Page 265 of 465 FirstFirst ... 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,625 of 11610
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    1:15 Copper to Denver on a Sunday afternoon. It’s an I70 miracle!
    "It's like the luck of the Irish, only I'm not Irish, so you figure it out."

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You already know the answer to this problem.

And it isn't people putting their phones away - they'll never do that.

CO legislature has bill in the works to make phone use illegal in vehicles along with all their other bad this and that bullshit. Commifornia laws coming to a once great state....

I drove back from WP yesterday around 3, and today I left Vail just before 2. Both times, sailed on home. I thought I-70 was supposed to be a problem?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I left for WP this morning at 8:30am. Just over an hour to get there and I got a spot in the lower lot. Bizzaro world.

Sent from my SM-G965U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    I left for WP this morning at 8:30am. Just over an hour to get there and I got a spot in the lower lot. Bizzaro world.

Sent from my SM-G965U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Nobody goes there anymore. Too crowded.

It was full on spring fever in Boulder, I think everyone stayed here. Bikes, kids, dogs, softball game in the park, people smiling after a month of grey weather. Ski reports sound fantastic today!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I drove back from WP yesterday around 3, and today I left Vail just before 2. Both times, sailed on home. I thought I-70 was supposed to be a problem?
    It's because no one gives a shit about spring skiing when it's super nice on the Front Range and there's no new snow to speak of. Everyone has been spoiled this year with all the powder days, who wants to ski groomers anymore?

Or smooth wind buff in the alpine. Sounds good to me.

The potholes on the i70 flyover west bound neat the outlet malls in Silverthorne, they almost ate me up last night.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    The potholes on the i70 flyover west bound neat the outlet malls in Silverthorne, they almost ate me up last night.
    Got a notification that I70W closed from Loveland to Silverthorne for major roadwork today 10a-2p
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I wouldn't even call them potholes
    the concrete below the pavement is starting to get eaten too
    a perfect symbol of how inept cdot is at managing our roads, don't worry they keep their fiber optic and camera system fully updated maintained and funded, but can't fix a pothole to save their life

I've watched a few people get absolutely tossed driving through there

They are fixing it today.
    Heads up! CDOT will close westbound Interstate 70 at the Silverthorne Interchange (Exit 205) tomorrow (March 18) for asphalt patching operations. Work will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the bridge's two lanes crossing U.S. 6 east and Highway 9 north. Worker and motorist safety requires that all westbound traffic be detoured from I-70 to U.S. 6/Loveland Pass. Traffic can return to westbound I-70 at Silverthorne, just west of the work zone.

CDOT is undertaking the patching operation tomorrow to take advantage of a favorable weather window, in advance of any upcoming snowstorms.

Yo Fast Freddie, Cdot is hiring!

https://www.codot.gov/topcontent/employment

You'd be the perfect person to schedule pothole repair, lane closures, traffic management and the like.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Funny, I almost posted about this yesterday. Thought the bridge was falling apart as I cruised over at 65 mph.

Traffic was backed up from 6 all the way until Silver Plume. Better than a car falling through the road though.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yo Fast Freddie, Cdot is hiring!

https://www.codot.gov/topcontent/employment

You'd be the perfect person to schedule pothole repair, lane closures, traffic management and the like.
    yeah bro, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make a good gov't employee

but I am going to start my political carrer in 5 - 10 years, at that point I'll start holding people accountable for stupidity and waste, then again I'm pretty sure I'll never get elected to office, one can always dream

My son is on the Senate Budget Committee. Trump is in favor of a gas tax increase. Republicans can’t call it that, so they’ve labeled it a Motor Vehicle User Fee.

Dems are like, what are the Republicans up too here.
    That’s a Tax increase,no fucking way.

Bizarro world on capital hill.

Not sure if this is "news" or something that was in the works...

https://coloradosun.com/2019/04/08/c...law-i-70-snow/

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    Not sure if this is "news" or something that was in the works...

https://coloradosun.com/2019/04/08/c...law-i-70-snow/
    All that means is the bald tire RWD van is legal as long as they have chains in a box under the back seat.

4WD brodozer with oversized mud tires that are worse than all season in snow is legal all the time!

https://leg.colorado.gov/sites/defau..._hb1207_r1.pdf

Pissing in the wind...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    4WD brodozer with oversized mud tires that are worse than all season in snow is legal all the time!
    I was hanging out at the taco truck this weekend and parked next to it was a TRD Pro Tundra with literally completely bald tires which means that they have been on all winter.

I said to the person next to me, "that is why Vail Pass is a shitshow".

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    All that means is the bald tire RWD van is legal as long as they have chains in a box under the back seat.

https://leg.colorado.gov/sites/defau..._hb1207_r1.pdf

Pissing in the wind...
    So, essentially there will be enforcement checkpoints further increasing the suckage, with no part of the law effectively decreasing the suckage? That does not sound positive.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    So, essentially there will be enforcement checkpoints further increasing the suckage, with no part of the law effectively decreasing the suckage? That does not sound positive.
    It will only increase the suckage for the people who live below the checkpoint. It will also be a reason for the city folk to wait until they hit the parking lot to consume their THC products, and maybe the left lane will be fast again!

Where you seeing they are gonna have checkpoints? I don't see that anywhere. Checkpoints would require a huge manpower increase which would be included in the fiscal note linked above if they were gonna happen.

Check points will never happen. We've covered the feasibility of this in the past.
    This bill is more about awareness and a slight revenue stream.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague