Page 270 of 465 FirstFirst ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... LastLast
Results 6,726 to 6,750 of 11607
    Quote Originally Posted by suburbs View Post
    One way rentals make up a fair amount of business for rental companies, and is a huge tool for managing fleet size. How should they handle a requirement that all of their vehicles currently in Colorado are required to have snow tires?

Also, do you know what percentage of rental transactions involve travel out of the Denver Metro area, and into the mountain corridor? I don't think anyone does.
    Omg how does (pick a province/state/country that imposes a snow tires) requirement even exist??? Surely there are no car rentals in such places as Quebec or Switzerland because such snow tire problems are too complex to solve!

They would figure out.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

You're a genius. My quick googleing shows that both those countries require cars registered within those countries to yve snow tires during a certain time of year. If we follow their example, then ooncars registered in the United States of America should have snot tires during a specified time of year. Makes a lot of sense to me

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Love the euro driving laws. Problem is Americans don't like rules that restrict freedum.

Euros have cameras on highways. Through cities you speed you get a fine in the mail. Between cities you can cruise. Trucks are enforced to lower speed limits and right lane. Makes too much sense right? Too bad the standard Congress person is a scientific dimwit who doesn't even drive enough to know what makes sense.

If yur gonna run the 20mph roadblock, ya might wanna actually be moving some snow.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Just witnessed a pretty good pileup east of the tunnel eastbound. Snow was only sticking from G-town to Bakerville, but wet at the tunnel. Kinda weird, but allowed people going eastbound to haul ass into a frozen curve. 30ish cars crashed. Westbound was clogged with trucks w/o chains, and cars with insufficient traction just spinning their wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Just witnessed a pretty good pileup east of the tunnel eastbound. Snow was only sticking from G-town to Bakerville, but wet at the tunnel. Kinda weird, but allowed people going eastbound to haul ass into a frozen curve. 30ish cars crashed. Westbound was clogged with trucks w/o chains, and cars with insufficient traction just spinning their wheels.
    Wow that does not sound great. Hopefully no major injuries.

Can verify that Canada, at least BC, is no different - the road to Whistler is M+S when should be snow tires required, and it is an absolute debacle when conditions go south.

I-70 provides.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I-70 - bringing the lolz for decades.

Vail Pass closed EB, just before I get on to head to the Basin.

MTHR FKR

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Vail Pass closed EB, just before I get on to head to the Basin.

MTHR FKR
    With this weather forecast, you should have known better and left by 5. Actually surprised it opened at 9...for a little while at least. You make it later and did you get double-dipped on the way home?
    Spring storms like this put the shit in show.

I turned around at about 830, went to the Cascade, and hiked with the dog. Then grabbed a sixer of Stone IPA (at fucking shitty market, by the way - so awesome). Not the worst day.

Will try again in the morning, leaving at 630am this time.

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    I turned around at about 830, went to the Cascade, and hiked with the dog. Then grabbed a sixer of Stone IPA (at fucking shitty market, by the way - so awesome). Not the worst day.

Will try again in the morning, leaving at 630am this time.
    There was over a foot in town in a lot of places. And the poor trees took a beating. Not as bad as times before, but not good.

Quite the semi wreckage sitting on the side of I70 WB near the bottom of the west side of Vail Pass. Water bottles everywhere, cab turned over, trailer in pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Quite the semi wreckage sitting on the side of I70 WB near the bottom of the west side of Vail Pass. Water bottles everywhere, cab turned over, trailer in pieces.
    Saw that today. My wife had just given me shit for drinking the bottled water in a hotel room and told me that I was killing the planet. I just had to laugh and point out how all those plastic bottles on the highway were going the same place the one I drank was. She didn't seem it was as funny as I did.

hey gaper go home
    for all you people who spent the winter sitting at home in arvada, westiminster, aurora, littleton, lakewood, even ohio, iowa, and oklahoma, thanks for coming up to the mountains this weekend to kick off the summer
    put your cell phone down, if you need to gape out maybe pull the car over
    going ten to twenty mph below the speed limit so you can take in all the great mountain views that you moved to colorado for is right up there
    and when that two lane highway that you were doing 15 under the posted speed limit opens with a pasing lane suddenly you have to speed right up and not let anyone pass you?
    I know there are lots of curves on mountain passes and your all excited to see snow, sure it's almost june and there is a shit ton on the ground, but please pull the fuck over and go play in it
    and christ almighty is buying a camper to use three times a year the only way to get colorado cred, having that parked in your in your yard for fifty weeks a year makes you a "camper"
    and old people, shouldn't they take your licensce away at age 65? talk about people driving with no goal or reason
    and yeah I'm riding your ass in third gear as you cunt up the left lane because your too scared on the downhill and you have poor driving skills and all I smell is what is left of your brakes as fearfully decend a mountain pass

and fyi the cops are loving the westbound decent from the top of vail pass this year

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    and when that two lane highway that you were doing 15 under the posted speed limit opens with a pasing lane suddenly you have to speed right up and not let anyone pass you?
    This is the absolute worst.

hey gaper go home
    for all you people who spent the winter sitting at home in arvada, westiminster, aurora, littleton, lakewood, even ohio, iowa, and oklahoma, thanks for coming up to the mountains this weekend to kick off the summer
    put your cell phone down, if you need to gape out maybe pull the car over
    going ten to twenty mph below the speed limit so you can take in all the great mountain views that you moved to colorado for is right up there
    I know there are lots of curves on mountain passes and your all excited to see snow, sure it's almost june and there is a shit ton on the ground, but please pull the fuck over and go play in it
    and christ almighty is buying a camper to use three times a year the only way to get colorado cred, having that parked in your in your yard for fifty weeks a year makes you a "camper"
    and old people, shouldn't they take your licensce away at age 65? talk about people driving with no goal or reason
    and yeah I'm riding your ass in third gear as you cunt up the left lane because your too scared on the downhill and you have poor driving skills and all I smell is what is left of your brakes as fearfully decend a mountain pass

and fyi the cops are loving the westbound decent from the top of vail pass this year
    Solid rant.

EPIC

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Solid rant.
    Yep. 4 out of 5 stars. Would have gotten a solid 5 out of 5 with punctuation.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yep. 4 out of 5 stars. Would have gotten a solid 5 out of 5 with punctuation.
    That rant described my weekend in Breck and Vail. Also, pedestrians: GTFO of the bike lane! And yes, it snows in the Rockies in late May/June

This is not limited to front rangers, this is some weird phenomenon that exists everywhere. And is annoying AF.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

That rant described my weekend in Breck and Vail. Also, pedestrians: GTFO of the bike lane! And yes, it snows in the Rockies in late May/June
    Take it to the OFFICIAL bike lane bitching thread, newb

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Also, stop FaceTiming in nature. Your cousin in Ohio doesn’t really care about snow on Loveland Pass.

Shitbag that killed the people with the lumber truck made bail.

Think July 14th arraignment. Will be interesting to see if he's still in the country by then.

Can't believe he got bonded. Do the courts make the bond companies pay up when somebody skips?

He got donations for bail from gofundme.

He is court ordered to stay in Colorado.