Page 268 of 287 FirstFirst ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,700 of 7153
    Brakes failed? Seems like the only rational explanation for that insanity...

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

This is fucking heartbreaking. 5 fatalities so far? Holy shit.

And yeah, wth is that? If he lost his brakes canít he gear down, itís not that steep there, though it is downhill.

CNN article Iím not linking due to them misquoting an official said the truck was a ďrunawayĒ but nowhere else did I see that, donít know what that technically means and donít know if they could ever determine it without the truckers truthful recount of the crash.

Same article credits a man named Darin Barton was panhandling nearby and rushed to aid 3 or 4 people from their cars. Heís not alone. Everyday heroes out there thank you to my fellow humans, civilians and first responders!

Fuck. Vibes.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

And, if he lost his brakes, how come no blasting of the horn?!? No air? Not supposed to do that?

Iím also not sure if driver is yet charged with anything, he can be brought in for interview without charges. Generally theyíd have to release you or charge you within 24 hours like on TV but they can later charge you and issue the summons or take you into custody. They want his side of the story. So do I. That rig had to be going 50 when it passed the van life youtuber guy.

Uh, edit, looks like he was charged. Holy crap this sucks.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    How horrific. WTF was the trucker doing? That time of day you can’t go fast anywhere in Denver metro. Was it a poor, shitty suicide attempt on his part?
    Same way rear-end accidents happen all the time. Motherfuckers following too close and not paying attention.
    I got cleaned out by a semi last year on I25 near 84th, at rush hour. Traffic came to a stop, the trucker didn't. Cleaned out 6 of us at 50mph.
    Somehow there were only minor injuries in that one, although 3 cars were totaled. One of them was a little tiny little Honda Fit and the drivers door got pushed in like 18". I have no idea how she didn't die, but she walked away...
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Video was removed. What was it?

wow. brutal.
    thing was flying past in that video!!

I want his story too, not buying failed brakes just yet. No drugs or alcohol, mental illness / suicide mission seems possible. Plus they charged him, so something is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    it was this

https://www.9news.com/video/news/loc...d4?jwsource=cl

Seems like the trucker could have drove into the ditch eh?

Seems like the trucker could have drove into the ditch eh?
    That's what got me thinking too. He didn't pull a Casey Jones to save anyone, plus they charged him. Must be more to it.

It was the unedited version of what's on 9news. Looks like he pulled it down himself, there were about 43,485 f bombs in it.
    You can find him on youtube at burger planet, just woke up haven't looked to see what's there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Same article credits a man named Darin Barton was panhandling nearby and rushed to aid 3 or 4 people from their cars. He’s not alone. Everyday heroes out there thank you to my fellow humans, civilians and first responders!
    Yeah sounds like he ran into the scene to yank people out of cars. Baller.

Today, 10:04 AM
    <snip> just woke up
    /humblebrag

^ lol. She was amazing.

But anyway, crash is at about 8:42, not sure what happens in vid after, I know he happens to get a few words with the panhandler but I haven't watched this whole vid.

Trucker guy might have been taking a micro nap. So sad for all involved. Video is crazy...that truck was hauling ass.

Edit...after watching the long version...holy shit maybe not. He was on the shoulder/exit ramp. Definitely something more than a micro nap.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Trucker guy might have been taking a micro nap. So sad for all involved. Video is crazy...that truck was hauling ass.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    yeah truck was flying.
    I could not believe how long it took them to flow water onto the scene. Looks like they had a couple of tenders on scene but they only provided a couple thousand gallons. They did not start using the master stream off that engine for like 15 minutes. Looks like there was no water anywhere close. Must have run 1/2 - 3/4 mile of 5 inch supply line from a hydrant.

I"m going to assume, but from what I read in the paper that the driver was headed to texas
    there is a lumber mill in outside of parshall that's sole purpose is to supply 2x4's for track homes in texas
    they can't get these loaded up and driven down there fast enough to keep up with the building

My first thought is that it was a gravel truck. They slow down for no one.

If we had speed cameras like Europe vehicles that should be regulated would be better about maintaining appropriate speed. Don't even need more cops. But it takes away our freedumb.

Even if the truck issue was mechanical at best gross horrendous negligence was at play. I canít verify it, but someone mentioned that there is video of him hauling ass past a emergency truck ramp. Then on top of that he waited to plow into cars that heíd have likely seen from a good ways away and choose to not eat shit in the ditch before getting there. How about his pretrip inspection? Iím guessing major fails on multiple levels lined up in the worst way.

Here's the video passing the truck ramp: https://www.facebook.com/olvera.pedr...9226736743573/

Tragic. Apparently preventable.

after the truck blows by the guy, a lot of smoke is visible, so I'm guessing his brakes were toast. Because why else would all that smoke be there? But that still doesn't explain the accident.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Here's the video passing the truck ramp: https://www.facebook.com/olvera.pedr...9226736743573/

Tragic. Apparently preventable.
    Thats fucking crazy. Was wondering why they would be randomly filming the truck, then the guys speaks up and obviously something was wrong wayyyyy up the hill from where it happened and he pulled his phone out.

The fact the fucking idiot blew past that ramp obviously out of control and almost taking a couple cars out, he should be in jail for a long time. Fucking asshat.

He's being held on 4 counts of vehicular homicide. I can't imagine he gets off with much less.

23 years old from Texas. No doubt inexperienced in the mountains. The systems that put him in that place without the training on how to instinctually handle it suck ballz.

White knuckled tunnel vision might not have seen the ramp... Because he had no business behind the wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Would a robot truck have known to avoid this, or will this tactic be the start of their uprising against us? No brakes suicide bombings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

Thats fucking crazy. Was wondering why they would be randomly filming the truck, then the guys speaks up and obviously something was wrong wayyyyy up the hill from where it happened and he pulled his phone out.

The fact the fucking idiot blew past that ramp obviously out of control and almost taking a couple cars out, he should be in jail for a long time. Fucking asshat.
    My thoughts exactly, how did he miss that ramp. The entire event was 100% avoidable. What a mess.

Iím guessing that he was wasted one way or another.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.