Page 336 of 465 FirstFirst ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... LastLast
Results 8,376 to 8,400 of 11610
    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderBreak View Post
    I remember that boat! What a day, what a perfect I70 mess.
    Keep playing the hits. That is one of my favorites.

You guys could probably make a mint if you turned that into a t-shirt. Something like, "Remember the boat! I survived I70 with some kind of multi-sport highway carnage mashup graphic.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

I enjoyed hearing about the boat and how so many of you saw it. Maybe not a tshirt but Would buy a sticker
    skid luxury

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7983.JPG 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	339446
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

I'm here to bitch about i70
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

The only thing dumber than that boat, is the dude who posted in CO Backcountry Ski and Snowboard on FB defending himself for triggering an avy onto the Eisenhower tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    The only thing dumber than that boat, is the dude who posted in CO Backcountry Ski and Snowboard on FB defending himself for triggering an avy onto the Eisenhower tunnel.
    That dude needs a lawyer in the worst way. That may have been the dumbest facebook post I've ever seen.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Post it up!

Just the pure idiocy, of basically asking for a legal defense on FB is one thing. Asking it to a group that overall thinks you were wrong pretty much explains why this guy made this choice in the first place.

Last edited by Jtlange; 09-17-2020 at 11:14 AM.

Lol. Wow

He's now bickering with people in the comments about how he wasn't wrong.

Of course he isn't. Its the states avalanche path!

Fucking worthless government.

Holy crap
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

That guy is notorious. He has been involved directly and indirectly with multiple avalanche accidents.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    That guy is notorious. He has been involved directly and indirectly with multiple avalanche accidents.
    Same guys who run "Competitions" that have kicked off slides up Deer Creek in Zuma, and Kitchen wall on the pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Same guys who run "Competitions" that have kicked off slides up Deer Creek in Zuma, and Kitchen wall on the pass?
    Yep

This is ridiculous. It is CDOT's responsibility to protect the tunnel and the road. They can do that using control work and/or closing off the area to access. If the area was not closed to access and it slid, CDOT is responsible for the damage to the road and/or tunnel, regardless of the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    This is ridiculous. It is CDOT's responsibility to protect the tunnel and the road. They can do that using control work and/or closing off the area to access. If the area was not closed to access and it slid, CDOT is responsible for the damage to the road and/or tunnel, regardless of the trigger.
    Merits of the case be what they may, its still stupid to blast it on FB asking for a legal defense. I don't love the precedent set if it goes against these guys, but he's still being a moron right now on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Yep
    and yet someone posted this:
    All of you community experts should realize that the OP has decades of backcountry experience all over North America.
    I have personally spent time with him in avalanche terrain over the last twenty years, and he is a great backcountry partner who you would want, if things turned unexpected.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I really hope this is in jest.

CDOT is responsible for protecting the road from natural hazards. Not from humans being idiots.

EDIT: Think of the equivalent while on the road. CDOT does a decent job of plowing. Some jabroni drives recklessly fast, crashes in the tunnel and cause a fuckton of damage. That's not CDOTs fault, that's an idiots fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtlange View Post
    Merits of the case be what they may, its still stupid to blast it on FB asking for a legal defense. I don't love the precedent set if it goes against these guys, but he's still being a moron right now on social media.
    yeah. I have no idea whether he's criminally liable, I see "just because you can doesn't mean you should" posted a bunch, and I agree that he shouldn't have skied there, but don't know if that means he's liable for damage caused by an avy he triggered. That said, he's an absolute moron for asking the question on social media and an absolute moron x1000 for arguing with people about it.

For seriously?

Eh, I see skiracer88_00's point (not saying I agree, but I don't think it's a ridiculous position to take). CDOT closes things like the fingers because the risk of avalanches is too high. If the risk of serious damage/risk to life is that high, such that they have permanent mitigation equipment installed, maybe the area should be closed. Do people routinely get cited for causing avys that hit a highway?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Eh, I see skiracer88_00's point (not saying I agree, but I don't think it's a ridiculous position to take). CDOT closes things like the fingers because the risk of avalanches is too high. If the risk of serious damage/risk to life is that high, such that they have permanent mitigation equipment installed, maybe the area should be closed. Do people routinely get cited for causing avys that hit a highway?
    This is where I fall, somewhere in the middle. $200K restitution seems steep if it didn't cause any actual damage to the tunnel, but I guess you could rack up $200K pretty fast if it caused even very minor damage. In that case, I think that he should have to pay for it. I don't think that he should be fined if it just meant that CDOT had to plow the snow off access road.

But with this guy's history, he should probably just go hang out with David Lesh and see if he can get a Virtika sponsorship.

David Leach is rich. The guy who set off an avy that broke a fence post above the tunnel is dirt poor. Like was homeless for a decade poor.

I don't condone his online bullshit. Anyone on FB is already a dummy IMO especially if you use it to talk about legal matters.