drivers into the wilds of I70.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

I am planning to go to steamboat tomorrow afternoon. Am I going to make it?

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post

I have some good news for you.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A4078828-7F67-4ED9-A702-F1E52DE81813.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	399.4 KB 
ID:	388988
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B94848BE-93E5-4851-9EC9-3DFD8CED7148.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	414.7 KB 
ID:	388989

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

I foresee a closed tunnel due to spun out cars and semis. May need to go the other way.

Odin: pro prediction: you will be just fine.

Reminds me of this past year when Danno was wondering if he could trailer to UT. I live in the middle of the mess and knew he would be just fine.

He was, you will. Put all doubt outside of your head and put the hammer down.

Relax, it's all good.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

You're gonna die.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It's the off season you'll be fine

Whew! Made it. Didn’t die either.