Page 359 of 465 FirstFirst ... 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,975 of 11607
    The uneva peak webcam sure looks like a shit show to me.

Traffic not too bad this morning 1:20 from southeast aurora to Loveland leaving at 5:40

Through the tunnel at 6am. No problems. Early riser lot filling fast at 7:30.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Snow was real nice yesterday afternoon so enjoy it. I’ll be sitting the weekend out.

Traffic looked to be nonexistent when I checked at 9am

Foggy is right, traffic on President's day weekend is usually lighter.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Foggy is right, traffic on President's day weekend is usually lighter.
    Yeah, nobody skis holidays anymore, they are too busy.

As long as I can remember, Presidents’ Day has been a shit show. Especially when the first decent snow of the season coincides with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Yeah, nobody skis holidays anymore, they are too busy.

As long as I can remember, Presidents’ Day has been a shit show. Especially when the first decent snow of the season coincides with it.
    The resorts are always a shit show, which is what you see living up there. But the usual traffic patterns for front rangers, especially coming home, are all different. More weekenders, less day trips, and weekenders who don't all leave the front range Friday at 5, and don't all come home Sunday after skiing, or Monday after skiing.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

In a season of high out of state and red plates, there sure are a lot of out of state and red plates this weekend.

Side note: Tennessee is really making a play to be considered among the top asshole states out there.

The resorts are always a shit show, which is what you see living up there. But the usual traffic patterns for front rangers, especially coming home, are all different. More weekenders, less day trips, and weekenders who don't all leave the front range Friday at 5, and don't all come home Sunday after skiing, or Monday after skiing.
    Friday night traffic was bad. But yeah, extra day spreads the exodus out over Sunday and Monday sometimes.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Anybody know what would cause a 45 minute ‘safety closure’ going eastbound at Idaho Springs at Noon on dry roads?

Pulled up to a dead stop at Idaho Springs. CDOT said safety closure and traffic being rerouted through the canyon. Maps wanted to take us over Squaw Pass. With no estimated reopening we went for it, only to find out the closure opened less than 15 minutes later. 2 hours LL to Denver.

go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Anybody know what would cause a 45 minute ‘safety closure’ going eastbound at Idaho Springs at Noon on dry roads?

Pulled up to a dead stop at Idaho Springs. CDOT said safety closure and traffic being rerouted through the canyon. Maps wanted to take us over Squaw Pass. With no estimated reopening we went for it, only to find out the closure opened less than 15 minutes later. 2 hours LL to Denver.

Im guessing construction and wind? Idaho Springs is still a huge construction mess.

Quote Originally Posted by RyansFaith View Post
    Im guessing construction and wind? Idaho Springs is still a huge construction mess.
    Stolen car chase.
    https://www.9news.com/article/news/c...5-6a1408e48457

Good times

go upside down.

yesterday afternoon sucked. seemed like pre-covid i70 behaviour?

Quote Originally Posted by turbomike15 View Post
    yesterday afternoon sucked. seemed like pre-covid i70 behaviour?
    Clear weather but Eisenhower backed up to Frisco and US6 backed up to Keystone...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Clear weather but Eisenhower backed up to Frisco and US6 backed up to Keystone...
    Weird, I didn't experience that. I left Loveland at around 4:40pm and was home in SE Aurora by 6:00pm. For reference, that drive is usually 1:10 without any traffic whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    home in SE Aurora
    I'm sorry.

[you know skaredshtless was going to post this anyway, so I figured I might as well beat him to it.]

I'm sorry.

[you know skaredshtless was going to post this anyway, so I figured I might as well beat him to it.]
    I don't know, there are worse places to be in the Denver metro than a mile outside of Cherry Creek State Park.

I'm sorry.

Epikonic!

So we skied Saturday and traffic was... not too bad. Hit a bit of traffic at Floyd and then a short bit when someone decided to ass-pack the person in front of them around Bakerville.

On the way back, we got slowed around Downieville due to a shitbox BMW X6 that decided to crap out in the right lane.

Eisenhower backed up to Frisco and US6 backed up to Keystone...
    I hear this and just keep thinking the "reservations" system is a hoax.
    The Dillon Ice Castles can't be that popular.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    The Dillon Ice Castles can't be that popular.
    you have no idea the tail a good ice sculpture can bring in.

Name:  1316311-hot_tub_time_jkeu4.jpg
Views: 1533
Size:  325.8 KB

The line going over the pass looked miserable at 4pm Sunday. Stop and go all the way from Keystone to LL at least. So nice to take a left out of early riser, but had a buddy who had to take a right and he had to leave early. Bummer.