Page 282 of 465 FirstFirst ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... LastLast
Results 7,026 to 7,050 of 11607

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Lots of traffic heading up to Black Hawk from Golden then back down to 70. Looks fun lol.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pfvu603ss1l31.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	293285

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Closed for the night.

-edit: beat me to it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Holy shit, we saw remnants of hail on 285 on Friday, but was offline all weekend at the Sand Dunes so had no idea. Left Boulder at 3:45, sounds like we might have dodged a bullet!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

driving out of DIA around 11 AM on Thursday. Heading for Wolf Creek. What is the best route? Got stuck in the 70 construction in March. Is this avoidable? Rather drive 285 but open to 25 if it will be faster out of the city.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    driving out of DIA around 11 AM on Thursday. Heading for Wolf Creek. What is the best route? Got stuck in the 70 construction in March. Is this avoidable? Rather drive 285 but open to 25 if it will be faster out of the city.
    I-225 to I-25N to Hampden (Hwy 285). I'd check Google Maps and Waze to see on the morning of to see if this option is required...

You could do 225 to 25 to 285 in town if you really wanted to avoid any time on 70. Although in the middle of the day you're probably better off just taking 70 to 470 to 285.
    go upside down.

I'd go ahead and just switch your flight to ABQ

285 route is prettier but is more weather prone you have 190 miles of mostly 2 lane road.

E470->I25->US160 sounds much more straightforward driving and avoids traversing Denver... I mean unless there is a blizzard hitting CS/Pueblo.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Yea do ABQ, or COS, or SAF, if it doesn't add an airport connection. Cuts an hour off your drive. But not worth adding a connection. That time of year there might be UA or AA direct flights to DRO from big places like ORD, DFW, LAX, PHX and HOU... but flying to Durango can be pricey. You can fly from DEN. Don't fly inside CO. One little storm over CO and your lil bitty regional turbo prop is delayed or cancelled.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    285 route is prettier but is more weather prone you have 190 miles of mostly 2 lane road.

E470->I25->US160 sounds much more straightforward driving and avoids traversing Denver... I mean unless there is a blizzard hitting CS/Pueblo.
    Have you driven I-25 to/from CoSpgs lately? It's a total crapshoot whether you're going to end up in a clusterfuck on par with other I-70/I-25 shitshows.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Have you driven I-25 to/from CoSpgs lately? It's a total crapshoot whether you're going to end up in a clusterfuck on par with other I-70/I-25 shitshows.
    No I haven't driven that lately I try to avoid driving east of Idaho Springs unless there is an airport involved.
    Good to know
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I looked at that in the past also Durango. Have a couple hundred pounds of fish I am bringing down frozen. Have to minimize time at airports without freezer storage.
    Came up 470 to 70 and got stuck in the traffic. Thanks will probably do the 225 to 25 to 285 . There probably is an up to the minute site to check on 70 delays I could check
    off your knees Louie

<snip> There probably is an up to the minute site to check on 70 delays I could check
    Yeah - Google Maps.

Stay away from I70 through Denver. It’s a construction mess. Fly into ABQ

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yeah - Google Maps.
    Yeah, cotrip.org and their app is basically useless.

I started playing with configuring their text alerts last Winter. It was hard to fine tune and I was getting bombarded to the point where I ignored my phone.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Came down Saturday PM from the mountains. Was smooth sailing until Bakerville, then an hour of traffic to Georgetown. Yet another semi truck fire at the bottom of the hill. This seems to be happening once a month at that spot 🤬

Drove by the wreckage yesterday with one of my clients in the car, they asked if it was hit by a missile. Sure as shit looked like it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

BFD, just use Google maps. Don't try to plan a route ahead of time. Trust in your Google overlords
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Yeah, cotrip.org and their app is basically useless.
    For whatever reason, the fastest way to get CDOT updates is on Twitter. Don't know why, but the app seems to lag behind

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    BFD, just use Google maps. Don't try to plan a route ahead of time. Trust in your Google overlords
    Thanks I have never used it. Did not realize it routes by traffic conditions.
    off your knees Louie

traveling at night and early in the morning opposite typical mountain rush hour seems to be the ticket
    or start walking you'll be to the airport before you know it
    wednesday night last week was money the whole way up the mountain
    some guy wanted to race down from the tunnel, very fun, topped out just over 90 averaged 85 he had the left lane I had the right lane we used the centerlane for passing
    good time by all

Thanks I have never used it. Did not realize it routes by traffic conditions.
    yep, and it chooses all kinds of different routes. For ex, yesterday I threw in DIA to Wolf Creek, and it had the straightforward 70-C470-285, with heading down I-25 17 minutes slower. Right now, it has you going north on E470 to 76, then 76 to 70 to C470 to 285 (which is a weird route). Going E470 south to 25 is 12 minutes slower.

FYI, some of these routes (E470 and maybe 225?) have tolls. You can set Google Maps to avoid tolls if a toll road is a deal breaker.

FYI, some of these routes (E470 and maybe 225?) have tolls.
    No tolls on I-225.

Thanks, that's pretty much Kansas to me so it must have been the toll on my well being that I felt.

Right now, it has you going north on E470 to 76, then 76 to 70 to C470 to 285 (which is a weird route).
    It was avoiding typical rush hour congestion. Pena-70-470-285 is going to be the fastest and simplest option most of the time, construction hasn't really made traffic much worse through there - it's been terrible for years.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com